All-New Disdads T-shirt thread

Discussion in 'DIS Dads' started by AJRitz, Nov 6, 2011.

1. AJRitz

AJRitz DIS DAD #420

As I mentioned in the current mother-thread, now that we've chosen a new Disdads logo, I'm working on getting new T-shirts printed as soon as possible.

As I explained, I'm planning on getting this first batch of shirts screen-printed, which helps keep our per-shirt cost down, and (because it's a service that is included with the preparation of the printing screen) it gets us the services of a graphic artist for free to "clean up" the logo image (which we can then use on other Dis Dads Schwag).

The only real downside to this option is that I need to place an order for a minimum of 25 shirts, and pay for them upfront. I'm OK with fronting this cost, but I want to make sure that people buy what I order. I know that I could collect orders first, but doing that might preclude me from getting the printing done in time for the holiday season (and people's upcoming Disney trips).

So, please post here if you're interested in a new Dis Dads t-shirt and (this is important) what size you'd like.

The plan for the design is to print red t-shirts (so that we can use two colors when printing the logo, instead of three). A large, circular, logo would appear on the front, and the text of a MANLAW would appear on the back (see poll at Disdads.com, choosing which MANLAW to print).

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. scott2997

scott2997 DIS Dad #543 Northern Ohio

I'll take an XL Aaron!

4. theduck619

theduck619 DIS Dad #188

Aaron, do we have an idea how the shirts run in size? Sometimes an XL is closer to a L.

5. AJRitz

AJRitz DIS DAD #420

I sent an inquiry to my contact, should hear back tomorrow. I would work on the assumption until we hear differently that they run a bit small, as that seems to be the default these days.

6. GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes

GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes Never mind the Kool-Aid…Don’t drink the Beverly!

Count me in. 1 XL please (better too big then too small)

7. twokids0204

twokids0204 DIS Dad #561

I'll take an XXL - ummmm... same reason... yeah, that's it.

Please let me know how much before ordering, as it is being sent to
    [​IMG]

8. theduck619

theduck619 DIS Dad #188

It's from all of those ADR's in Canada :lmao:

9. AJRitz

AJRitz DIS DAD #420

Looks like I can ship to Canada for an extra $6.
    Prices for this first run are a bit higher than I would prefer, but the per-shirt cost doesn't drop until we order 60.

10. twokids0204

twokids0204 DIS Dad #561

Amen...

OK, count me in. :thumbsup2

Only 60 - there are almost 700 of us... we can do it. ;)

11. twokids0204

twokids0204 DIS Dad #561

I like the idea of

"Off topic since... " on the back

or something like....

"Join us at DISDads.com to find out the REAL meaning of Peanut Butter and Beverly"

12. twokids0204

twokids0204 DIS Dad #561

And just a thought - what if we went with a BLACK shirt...

Still have to do only 1 stencil for the screen print - but it would be for the RED colour.

I am just thinking of the washing of it - and trying to explain to my wife why all the clothes turned pink, and then the red fades into a manly DISdad's pink...

13. AJRitz

AJRitz DIS DAD #420

I considered a black shirt, and it's a possibility. My experience, though, is that printing the yellow and red right next to each other could be problematic. If the screens aren't aligned perfectly we'd end up with an orange "halo" around the letters. So I've been planning a red shirt with black and yellow printing.

Don't worry, once we have this first set done, we'll have a professional-quality graphic that we can put on all kinds of shirts, mugs, bags, etc.

14. BigTex71

BigTex71 DIS Dad #536...... Fort Worth, Texas

Put me down for a 2X (XXL)

15. 10dedfish

10dedfish XBOX: Mattisamus

I'll take an XL!:cool1:

Matt

16. Captain_Oblivious

Captain_Oblivious DIS Dad #257

I'm definitely interested. Normally I'd wear a Large, unless their sizes run small for some reason.

17. AJRitz

AJRitz DIS DAD #420

I'm exploring one last issue/idea with the vendor, and I still hope to get an order submitted today. At ths point, I'm planning to place an initial order for 30 shirts, with the following size distribution:
    5 L; 12 XL; 8 XXL; 5 XXXL

If know that at least three of the XXXL shirts are already spoken for, and I'm following up with the vendor on the request for an XLT. Once the shirts are ready for order, orders will be fulfilled on a first-come, first-served basis. I will try to keep an updated tally of how many shirts of each size are still available on the Shirt Order page of the disdads.com site.

18. AJRitz

AJRitz DIS DAD #420

OK - a last-minute stroke of inspiration this morning, one last round of Emails with the vendor, and I've sent the art to them for professional clean up and an initial order for 30 shirts.

I made an executive decision and altered the design somewhat.

On the front of the shirt, in the left-breast-pocket location, will be the banner that is currently at the top of the website (with the DISDads.com text on it). The logo image, in a circle with just the DISDads text on it, will be a large graphic on the back of the shirt.

I'll still have MANLAW shirts available for order eventually, but those will come from Zazzle and we'll do those after the graphcs are professional "improved."

I hope you like the new plan. You can go ahead and begin placing orders at http://disdads.com/dis-dads-shirt-order-form/t-shirt-orders

You do have to pay at the time you place your order. Orders will be processed in the order they're received. If I run out of your size before I get to you, you will be offered the choice of a refund or holding for the next run of shirts.

I'll add images of the shirt design as soon as I get proofs back from the vendor.

19. BigTex71

BigTex71 DIS Dad #536...... Fort Worth, Texas

Sounds like a good plan!

20. AJRitz

AJRitz DIS DAD #420

Oh - and to answer a question that someone asked somewhere (can't find the question itself or remember whether it was asked somewhere here on the boards, in Email, or on the disdads.com site) I did ask about the availability of XLT shirts. The vendor checked with three different suppliers, and none of them had XLT t-shirts available. Sorry.

21. DisneyDadC

DisneyDadC Dis Dad Member #187 Keep calm and Dole Whip

do they have any 2x talls?