• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

All New Atlantic Canada Thread....

Has anyone used the Howard Johnson Plaza Hotel or the Hampton Inn for a trip out of Portland, Maine and left their car there? If so where there any problems like the car being broken into etc?

We used the Holiday Inn Express before (it was dirty) and last fall the Marriot at Sable Oaks ( nice but has gotten pricy).

Thanks for the help!

I've used the other HoJo (about 3 times - for 2 weeks each time) and Embassy Suites (3 times - 2 week stays) and no problem there. This HoJo is substandard, but offers a great price (my wife hates it!) but the Embassy Suites is expensive, but offers a great room, get shuttle, breakfast (real breakfast).

No advice on places to avoid, but the weekend before, you should come to our GKTW Dis Meet here in Nova Scotia. Teresa and Kathy from the DIS are coming!!!!

Oh how I wish I could. I will be busy delivering my DD to camp that day in Rothesay. Good luck with the event. I love the podcast and listen all the time.

Bumping this up...and there's still time to get in on the DisMeet on August 11th! PM HockeyMomNS for tickets. Kathy and Teresa from the DisUnplugged will be with us and it's shaping up to be quite the party!

Has anyone used the Howard Johnson Plaza Hotel or the Hampton Inn for a trip out of Portland, Maine and left their car there? If so where there any problems like the car being broken into etc?

We used the Holiday Inn Express before (it was dirty) and last fall the Marriot at Sable Oaks ( nice but has gotten pricy).

Thanks for the help!

We have stayed at the Hampton Inn three times and left our car there. Never any problems.

Does anyone have a vacation home they have stayed in and can recommend? In the Orlando, Kissimee or Davenport area? Thanks. :)

Hi,just discoevered this thread,I am from NL and DH,DD(22) and I are heading to WDW sept 2013 for the third time,seems so far away now.

We stayed at Lighthouse Key Resort (All Star Vacation Homes)In sept 2011 and it was awesome.It is only a few mins from WDW and is a manned and gated.

We stayed in a 3 bed/3 bath HA condo even had a Laundry room with full size washer and dryer and a private patio.

http://www.allstarvacationhomes.com/lighthouse-key-resort.asp

There is a small deli/restaurant on site with a small section of toilitries and basic food items,they even do room service to your condo.They also have a pool and clubhouse which has an arcade,mini theatre and business center on site.

The resort also has free shuttle to WDW.We stayed 10 nights and included a rental car option with our condo,it was around 2400.00 after a 150.00 discount code from ALL Ears,was well worth it and being able to buy groceries and cook some meals ourselves was a time and money saver.We had a year to pay using their easy pay option.

Can't say enough good things about this place.

We will be staying on property in 2013 at AOA as we want to compare for ourselves the cost and feel of both on and off property.We went a few years ago and stayed at a vacation home in Clairmont? was very nice as well,we shared with another family and had lots of room and privacy but was a longer drive to the park about 15-20 mins.

Enjoy Your WDW vacation!!

Hi,just discoevered this thread,I am from NL and DH,DD(22) and I are heading to WDW sept 2013 for the third time,seems so far away now.

We stayed at Lighthouse Key Resort (All Star Vacation Homes)In sept 2011 and it was awesome.It is only a few mins from WDW and is a manned and gated.

We stayed in a 3 bed/3 bath HA condo even had a Laundry room with full size washer and dryer and a private patio.

http://www.allstarvacationhomes.com/lighthouse-key-resort.asp

There is a small deli/restaurant on site with a small section of toilitries and basic food items,they even do room service to your condo.They also have a pool and clubhouse which has an arcade,mini theatre and business center on site.

The resort also has free shuttle to WDW.We stayed 10 nights and included a rental car option with our condo,it was around 2400.00 after a 150.00 discount code from ALL Ears,was well worth it and being able to buy groceries and cook some meals ourselves was a time and money saver.We had a year to pay using their easy pay option.

Can't say enough good things about this place.

We will be staying on property in 2013 at AOA as we want to compare for ourselves the cost and feel of both on and off property.We went a few years ago and stayed at a vacation home in Clairmont? was very nice as well,we shared with another family and had lots of room and privacy but was a longer drive to the park about 15-20 mins.

Enjoy Your WDW vacation!!

I'm from NL as well, heading to Orlando in May 2013!

So..with Southwest's new schedule coming out Monday, it's time to think about March Break!
We usually drive to Boston but thinking about SWA from manchester this year if the price is right.
Anyone flown from both airports and have an opinion?
Any thoughts on Southwest?
How small is Manchester?
The reason we don't use Bangor is if there's a problem with a plane, there usually isn't another one to use! And we're going on a cruise and don't want to miss the boat! :)
Mapquest says Manchester a little nearer than Boston and Southwest has direct flights. And i'm assuming parking will be cheaper in Manchester. Looking like a good option but any opinions welcome :goodvibes
Thanks

So..with Southwest's new schedule coming out Monday, it's time to think about March Break!
We usually drive to Boston but thinking about SWA from manchester this year if the price is right.
Anyone flown from both airports and have an opinion?
Any thoughts on Southwest?
How small is Manchester?
The reason we don't use Bangor is if there's a problem with a plane, there usually isn't another one to use! And we're going on a cruise and don't want to miss the boat! :)
Mapquest says Manchester a little nearer than Boston and Southwest has direct flights. And i'm assuming parking will be cheaper in Manchester. Looking like a good option but any opinions welcome :goodvibes
Thanks

We're cruising too for March Break :cool1:
Hoping flights from Halifax come down, but interested to see what AirTran, Jet Blue & Southwest are like. We've done the drive and fly out of Boston twice..it's not too bad and will do that if all else fails. I'd like Portland as well, although Boston flights are direct and I too am worried about weather. Does anyone know what Halifax's prices were like for this past March? We did Jamaica so I didn't pay attention :( I'd be content with $450-500. Is that realistic?

We're cruising too for March Break :cool1:
Hoping flights from Halifax come down, but interested to see what AirTran, Jet Blue & Southwest are like. We've done the drive and fly out of Boston twice..it's not too bad and will do that if all else fails. I'd like Portland as well, although Boston flights are direct and I too am worried about weather. Does anyone know what Halifax's prices were like for this past March? We did Jamaica so I didn't pay attention :( I'd be content with $450-500. Is that realistic?

:wave2: hello fellow cruiser! Which cruise you takin'?

Portland is another option for us too.

Not sure what the March break prices from Halifax were this year. Just way too much for us! It's those darn taxes! Being in NB we are nearer the border and the drive is no problem.
Also I agree it's the weather. I don't mind Halifax if we're doing a regular holiday. For a cruise I'd rather be in the states incase there's a problem. I feel being near a big centre like Boston or NY we have more options for changing our plans if our airline has a problem. We cruised this March break too and it was piece of mind to be at Boston, and partly on our way! We also had enough time to drive the whole way if we really needed to!

Looks like no Dis meet for us :( We need to be in Halifax in August 14 for our DD's pediatric opthamologist appointment.

You can come to our Meet on the 11th. I have two tickets that became available today. Under 9 are no charge.

btw which doc???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter