AKV smell?

photobob

DIS Veteran
My friends are staying at AKV in Kadani this June and are concerned about animal smell. Anyone have trouble with a stinky stay?

It's Kidani, not Kadini. Kadini sounds like the name of a magician. :)

I've never had a problem at Kidani or Jambo.

They "are concerned about animal smell." Are they actually smelling animals?

We stayed the first week in sept. Was hot but did not smell at all. My dd has very sensitive smell and she didn't notice anything

Been there many times and was never offended by any animal smells....it's not the county petting zoo so they should be A-OK!

This is the original reason why Walt designed animatronic pirates rather than employ real ones for the Pirates of the Caribean Ride.

Have been there several times now. There is no smell. Some believe, therefore, that the animals are really animatronic. It is either that or Disney has invented something to give to animals to prevent them and anything they leave behind from smelling.

My friend is rather sensitive to smells so she'll be glad to hear these reports...regardless of the spelling regarding the smelling!:)

Funny you asked. DH is sensitive to smell and didnt like Animal Kingdom due to that and has it in his mind that AKL would be the same.

We havent been there but I am planning to do ADR in Boma to prove him wrong. I would like for us to stay there someday so DS can enjoy the savannah view and pool.

Let me know how they make out. :goodvibes

Have been there several times now. There is no smell. Some believe, therefore, that the animals are really animatronic. It is either that or Disney has invented something to give to animals to prevent them and anything they leave behind from smelling.
All kidding aside, you're talking about a handful of animals per acre...so you shouldn't expect any odor. This is not a Long Island duck farm, for goodness sake.

There is no animal smell what so ever! the only thing I ever smell in the last 5 years of visits is the pool!!

The only thing that you can smell is the great cooking at Sanaa. The savanna does not smell at all. they literally clean it every morning. This is Disney. I think that your friends will love Kidani.

When we were there mid morning there were workers out with the animals "cleaning up" I do not know how often but I was impressed! No smell

Have stayed there at least 4 times and never a smell and my husband has a very sensitive nose ...so if it was there, he would have known.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter