AKV - Kidani Village Units Declared*UPDATED 1/26 - Post#130*

I copied the floor plan for Unit 64 from the first post so that those who are interested can see how the HA rooms are set up. Both 64A and 64B consist of two 2BR lockoffs. The 2BR L/O on the right is HA.

Master Bathrooms: In the non-HA bathroom, the toilet is enclosed, the vanity is wider and the shower stall is longer with a sitting area at the back. In the HA bathroom, the the toilet is not enclosed, the vanity is narrowe and the shower stall does not have the seat at the back but there appears to be a fold-down seat in one of the rear corners.

Master Bedrooms: The balcony door in the HA room opens out, the non-HA room has a sliding door.

Kitchen: The kitchen in the HA room is L-shaped, the washer/dryer is across from the kitchen and the connecting door to the studio is across from the 2nd bathroom. In the non-HA room, the kitchen is U-shaped, the washer/dryer is across from the 2nd bathroom and the connecting door is closer to the across from the kitchen.

Studio: In the HA studio, the connecting door is in the entry way before the kitchenette, the toilet is not enclosed, the vanity is narrower and there is a roll-in shower in this particular HA studio (some have a tub) and the door to the balcony opens out. In the non-HA studio, the connecting door is after the kitchenette, the toilet is in a small enclosed space, the vanity is wider and there is a tub and there is a sliding door out to the balcony.

Kidani64.jpg

Thanks for setting me straight, LisaS!! :thumbsup2

DW and I are really getting excited about the new building, can't wait to see the GV's start showing up on the plans!!!

Thanks for setting me straight, LisaS!! :thumbsup2
I just think it's great we have access to these floor plans so we can figure all these things out. I also think it's great that TSMIII is publishing the floor plans in this thread. I wish it had occurred to me to do that for Jambo House as we went along.

DW and I are really getting excited about the new building, can't wait to see the GV's start showing up on the plans!!!
Same here!

If you're interested, here are the totals for Kidani so far based on the diagram in Post #36 above:

Dedicated 2BR -
Declared 40 (30 SV / 10 STD)
Planned 140
Remaining 100

2BR Lockoff -
Declared 48 (25 SV / 23 STD including 1 HA SV / 2 HA STD)
Planned 168
Remaining 120

Grand Villa -
Declared 0
Planned 16
Remaining 16

Total -
Declared 88 (55 SV / 33 STD)
Planned 324
Remaining 236

Currently the split for the different views is 62.5% SV / 37.5% STD

Note that all 3 Handicap Accessible 2BR LOs declared so far are located in the same building (Phase 64/80) with 1 SV and 1 STD on the 2nd floor, and the other STD on the 3rd floor.

Thanks for all of the hard work putting this together. I can't wait to call on Aug 10 and try my luck!

Those are probably HA rooms. The kitchen in one of the 2BR villas in Unit 80B is L-shaped rather than U-shaped. The balcony door in the master bedroom of that villa opens out which indicates that is an HA 1BR. One of the easiest ways to spot the HA rooms on the floor plans is to look at the balcony doors. If you see a balcony door that swings out, that is an HA room.

ETA: The shower stall in the master bathroom in that 1BR looks different as well with what looks like an outline of a fold-down chair and no seating area at the back of the shower.

The studio in that 2BR L/O is also HA -- it has a roll-in shower instead of a tub and a "swinging" balcony door rather than a slider.

I "confirmed' that's the case. The units with L shaped Kitchens are the HA units.

You're absolutely, 100% right.

I "confirmed' that's the case. The units with L shaped Kitchens are the HA units.

You're absolutely, 100% right.
I've found the quickest way to spot the HA rooms when you are scanning the floor plans is to look at the balcony doors. If they open out, it's an HA room. That's been the case with all of the Jambo House floor plans I've looked at and seems to be the case with Kidani as well.

Yes, more units have been declared as of 9/16/08.

Here's what is already declared on the 2nd floor:

Kidani2ndFloor.jpg

Here are units already declared on the 3rd floor:

Kidani3rdFloor.jpg

And here are the units declared on the 16th--the first declarations with Grand Villas!!!

Kidani4thfloor923-1.jpg

If you're interested, here are the totals for Kidani so far, based on the diagram in Post #50 above:

Dedicated 2BR -
Declared 46 (33 SV / 13 STD including 1 HA STD)
Planned 140
Remaining 94

2BR Lockoff -
Declared 62 (30 SV / 32 STD including 2 HA SV / 2 HA STD)
Planned 168
Remaining 106

Grand Villa -
Declared 4 (4 SV including 1 HA)
Planned 16
Remaining 12

Total -
Declared 112 (67 SV / 45 STD)
Planned 324
Remaining 212

Currently the split for the different views is 60% SV / 40% STD

Note that all 6 Handicap Accessible villas declared so far are located in the same building (Phase 64/80/96) with 1 SV 2BR LO and 1 STD 2BR LO on the 2nd floor, 1 STD 2BR LO on the 3rd floor, 1 SV 2BR LO and 1 STD Dedicated 2BR on the 4th floor, and 1 SV Grand Villa on the 4th/5th floor.

Thanks for the updated list. It seems like it is moving along well. Anyone have any idea what the progress is on the pool and water play area?

With the most recent units declared, floor plans for all villa types are now represented.

Dedicated 2BR (96E) & 2BR Lockoff (96F)

Kidani962BR.jpg

Handicap Accessible 2BR Lockoff (96C) & Handicap Accessible Dedicated 2BR (96D)

Kidani962BRHA.jpg

Two Story Grand Villa (99A)

Kidani99GV.jpg

Handicap Accessible Two Story Grand Villa (96A)

Kidani96GVHA.jpg

Thanks for posting these new floor plans!

It looks like the washer and dryer in the GVs are under the stairs.

I like how detailed these plans are. You can see which HA rooms have showers with fold-down seats.

I just got off the phone with MS booking a two bedroomm Sav. view for Sept 25 to Oct 4th:cool1:

She asked me if I knew about the construction:confused3 I said I thought most of it would be fully completed by Sept and she said it could linger on until the end of the year?

Any updates on the pool area? I last heard this would be completed by Sept 09?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!