All questions about 5X Rewards here...

I got 215 points!!! I am very excited - wish they had a promotion for right now! I didn't get to check the breakdown b/c my card had fraudulent charges on it and my online account isn't working until I get the new card.

I just got a Disney Rewards card about a month or two ago. When they do the 5x rewards, how do you find out about it? Is it for everyone or just a select group? Thanks for your help! I want to use this card the best ways possible!!

I think that you all might be able to answer this. I just got an pre-approved offer in the mail that said we'd get 200 Disney Rewards for using it for the first time. And that equals a 200 Disney GC. We're planning a trip for Nov 2010, and this seems like a sweet way to pay for some of our park tix. Is there a catch? I couldn't find one in the fine print. Anyone else do this?

I also go this offer back in December sometime. I signed up and made my first purchase at the end of Dec. I looked today and my 200 reward points are there!

FWIW, I already had a Disney Visa and still got the 200 rewards points with this new Disney Visa...

I just got a Disney Rewards card about a month or two ago. When they do the 5x rewards, how do you find out about it? Is it for everyone or just a select group? Thanks for your help! I want to use this card the best ways possible!!

They send a large postcard type mailing explaining your offer (all are not the same) or an email with the same info. I usually have received both. The offers are usually good for 3 months(calender quarters), have a minimum threshold amt to spent before getting the bonus and mosttimes the bonus is only earned on certain categories of spending. (grocery, airline, dining gas are a common group) You do have to call or go online like the offer states, you will earn the regular disney dollars as usual. The bonus portion (the extra 4xs) will be on the ACTUAL month (1st through monthend) Not your statement month. It's a pain to keep track of esp. when there are categories. Also, there is a limit of $100 or $200 (I have had both at different times) of the Bouns dollars you can earn per timeframe. Hope this helps.

Obviously, I am new at this . . . I received the flyer for the Oct-Dec promo & incorrectly assumed that it was automatic. :confused3

I spent enough to get the full 200 bonus dollars :mad:

I just called & they said that they are sending it to their "escalations" department and I should hear back in 7-10 days if they're going to still give me the points. They mentioned that they might "work with me" and give me 100 of the points.

Anyone else had something similar happen? :headache:

Yes, quoting myself here . . .

When I called on Jan 11 they said that I would "know something" within 8-10 business days. Well, I just checked my statement and it shows an adjustment of 200 points!! Yeah! I think we're going to upgrade to Wilderness Lodge now!

Yes, quoting myself here . . .

When I called on Jan 11 they said that I would "know something" within 8-10 business days. Well, I just checked my statement and it shows an adjustment of 200 points!! Yeah! I think we're going to upgrade to Wilderness Lodge now!

Glad that they made the adj. for you. Next time make sure you call/logon to sign up!! We are going to WL in 2 weeks! Have fun there.

I got the offer for the pre approved Disney Visa, yesterday. This is the one with the 200 bonus points after the first use. Am I understanding that the points are good for the time frame of the card? Example if the expiration is 12/13 they would need to be used before that date? And I just read some of you saying you called for another card with $10 on it ??? I'm confused.:confused3

Jo

I got the offer for the pre approved Disney Visa, yesterday. This is the one with the 200 bonus points after the first use. Am I understanding that the points are good for the time frame of the card? Example if the expiration is 12/13 they would need to be used before that date? And I just read some of you saying you called for another card with $10 on it ??? I'm confused.:confused3

Jo

How did you get this offer? The only one I can find is a $40 credit after you use your card. I would love to get 200 bonus points!

How did you get this offer? The only one I can find is a $40 credit after you use your card. I would love to get 200 bonus points!

It came by snail mail! Yeah that's the only reason I went for it. I couldn't believe it was so good. So I will get rid of one of my other cards and use this one if when I read all the info it is comparable.

JoAnn

I got 215 points!!! I am very excited - wish they had a promotion for right now! I didn't get to check the breakdown b/c my card had fraudulent charges on it and my online account isn't working until I get the new card.

I am in the same situation. I had 3 fraudulent charges on my statement this month that they are taking care of right now, but I got my card in 2 days. They overnighted it via UPS. I was shocked, but thought maybe because they see I have purchases like everyday on my card and payments all the time. Whenever I charge something I come right home and do a web transfer from my bank so I don't carry a balance but earn my points too. I wish my threshold wasn't $1000.

I just got my statement and my 5X reward bonus came to two dollars. How is that even possible?

DId you figure you bonus out? It's only earned on amounts in your categories (if you have them) over the threshold each month. Can't answer your question unless you have figured it out based on your offer and purchases. Yes, of course it can be correct, no it might not be.

Jo

I just got the same thing in the mail too! Had no idea that this card (and the dollar earning promotion) even existed. I am kicking myself that I could have been racking up bonus dollars all this time.... I am excited to get my stuff in the mail and start learning how this all works? I have read some of you mention a cap on how many funds you can earn... what is the limit? How do the limits work?

I just got the same thing in the mail too! Had no idea that this card (and the dollar earning promotion) even existed. I am kicking myself that I could have been racking up bonus dollars all this time.... I am excited to get my stuff in the mail and start learning how this all works? I have read some of you mention a cap on how many funds you can earn... what is the limit? How do the limits work?

I will try to answer off the top of my head. I know the yearly rewards cap is like 750 dollars, so basically you would have to charge 75,000. I am not sure if there is an exception when you are recieving bonus reward offers to the yearly cap. As to your other question about expiration, this one boggled me too when I signed up. It is not the expiration date on your credit card but the expiration date on the rewards card that you will order to transfer rewards dollars to. When you call to get the rewards card (looks like a cc) it will expire say 12/10 and then any rewards you transfer to the card will expire on that date. So if you aren't going to use them keep them in "your account." I believe any rewards that I am getting right now expire in 2014 or 2015 w/out transfering them to card so they do expire but far into the future. Hope that helps.

Every month you will see a new rewards amount say you charged 300 bucks so 3 disney dollars and each month on your statement it will print when the disney dollars expire like I said not until 2014 or something like that.

I am so bummed...my Jan Statement just came and I have ONE disney reward on it???? Still dd not get my 5xs bouns from our Dec purchase...:mad:

We leave for Disney in two weeks and my guess is the rewards will be on our Feb statement...what a bummer...:sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter