Alabama DVCers? -- Got 15?

I didn't want to open up the Alabama/Auburn deal but since it has been, DW and I are both from North Alabama (Bear Creek and Walnut Grove respectfully) and are both Bama fans from our diaper days. That being said, my degree is from AUM and DW is almost ABD in her PhD program at Auburn. Doesn't matter, though, because we both still bleed crmson and white.

ROLL TIDE !!

:cool1: :surfweb:

Hello fellow Alabamians, Alabamites, etc...

Originally from the New Orleans area, and now from Mobile!!!
PS: Pre-Katrina transplants!

Still I must say: GO LSU!!!!

Glad to see all the folks from al!! :jumping1: party:

Ala is definitely growing - only one area is still in trouble the black belt. but you say you wanted changing seasons - so further north would be your best bid.

birmingham use to change but lately it is either spring or summer - fall and winter have not been around here lately...

I am going in Sept. My brother's family lives in Ga and they have a fall break, Sept 18-22. Staying mostly offsite (pet allowed timeshare) but one night staying at BWV....for EMH of course!

My brother is for Bama, I went to UAB - but my father went to Auburn.... how about I can't choose.... :rolleyes1

I would rather be at WDW than any football game. :cheer2: :dogdance:

I honestly didn't know that I would be opening a can of worms!! My whole family are Alabama fans, so I do pull for the Crimson Tide if they aren't playing Auburn. It's all in good fun anyway!!!

I am from the Florence/Killen area!! Anybody else from that area?

I'm still a 'Bama girl at heart! I was born & raised in Ft. Payne, in NE Alabama. I spent 4 years in Huntsville where I graduated from UAH. Then, I spent 4 years in Birmingham while DH went to med school at UAB. Ft. Payne is a great little town, but I loved Huntsville! Parts of B'ham are nice, but I hated the traffic there! It often took me over an hour to go 15 miles to work! Sometimes longer coming back, if there were accidents on the interstate.

I've lived in East Tennessee for 8 years now. Being in "Big Orange Country" is difficult for a Bama fan, but I have formed a small support group ;)

We are renting points to stay at BCV for the first time this fall. I'm really hoping that staying in deluxe accommodations for such a great price will convince DH that we should really look into becoming members ourselves!!

I'm from Oxford, Al. and have just joined in the last couple of weeks. Can't wait for my first trip as a DVC'er.

Born and raised and still reside in Mobile.
Joining DVC first week of next month.
No complaints about the area if you plan on moving to L.A. ( lower Alabama)

Welcome Home!!! all your new DVCers

Congratulations!!!

may you love it until 2042 or 2054 (depending upon where you own). :bounce: party: :welcome: :jumping2: :dogdance: :butterfly :cat:

spiceycat said:
I would rather be at WDW than any football game.

I Absolutely Agree spiceycat! I'm not much of a football fan myself, which is funny because I attend several UA and AU games every season. Like you said I rather be at WDW!
:banana:

Hey, Y'all! We are, of course, Auburn people. (But we like other people, too! ;) )

Our DVC home is BWV. (Our next trip, though, will be a visit to VWL. Hope it's not too quiet over there!)

Julie

Here's a question from Mrs. Mickey's Apprentice:

So, do you mostly fly or drive?

DH (Mickey's Apprentice) would really like to fly but Montgomery doesn't have a direct flight. It seems like a layover in Atlanta or the drive to Birmingham makes it not worth the money to fly.

A big Hello to the folks in Florence. I grew up as one of the weekend invaders to The Shoals from podunk (small surrounding towns), and still consider the UNA campus my second home. GO LIONS!!

princess: :surfweb:

bamagirl@hrt said:
I'm still a 'Bama girl at heart! I spent 4 years in Huntsville where I graduated from UAH.

Whoa! I got my first degree from UAH too! I'll be a student at Bama starting in the fall for my graduate work but my blood runs orange and blue - I live life on the edge! :rotfl:

Nice to see so many Alabamians showing up here on the Dis!

:cheer2: :Pinkbounc

Well we always drive. We leave Bham at 8:30 pm drive to Tallahasee rest and take our time on in getting there around 9am or so. :cool1:

I didn't know I had so many DVC neighbors!

Although we are actually FL residents (military family) we reside in Huntsville.

Nice to meet all of you!

Oh, and we're Kansas State fans!!

Kristen

P.S. Simba's Mom -- I sent you a PM with a link about Huntsville.

Mickey'sApprentice said:
Here's a question from Mrs. Mickey's Apprentice:

So, do you mostly fly or drive?
:

We usually drive. Here's the kicker: we drive NORTH to Chattanooga and then head south through Atlanta. Yep. It's quicker. Go figure. :confused3

Kristen

I like to drive - can do in 9 to 12 hours...

but this time I am flying... couldn't exist the $49 tickets on SW....

I like to drive at night - so I leave here between 3 and 4 am (central time)- and arrive there between 3 pm and 5 pm (eastern time). I try to get there at 4pm - check in time.....

spiceycat said:
I like to drive at night - so I leave here between 3 and 4 am (central time)- and arrive there between 3 pm and 5 pm (eastern time). I try to get there at 4pm - check in time.....

I don't necessarily like to drive at night but we left about 4am this last trip and with all of the stops that we had to make for the young ones, we got to WDW about 7pm and it wasn't too bad - we'll most likely repeat this as I hated the previous trip where we drove the trip in two days - blech - made it seem like forever until we got to WDW!!!!

:wave:

Tadamom and Mickey's Apprentice:

I'm originally from Bham now live in Oxford, but graduated from UNA in 1985. I miss bbq sandwiches from Southern BBQ with the hot slaw on them, sandwiches and ice cream from Trowbridges and steaks from Dale's Steak House..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter