Alcoholic beverage suggestions.

hurleysweety said:
Can anyone recommend a drink they've had with grand mariner?

Well, there was that wonderful night the mariner and I enjoyed at the GCH bar, but I promised not to tell. . .

:)

Well, there was that wonderful night the mariner and I enjoyed at the GCH bar, but I promised not to tell. . .

:)

Oh gcatt you are so droll. That post was good for a giggle. Re Grand Marnier the liqueur, I think it is best when imbibed fairly simply. I like it straight up or on the rocks or as a Grand Marnier/tonic or as liqueur added to coffee.

Gotta agree with whomever said Napa Rose, best cocktails on property. Last Word is a great drink, but the bartenders will wow you more than you think. Give them persmission to make whatever. The Bum's Rush is not on the menu, but you'll be asking for a 2nd.

Also, the tequilla daisy at Carthay is superb.

Lastly, Trader Sam's as everyone has basically said, is a great spot.

My dad is in law enforcement, so this is something I asked him about (also, google is my friend!)--there is nothing illegal about bringing sealed bottles of wine (or any other alcohol) over state lines as long as it is for personal consumption (so not massive quanities!) and out of reach of the driver. <<snip>>
:smokin:...like if it's within arms-length the driver might be SO tempted to break it open at a stoplight.

The OP is specifically referring to transporting liquor across state lines into Utah, which IS illegal per Utah state law.

ETA: More info if you're interested: http://publicsafety.utah.gov/investigations/AE_FAQ.html#import

I heard that technically it's a violation of tax laws, although there doesn't seem to be any means to pay taxes. Everything is taxed through the state as the only legal importer of alcoholic beverages into the state.

There are only a few means for the average citizen to bring alcohol into Utah without violating those laws. There's the federal limit of duty free alcohol brought directly into Utah from a foreign trip. Clearing customs in Los Angeles and then transiting to Utah doesn't count. Then there's inheriting alcoholic beverages, although I hear that requires state approval.

That doesn't mean it doesn't happen. i've heard of certain federal employees in Utah who regularly brought in beer from across state lines. They were subject to their own federal law enforcement when they got back to their posts, and let's just say they weren't terribly interested in enforcing Utah's laws on importing alcohol.

JalenJade said:
Does Napa Rose have a bar that you can just go to?

Yes, they have a lounge area. We've actually eaten dinner there and rather enjoyed it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter