Alaskan Adventures on the Wonder! June 3,2013-FE info post #61!

We got our GTY assignments today!! We had to book 2 rooms for our family and knew that we would probably be split up but we got rooms right next door to each other!! :banana:

Funny thing is that we got connecting staterooms, but they don't connect to each other. Bummer, but still exciting!!

Now the cruise feels even more real to me!

No one on the DIS happened to get rooms 2071 or 2077 did they? It would be amazing if we could swap a room with them, we are willing to compensate for your trouble...

Hi,

My husband and I are also booked on this cruise. We are DVC members and are also very excited. My husband is an avid fisherman and has been talking to charter boat captains in Ketchikan regarding a private salmon charter (half day). He needs two additional people to make up a charter. If anyone is interested, please let me know.

Linda

Hi,

My husband and I are also booked on this cruise. We are DVC members and are also very excited. My husband is an avid fisherman and has been talking to charter boat captains in Ketchikan regarding a private salmon charter (half day). He needs two additional people to make up a charter. If anyone is interested, please let me know.

Linda

Hi Linda, my husband and myself are doing the Beiring Sea in Ketchikan. Hope you find more people. Just wanted to let you know about a private event that we, this Disboards group have planned called Glacier Gathering. This is a Champagne tasting that will most likely held on June 9 sea day between 2-3pm in the Sessions Lounge. Price will be $20 per person. We are lucky the price for this event has increased to $30 pp but DCLquoted me less. Cut off for signing up is by April 30. If you would like to attend and are traveling with others that would like to attend please contact me. Email TetraultMS@aol.com Thanks Michelle

Don't know how to attach a picture here but I got the Roaming Mickey Magnet! Picture posted on the Facebook page. He travels from Dis door to Dis door getting autographs from you along the way. How many of us can he visit? Sign up here and see? If you already have, make sure I know your stateroom number!

Hi everyone!! We just changed our dates and are officially booked on this cruise! It will be myself, my Dh and our best friends (no kiddo's!). We are so excited!

Hi everyone!! We just changed our dates and are officially booked on this cruise! It will be myself, my Dh and our best friends (no kiddo's!). We are so excited!

Hi see my above message about the Glacier Gathering Event. Let me know if you would like to attend. Thanks Michelle

Hi everyone I update the FB last night. For those who only visit this site here is the newest information. This is a Private Champagne Tasting Event. Everyone attending will receive a token remembrance from my husband and myself. Plan to also wear your crazy, favorite, colorful, etc. hat. An additional gift will be awarded to the best one. We have many attending it will be a great way to finally meet everyone after all our posts on FB and Disboards. We still have space. Pass the word along. Hope to hear from you soon. Refer to page #1. Thanks Michelle

Don't know how to attach a picture here but I got the Roaming Mickey Magnet! Picture posted on the Facebook page. He travels from Dis door to Dis door getting autographs from you along the way. How many of us can he visit? Sign up here and see? If you already have, make sure I know your stateroom number!

That's a cute idea! Our stateroom is 6078 :goodvibes

Also, I'm sure most of us have received it, but I got another "your cruise is coming up" Email from DCL, and I was surprised to see the heavy promos for pirate night included--even though there are no pirate nights this year for Alaska! You would think this would be the perfect opportunity to tell folks, hey, guess what? We're having the Pixar Party instead. Not that I really care--I'm glad for something different and pirates in Alaska make no sense, but I know some guests will be ticked to show up to Alaska with pirate gear and pirates on their mind only to be disappointed. I don't understand why DCL hasn't announced anything yet.

We are so looking forward to this cruise! The purpose of my post is to ask if anyone here is a Vinylmation trader? I have a few that I'd love to trade (Robin Hood, Mowgli, Basil of Baker Street, Chernabog and Mortimer to name a few). Anyone Vinylmation traders interested? (We've also requested to join the FB closed group...) Thanks!;)

Are we planning any meet and greets in addition to the champagne tasting?

Yes! Let's plan a meet for 3:00 in the Promenade Lounge on sailaway day. :cool1:

If you plan to participate in the FE, PLEASE attend or send someone from your group. Most cruises I have been on have had at least one family change cabins- either they got pixie dusted, something was wrong with the original cabin, or they upgraded at the port. This way we can update any changes without that family having to run around to every cabin leaving notes that they have moved. (Can you tell I had to do this before? :rotfl:)

Hi everyone I update the FB last night. For those who only visit this site here is the newest information. This is a Private Champagne Tasting Event. Everyone attending will receive a token remembrance from my husband and myself. Plan to also wear your crazy, favorite, colorful, etc. hat. An additional gift will be awarded to the best one. We have many attending it will be a great way to finally meet everyone after all our posts on FB and Disboards. We still have space. Pass the word along. Hope to hear from you soon. Refer to page #1. Thanks Michelle

Hi everyone. Just got off the phone with DCL because we had a few cancelations this weekend. We are now under the 25 minimum guest that is required. If anyone was considering joining this event please contact me. I do not have to contact DCL until May 3. We hope that we do not have to cancel. This is most likely the lest expensive event on this ship LOL. I am sure they were not willing to work with me because they are already committed to honoring the decreased rate of $20 pp. We are so looking forward to meeting everyone. Thanks Michelle and Mark

Yes! Let's plan a meet for 3:00 in the Promenade Lounge on sailaway day. :cool1:

If you plan to participate in the FE, PLEASE attend or send someone from your group. Most cruises I have been on have had at least one family change cabins- either they got pixie dusted, something was wrong with the original cabin, or they upgraded at the port. This way we can update any changes without that family having to run around to every cabin leaving notes that they have moved. (Can you tell I had to do this before? :rotfl:)

Hi can you also post something on your door for anyone to update that first day onboard for any changes just in case they cannot meet at 3pm. Anyone participating in FE can check your door later that evening. I would hate for anyone not receive FE gifts.

I finally booked my pre-cruise hotel stay. Managed to snag the Sutton Place. Travelocity had it for at least one night at under $200. Problem is, it's listed as a king room and we have 3 adults. Worst case scenario, I'm sure we can get a roll away.

I really wanted to stay at the Pan Pacific, but I cannot justify paying over $400 for one night in a hotel room. For 2 nights would have cost us almost as much as a 3 night Dream cruise!

Last thing I need to book is the post-cruise stay. I'm looking at the Sandman resort near the airport that has the free shuttle.

Hi can you also post something on your door for anyone to update that first day onboard for any changes just in case they cannot meet at 3pm. Anyone participating in FE can check your door later that evening. I would hate for anyone not receive FE gifts.

But then if there is a change, everyone has to come by my door just to check. It could be a family that didn't attend is one that had a change. It's a lot easier if they just send someone to the meet. Once the cruise gets going it's hard to find time to go do stuff like that!

And yes, the last time I upgraded I ran around and gave notes to all the cabins that didn't attend the meet. At least one didn't see it and delivered to my old cabin, who kept the gifts. :sad1: Oh well!

Trying to find out who might be going on the Alaska Cruise on the Wonder on July 15 - 7 night cruise? Want to prepare FE and need info......:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter