AKV - Kidani Village Units Declared*UPDATED 1/26 - Post#130*

New units were declared 12/11/08 - Phases 101, 102, 103, 104 and 105 - the remainder of the 4th floor, south of the lobby. (22 units - 8 Ded 2BR, 10 2BR LO, 4 GV)

Here are the totals for Kidani so far, based on the units declared through 12/11:

Dedicated 2BR -
Declared 54 (38 SV / 16 STD including 1 HA STD)
Planned 140
Remaining 86

2BR Lockoff -
Declared 72 (37 SV / 35 STD including 2 HA SV / 2 HA STD)
Planned 168
Remaining 96

Grand Villa -
Declared 8 (8 SV including 1 HA)
Planned 16
Remaining 8

Total -
Declared 134 (83 SV / 51 STD)
Planned 324
Remaining 190

The split for the different views is now 62% SV / 38% STD

Note that all 6 Handicap Accessible villas declared so far are located in the same building (Phase 64/80/96) with 1 SV 2BR LO and 1 STD 2BR LO on the 2nd floor, 1 STD 2BR LO on the 3rd floor, 1 SV 2BR LO and 1 STD Dedicated 2BR on the 4th floor, and 1 SV Grand Villa on the 4th/5th floor.

4th floor plan updated with new declarations.

Kidani4thfloor1222-1.jpg

3rd floor.

Kidani3rdFloor.jpg

2nd floor.

Kidani2ndFloor.jpg

Lisa do you know if they are planning to have the Kidani pool area open this summer?

Lisa do you know if they are planning to have the Kidani pool area open this summer?
I haven't seen anything official from Disney about when the Kidani pool or restaurant will be open. The first rooms open on May 1st so I expect they hope to have the pool open in time for the first guests but they don't want to promise us in case of construction delays.

I am sure this has been asked before and is slightly OT but will the 2 bedroom lockoffs have have only one double bed in the studio bit (I guess the answer is yes - right?). That being the case, can we request a dedicated 2 bedroom if this works better for our party?

Thanks Lisa. I hope they will have the pool opened for at least the majority of the summer. I would hate to think of all those extra guests using the one pool at the lodge.

I would have loved to book there this summer when I am bringing my older kids & granddaughter along with us but was just to afraid of a delay with the pool situation.

I am sure this has been asked before and is slightly OT but will the 2 bedroom lockoffs have have only one double bed in the studio bit (I guess the answer is yes - right?). That being the case, can we request a dedicated 2 bedroom if this works better for our party?
A 2BR lockoff is really a 1BR plus a studio. Studios have a queen bed and a full-size sleeper sofa and a kitchenette. There will also be an outside entrance into the studio. A dedicated 2BR will have two queen beds in the 2nd bedroom and no kitchenette and no doorway out to the hallway. They are separate booking categories so if you want two real beds in the 2nd bedroom, book a dedicated 2BR.

Just an FYI: at BCV, some of the dedicated 2BRs have a sleeper sofa instead of a second bed in the 2nd bedroom so for that resort you have to ask for a dedicated 2BR with 2 queen beds. I think BCV is the only resort with that issue. I believe for the other DVC resorts, every dedicated 2BR will have two queen beds in the 2nd bedroom.

We made a ressie for a 2bdrm at Kidiani for next August and member services told us that Kidani has no dedicated 2bdrms. Were we told wrong? We'd rather have a dedicated one since only our 4 yr. old DD will be the only one sleeping in the other bedroom. Thanks!

I talked to a DVC rep who said the pool and dining options would be open when the resort opens.

I have a question about units being Declared? Does that mean they are 100% done... like move in condition? Or just done enough (like no decorating)

We made a ressie for a 2bdrm at Kidiani for next August and member services told us that Kidani has no dedicated 2bdrms. Were we told wrong? We'd rather have a dedicated one since only our 4 yr. old DD will be the only one sleeping in the other bedroom. Thanks!
Kidani will have dedicated 2BRs. Jambo House has only lockoffs. According to the first post in this thread there will be 140 dedicated 2BRs in Kidani. If you look on page 5 of this thread, TSMIII has posted an update on the number of each room type that has been declared as of Dec 11, 2008. Of those 140 dedicated 2BRs, 54 have already been declared. Either the MS CM was incorrect about the dedicated 2BRs or maybe he/she meant there were none available on your travel dates. You could try wait listing for a dedicated 2B if that is what you would prefer.

I have a question about units being Declared? Does that mean they are 100% done... like move in condition? Or just done enough (like no decorating)
There may be some legal requirements about how far along they are with construction of the building as a whole, but I don't think there are similar milestones for the units being declared. In Jambo House, units were being declared in Feb 2007 that had occupancy dates of Sep 1, 2007 so they were in the initial stages of construction of those units at the time they were declared. I saw one or two of those units a couple of months after they were declared and they were nothing but a hollow concrete shell! The hotel rooms that had occupied that space had been demolished and everything had been stripped to the bare concrete walls with the plumbing and wiring exposed.

Kidani will have dedicated 2BRs. Jambo House has only lockoffs. According to the first post in this thread there will be 140 dedicated 2BRs in Kidani. If you look on page 5 of this thread, TSMIII has posted an update on the number of each room type that has been declared as of Dec 11, 2008. Of those 140 dedicated 2BRs, 54 have already been declared. Either the MS CM was incorrect about the dedicated 2BRs or maybe he/she meant there were none available on your travel dates. You could try wait listing for a dedicated 2B if that is what you would prefer.

There may be some legal requirements about how far along they are with construction of the building as a whole, but I don't think there are similar milestones for the units being declared. In Jambo House, units were being declared in Feb 2007 that had occupancy dates of Sep 1, 2007 so they were in the initial stages of construction of those units at the time they were declared. I saw one or two of those units a couple of months after they were declared and they were nothing but a hollow concrete shell! The hotel rooms that had occupied that space had been demolished and everything had been stripped to the bare concrete walls with the plumbing and wiring exposed.

WOW! This thread is awesome. I just found it and it is a great source of info so I am bumping it for others to see too. :) Thank you! R

WOW! This thread is awesome. I just found it and it is a great source of info so I am bumping it for others to see too. :) Thank you! R

Thanks for bumping this....:goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes
It is exactly the info. I have been wanting to know...:)

And thanks to those who put it together...:flower3:

was on the phone to MS last night booking kadani for aug,i asked about resturnt and pool,was informed both will open in may when it opens proper
Paulh

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter