All questions about 5X Rewards here...

Discussion in 'Budget Board' started by JodiR, Sep 1, 2009.

1. JodiR

JodiR DIS Veteran

Since we all have questions about this program, I thought we could put our questions and answers in one thread.

Right now is the airline, dining, groceries and gas from July 1- Sept. 30.

My question is this... you still earn 1 DDR + another 5 for those amounts that qualify? So it is actually 6 DDR's total?

Feel free to post any questions or comments on the program

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. aka-mad4themouse

aka-mad4themouse <font color="blue">Budget Board Co-Host</font>

The categories and threshold of spending is not the same for everyone.

My categories are:

• [*]Dining
      [*]Groceries
      [*]Gas
      [*]Airlines​

I get 4 bonus rewards dollars for every dollar over $250 spent in those categories each month up to a maximum of 100 bonus rewards dollars over the 3-month period.

4. alyssa810

alyssa810 <font color=purple>It's much more fun on the boat<

Mine is the same, 4 bonus rewards, which if I recall correctly from the last time I had the promo they didn't add until after the promotion ended. My threshold is $600, and I think the last time it was $250 (which was a lot easier to spend). I'll still take all the bonus offers I can get!

5. DisneyDebbie

DisneyDebbie DIS Veteran

mine is the same time period, but 5x and the minimum is $1000.

6. ceecee

ceecee DIS Veteran

Mine was 5X over $750.00. Last month's VISA bill was $3200 and I got 31 reward points AND (are you ready for this???) 2 whole bonus reward points. The month prior I got only 4 bonus points. Everything around here is in the "other" catagory and doesn't count. We charge everything and pay it off each month, you get the rewards after you pay I believe.

7. aka-mad4themouse

Ceecee, the bonus points are awarded 6-8 weeks from the month in which the transaction posts to your account. So if you saw 2 bonus points on last month's statement, they would be from bonus rewards earned on a bill that was generated in May or June.

Most of my purchases show up as "other" in my account online. I still get the bonus credits for my grocery shopping at Pathmark and Safeway.

8. ceecee

ceecee DIS Veteran

Great, maybe I will get some morebonus points then! I got a postcard for Apr-June and again for July-Sept. so I was hoping to get some additional points since we charge everything and most bills are around $2000-3000 a month. I did call once and ask about the grocery store and the cs rep just said it depends on how the individual store labels it.

9. cinderella97

cinderella97 DIS Veteran

Do you have to get the email about this or do you just sign up?

10. secretpantssam

secretpantssam DIS Veteran

I got this promotion last summer with a limit of $250 and I was able to get a good amount of bonus dollars. Then the next time around they upped the minimum to $500 and I didn't make it so I guess they stopped giving it to me...:sad1:

11. eyor44

eyor44 DIS Veteran

Mine is the same minimum which stinks. I never spend $1000 in one month in those categories........though I do try.:lmao:

12. aka-mad4themouse

Mine was a snail-mail flyer. If you didn't get one, you can call Chase to see if you might be "on the list:. As long as you sign up by 9/29/2009, they will go back and calculate your bonuses from July and August. Of course, that doesn't help if you've haven't been using your Disney VISA lately.

13. HeyIt'sMe

HeyIt'sMe <font color=darkorchid>For Tag Fairy's Use only<br

When we first got our Disney Visa (we are Day One cardholders) we used it alot and I vaguely remember getting an initial 5X bonus offer years ago and I think the minimum was some ridiculous amount like $2,500.

We stopped using the card for awhile and - surprise! - last year we got the 5X bonus three times. However, each time the minimum was raised; but that's what the 5X bonus is all about-getting people to use their Chase Disney Visa more! This is what we got -

Jan-Mar 2008 - Limit was $100
    Apr-Jun 2008 - Limit was $250
    Jul-Sep 2008 - Limit was $500

We easily met these limits but we didn't get an offer after the Jul-Sep 2008 time frame until a year later (Jul-Sep 2009) and the limit is $500 since we've been using the card more.

14. thymed

thymed Mouseketeer

That would explain why we didn't get it either :(

15. aka-mad4themouse

:confused3 I don't know about that. We use DH's Disney VISA for all our recurring bills and we got the offer twice this year. The first had a threshold of $500/mo in all the select categories while the second offer only had a $250 threshold.

We typically have between $1500-$2500 in charges each month on the card.

16. deedeetoo

deedeetoo DIS Veteran

I don't think we've gotten one of these offers in over a year. Last time we had it I bought international plane tickets for four of us, plus a few other big purchases. We got so many extra reward dollars that I think we are now permanently off the list.

17. Ava

Ava DIS Veteran

I got the offer for Apr-June and for July-Sept this year. Both of my offers were 5X rewards in groceries, dining, gas, & airlines with a minimum of $250. I got the offer at least once last year as well, but with a higher minimum (I think $750 or $1000) & I never earned any bonuses. The highest bonus I've earned was $13, but most months it's only been around $5. I'll take it though!

18. eyor44

eyor44 DIS Veteran

Just an FYI
    I viewed my statement online last night and it showed $25 bonus rewards. I had purchased a plane ticket, so I am sure that is what put me over my $1000 minimum.:cool1:

19. DLW8

DLW8 DIS Veteran

I haven't gotten any of the 3X or 5X rewards points (and I'm a Day 1 cardholder, too!), but earlier this summer I got a postcard that said if I pay my telecommunications bill as a recurring payment on my credit card for 2 months between July and SEptember, I'd get 25 bonus points. I quickly changed my phone and cell bills and got the 25 bonus points. perhaps that is what you have as well.

with the 5x rewards, typically it takes 6 - 8 weeks after the end of the program to get those bonus points...

20. aka-mad4themouse

It's actually 6-8 weeks following the date that the charges are posted to your account. So anyone who got the July-Aug-Sept offer might be seeing some of those 5x rewards in their statements right now if they reached their monthly threshold in early- to mid-July and they have a late-August or early-Sept closing date.

We've already seen some bonus rewards on our recent online statement. :cool1:

21. jfegan

jfegan Earning My Ears

I haven't been paying close attention, but it seems we've been getting our bonus rewards applied every month. This was the first offer of it's kind for us and I don't think I will use the card for awhile and see if that helps renew the offer for us.

Besides CC make my DH a nervous wreck even if I pay them in full each month. I'm sure he would like to breath easy for a few months heading into the Christmas season and then if they offer the 5x's offer (or something like it again) then I will drive him crazy again.

He'll understand when we are spending free money in 2011!!:goodvibes