What did you think of Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland

• Loved it!!!!!

• Ehhhhh it was Ok

• Not a fan

• Haven't seen it yet, but are planning to

• No intrest on seeing it

• Tim Burton movies are not my thing!

Results are only viewable after voting.
I saw it twice hoping to have it grow on me...but it didn't. I like most other Tim Burton movies and this one was just a bit too dark. I did like some of the characters but it scared my nephew and was just too different from the original animated version that I couldn't appreciate it. I think Disney needed to have a movie that appealed to a different clientele and they accomplished that.

I like Tim Burton personally. i thought he did a good job with Alice because i thought the origional book was rather dark for a childrens book and i think Burton captured it whilst still leaving a kind of disney style to the movie.

obviously the origional alice was amazing and had the giant blue catapilar that used the pipe i still love that character. :hippie:

after thinking about it, I think Tim Burton is at his very best when he ventures into new territory.
Ed Wood, Edward Scissorhands, Beetle Juice, Pee-wee's Big Adventure, Nightmare Before Christmas were all a lot of fun, and something we'd never seen before.

Where he seems to fall short (in my opinion) is when he "re-imagines" something that's already part of the cultural lexicon. Alice in Wonderland, Sweeney Todd, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Planet of the Apes, Mars Attacks!, (and even) Batman all fall short. The only exception is "Sleepy Hollow" (again, just my opinion).

The first time I saw it I was all ehh it was okay, but when I watched it a second time I started loving this film, while it definitely not for little kids,it was suprisingly good, its a good action packed sequel to the orginal film.

For my opinion, It was brilliant movie and I think everyone enjoyed this movie when it was released...Awesome movie and Johnny Depp do good job in it. Whole animation was perfect for me..............

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter