Alabama DVCers? -- Got 15?

So what is everyones home resort? I have 180 points at SSR which I bought in 2006. I bought there because that was what Disney was selling at the time. I still haven't stayed there, not that I don't like the resort I think it is beautiful, but I like the Epcot resort area so much. We stayed at the Yacht Club three years in a row before buying and fell in love with that area. Had I known I could have bought BWV or BC, I probably would have.

I hope to do an add on at some point, but it is not currently in the cards. I'll probably do a resale, maybe BWV. I might though just buy more points at SSR though, so far I've been able to get pretty much whatever I want and I'll be much more flexible with travel dates in the coming years as we approach becoming empty-nesters.:scared1: The lower maintenance fees at SSR are a big plus.

If any of you haven't been, Vero Beach is a beautiful resort and a great change of pace if you need a WDW break and/or a year without buying park passes! We stayed there this past June and had a great time, we'll probably do the same this June and hope for a BWV stay next October for F&W Festival.

Here is a link to photos from our Vero Beach trip. We stayed offsite in Orlando Saturday night before driving to Vero on Sunday. My DD's BF had never been to Orlando before so we went to the BW for dinner and strolled around to give him a taste and then went to DTD Sunday morning before heading to the beach.

http://www.bobcrispphotography.com/Travel/Crisp-Prestrdige-Vero-trip/8550477_xo8MD#563164360_FEWbt

So what is everyones home resort?

We became members buying into SSR for the same reason but have since added 50 BCV points via resale (to get the 11 month booking window for BCV since DDs b-day falls within spring break) and added on at BLT recently during the free cruise offer. Of course, now that we've stayed at BLT, we don't want to stay anywhere else since we spend so much time at MK with a 3 year old.

Mobile is home for us. We own 600 points at AKL and love it. We have used points for DW trips, Viva Italia by ABD, HHI, and are looking forward to early Dec. at the World!:cool1:Oh, and WAR EAGLE

We bought 100 points resale at BWV in January 2006.

Dh and I don't have kids and can travel anytime.

Its really more than enough for us.

We might would have gone through Disney, but we really wanted a small contract. Once we felt comfortable sending a chunk of change to a company on the internet -- we bought.

We are in Chelsea, so Hwy 280 to Phenix City, then the 80 bypass N of Columbus to I-85 (avoids all Phenix City/Columbus traffic lights), pick 280 back up, go to Albany, then 82 to Tifton, then hit 75 all the way to the Turnpike, then Western Way or I-4 depending on where we are going...

We are from Montgomery. We have 290 pts at BLT. Leaving in a little over 30 days for our first trip to BLT. We did use some of our developer points in July at SSR.

We tried this way from Montgomery this summer and really liked it. We had to go to Auburn to pick up my son. But, actually, I think we made better time than going through Dothan to 1-10. It always takes a long time to get thru Dothan.

Can't wait for November!!:banana:

For you people who live way up north in Alabama, the Florence, Muscle Shoals area and fly to WDW-which airport do you use? And how long does it take to get to that airport? Or does everyone from that part of Alabama still always drive, even though it's over 10 hours?

For you people who live way up north in Alabama, the Florence, Muscle Shoals area and fly to WDW-which airport do you use? And how long does it take to get to that airport? Or does everyone from that part of Alabama still always drive, even though it's over 10 hours?

We live is HSV and still usually drive. When we fly, it's usually out of BHM or Nashville since Southwest has better fares and fly direct. HSV lost its direct Delta flights earlier this year. They were great!

Has your DH taken his trip to the Shoals yet? How did he like it?

We live is HSV and still usually drive. When we fly, it's usually out of BHM or Nashville since Southwest has better fares and fly direct. HSV lost its direct Delta flights earlier this year. They were great!

I have friends that used to take that HSV flight, and yes I was very jealous. We've driven up to Atlanta to fly from Montgomery, but its really not practical.

Has your DH taken his trip to the Shoals yet? How did he like it?

Yes, and he loved it. But then, in all honesty, I don't think he's met an Alabama golf course he didn't love. He's talked a lot since he came back about how he loved the Shoals, and Timberline in Calera, and Cider Ridge in Oxford. Previously it's been Capitol Hill in Montgomery (I think), Silver Lakes, Auburn-Opelika, one in Hoover-gosh, you people from Alabama have so many wonderful golf courses.

We have 310 points at SSR. Initially, we bought 200 in 2007, then on our Eastern Caribbean cruise that we took in 2008, we added on 110 more at SSR. I guess that we are a bit odd in that we don't really care which resort we stay at, as long as we are on property.

So far, we have stayed at OKW twice (big rooms - low points), SSR for a night after our cruise, the Disneyland Hotel (awesome!), and did a 7-night cruise on the Magic. We go back in March for Spring Break at THV!

Oh, and once again...

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

We are in Montgomery and we own 200 points at BCV. We really love BCV and the Epcot Resorts Area, but also love the ability to stay at the other DVC resorts. Have stayed at most of them, and they all feel like coming home.

We really love DCL, and always stay in DVC resorts before or after a cruise, even if it is just for the night.

We always drive, it is only about 8 hours from here.

We're in Huntsville and we were extremely disappointed when they took away that direct flight. Airfare is so expensive out of HSV, but we'd rather pay it and fly than drive. HSV is "hopefully" supposed to be getting a low cost carrier in probably early next year. They've applied for a gov't grant to help them get one and they're supposed to find out in Dec. if they got the grant. Cross your fingers that we finally get a low cost option here.

We're in Huntsville and we were extremely disappointed when they took away that direct flight. Airfare is so expensive out of HSV, but we'd rather pay it and fly than drive. HSV is "hopefully" supposed to be getting a low cost carrier in probably early next year. They've applied for a gov't grant to help them get one and they're supposed to find out in Dec. if they got the grant. Cross your fingers that we finally get a low cost option here.

Hi Emily! Good to see another HSVer here!

We too are hoping the low fare carrier materializes and hope it will be better serving that Allegiant who only flew a couple days per week and into Sanford.

PJ

We are in Montgomery and we own 200 points at BCV. We really love BCV and the Epcot Resorts Area, but also love the ability to stay at the other DVC resorts. Have stayed at most of them, and they all feel like coming home.

We really love DCL, and always stay in DVC resorts before or after a cruise, even if it is just for the night.

We always drive, it is only about 8 hours from here.

Hey Mickey! How are you? I saw you on the sidelines of the Bama-Ole Miss game, at least I think it was you! Hope you and yours are doing well..Bob

My sister lives in Tuscumbia and, like everyone else we have been very disappointed in the fares out of HSV, especially given that nome of them are direct now! For our trip next month, they're flying out of BHM. It's worth the extra hour of driving time to save $400 and have a direct flight on a "big" plane, not a regional jet.

My sister is a bit of a nervous nelly though since she's never flown out of BHM. Anyone have any tips I can pass along?

My sister is a bit of a nervous nelly though since she's never flown out of BHM. Anyone have any tips I can pass along?

BHM is really pretty easy as it's not that big of an airport. If she checks in online, make sure she notes which terminal she is in (A through E I believe) so she can park close to where she needs to be.

Hi Emily! Food to see another HSVer here!

We too are hoping the low fare carrier materializes and hope it will be better serving that Allegiant who only flew a couple days per week and into Sanford.

PJ

Hi PJ. I know what you mean. We never even got the chance to fly Allegiant, but I never really heard anything good about them. I wouldn't count on it being SW either b/c unless they've changed their policy they don't put SW terminals within (I believe) 200 miles of each other. That's why both Nashville and BHM have SW, but we don't.

My sister lives in Tuscumbia and, like everyone else we have been very disappointed in the fares out of HSV, especially given that nome of them are direct now! For our trip next month, they're flying out of BHM. It's worth the extra hour of driving time to save $400 and have a direct flight on a "big" plane, not a regional jet.

It's been several years since we've flown out of BHM, but it's no different than flying from MCO from what I remember. As with any airport just allow yourself plenty of time, it's better to be super early than to be running to the gate or late.

Hi PJ. I know what you mean. We never even got the chance to fly Allegiant, but I never really heard anything good about them. I wouldn't count on it being SW either b/c unless they've changed their policy they don't put SW terminals within (I believe) 200 miles of each other. That's why both Nashville and BHM have SW, but we don't.

Was hoping maybe Jet Blue. If I remember correctly, Air Tran has already tried HSV and didn't last either.

Was hoping maybe Jet Blue. If I remember correctly, Air Tran has already tried HSV and didn't last either.

Jet Blue would be nice!!! But didn't we have Jet Blue for awhile also?

I remember Air Tran. $99 to Orlando. It was the 1st time we flew to Orlando after driving for many years. And even though airfare has gone up astronomically, we still haven't gone back to driving.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter