What did you think of Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland

• Loved it!!!!!

• Ehhhhh it was Ok

• Not a fan

• Haven't seen it yet, but are planning to

• No intrest on seeing it

• Tim Burton movies are not my thing!

Results are only viewable after voting.
I liked it for what it was. Although, I think (and this is just my personal opinion) Burton would have made it better had he put Johnny Depp as the captain of the ship Alice sailed off in at the end of the movie. Now that would have been brilliant!

hahaha, that would have been great.....a little surprise visit from Capt. Jack Sparrow!

Saw the Burton version, and while I was underwhelmed I'm glad to have seen it. I'll stick with the animated version which remains one of my all time fave Disney flicks. :earsboy:

I can't really compare the animated version to Burton's film - I enjoy both for different reasons and they pull from different stories so I think they actually complement each other well.

Wanted to post this video about all the women in the film - both Queens and Alice. Don't you just love how the Red Queen (Helena Bonham Carter) wonders why anyone would mind that she terrorizes the kingdom?

I thought it was a really good movie in it's own right, but could never replace the love I have for the original. I am really glad that it was just a continuation of the story instead of just a newer version. Depp's performance was disappointing though. More and more his "character" roles are becoming just slight variations of one another (and I love me some
Johnny). Sigh.

I saw Alice in both 2D and 3D. I didn't think the 3D added anything to the experience for me. The only effect I thought the 3D enhanced was the Cheshire Cat, who was my favorite character in the film.

Overall, I liked the film and think Tim Burton captured the magic and mayhem of Lewis Caroll's Wonderland/Underland. I'd be interested in seeing him go back and do a version of the original story since I was intrigued by the brief flashbacks of Alice when she remembers her first visit as a child.

The only things I didn't like was the dance the Mad Hatter did at the end and the accompanying dance music. It seemed as if the scene was an afterthought and was just dropped in and it took me right out of the film. Also, I didn't enjoy the song by Avril Lavigne (spelling?) during the closing credits. It sounded to me as if she was sitting on a pointy stick while she recorded it.

I am looking forward to when it comes out on Blu Ray.

Just an FYI, Tim Burton just announced his next Disney Adventure!!!!!!!!

Are you ready?????????

Sleeping Beauty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yep, Tim Burton has indeed signed on to do the live action/CGI remake of Sleeping Beauty!!!!!!!! That was a pretty dark movie if I remember, its been a long time since i've seen it.

I read it's about Malificient and will be similar to "Wicked" in that it'll be the story of the misunderstood fairy from Sleeping Beauty.

I liked the movie, but it felt like it was missing something. Like it could have been better. I guess I went into it thinking it was going to be extremely trippy and crazy, but it really wasnt. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory was trippier...LOL! Nonetheless, I will most likely buy it on DVD and maybe it'll grow on me more once I watch it again.

I am still a little bit underwhelmed by the movie. I felt that it lacked substance. Of course, in the interest of full disclosure, I did see it at the end of a 19 hour day at Epcot then MK. I will definitely have to watch it again when I am more energetic and less likely to be as critical of it. One thing that I did notice about the film was that the basic idea followed some of what went on in a book written in 2006 called The Looking Glass Wars. I know that they are dissimilar in many ways, but the resemblance is striking.

I thought it was a great film Johnny Depp was brilliant off course it would have been much better had they thought about putting Johnny on the ship a surprise at the end of the movie what do you think?

Well, I really loved Alice in Wonderland. The movie has fantastic combination of computer animation, live actors and presentation of 3-D works wonders in the world come to life in a way never seen before. The interaction between computer and live action characters is perfect, and the impression that you have a picture after another similar graph with respect to the movie.

It's one of the best movie. I love to watch it again and again.. It's really superb..!!

The original Alice in Wonderland is my favorite movie, so I was really excited about this one. I went to see it the weekend it came out in IMAX. I didn't like it. I found nothing memorable about it. It was very pretty to look at. I thought that was extremely well done. But overall I just didn't like it. I think if they had done the original story it could have been incredible. Oh, and I LOVE Johnny Depp, but I didn't not like the hatter. I HATED his look and he was just off. :confused3

I liked it, didn't LOVE it. I like Tim Burton and I liked the way this Alice looked. I really hated the random part where the Mad Hatter breaks out into a dance though. It didn't fit with the movie at all and was really strange

Alice in Wonderland has always been one of of my favorite Disney movies so naturally I was SUPER excited that they were doing a remake!! I really enjoyed it but I DO think it could have been better. I still own it though. :-)

I would vote for the original movie, much more classy; besides seeing Dep as the Mad Hatter wasnt what I expected.

An amusing film with impressive visual design. I think that critics of the time softens and Alice Burton is a classic. Bandersnatch and Futterwackens not resist. , Despite the stunning visuals and superb performances Alice in Wonderland really never goes anywhere. Or rather he go somewhere, we've all been before.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter