AKV or BLT

monicainindy

Mouseketeer
Just got our code to login to DVC for the first time :banana:

Lucky us, we have an early spring break at school and have our choice for the 4 days we want...so we are tempted to snatch a Theme Park View studio at BLT since it is available. Thorn between that and a savannah view at our home resort, AKV.

Just got our code to login to DVC for the first time :banana:

Lucky us, we have an early spring break at school and have our choice for the 4 days we want...so we are tempted to snatch a Theme Park View studio at BLT since it is available. Thorn between that and a savannah view at our home resort, AKV.

I take savannah view anytime I can get it.

Larry

If BLT is available snag that to try it out... a lot of times of the year it's hard to get!!!

It's really what you want. All any poster here can give is there own preference or opinion and usually valid reasons for their choice. Bottom line is you can't go wrong with either.

If we stay at BLT we will hold off on renting a car until our last day (we are driving to visit my DH's parents in Ocala)... are there rental places near the resort?

There are car rental places at the car care place in WDW. You can arrange for them to pick you up and take you there to rent a car. We found it very easy when we used it on our last trip.

Both will be great, but if your home is AKV you will have plenty of opportunity to reserve that one at 11 months easily and may not be able to book BLT at 7months. I think BLT theme park view may be harder to get… so based on that I'd take BLT. I do LOVE AKV safari view tho.

Congrats!! :cool1:

We had the same dilemna a few weeks ago after we got our code ...

We could have gotten an SSR Treehouse for the first night and then switched ... I thought that would have been a fun thing to do! How many chances would we get to stay in a treehouse??? But -
::yes::

The DW thought we should stay at our home resort for our first DVC trip ... so AKV-Kidani 1BR Savannah view it is ... :thumbsup2

Either way, it's a win-win situation ... :woohoo:

We ended up at BLT Lake View, the Park view was not available one of the nights and I didn't want to move. I am going to call DVC today and see if they can wait list us for a park view room.

Will do another trip where we focus on AK and Universal, will stay at AKV then. This time around we are splitting our time btw MK and Epcot.

If you will be mostly at MK and EPCOT, then I think your choice was a good one. For our last trip, we couldn't decide between them and did a split stay! 5 nights AKL and 7 nights BLT. I also agree with a PP who noted that if AKV is your home resort, you will have plenty of opportunities to book that at 11 mos. when you really want it; BLT is smaller and you'll be at 7 mos. so may be harder to get. Have fun planning!!

IMHO, a theme park view is not worth the point premium at BLT. Perhaps for a a shorter stay, it wouldn't matter so much, but then again, when we go for shorter stays, we find we spend even less time in our rooms.

I agree with the PP that the theme park view is not worth the extra points. We did lake/bay view, and it was beautiful. There are tons of places to go to watch the fireworks (walkway, by elevators, etc.). Much of the park view is of the parking lot, especially if you have a lower floor.

I enjoyed watching the pool area and all of the birds on the island across the bay (old bird attraction/habitat). Walking to MK was also a nice perk.

Good luck! Our next trip is Kidani...wanted BLT but wasn't available. Love the animals and resort.

Thanks everyone! I am trying to figure out when we can swing another trip....so much hinges on the 2014 cruise schedule and whether or not DCL will go to Alaska then.

With all due respect to AKL, which is just beautiful, with great restaurants, it's just not convenient unless you rent your car right away. It's so far from everything you will get bus-itis. You even need the bus to get to AK. BLT is walkable to MK, on the monorail, so Epcot is a breeze....it's just not a contest. Wishes alone is a reason to go BLT, so you can walk back and avoid the crowds at the bus depot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter