Disney's ANIMAL KINGDOM LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are photos of the lockers by the pool at Jambo House. Photos taken March 2015. Sorry I didn't look for lockers at Kidani.

Thank you so much for this info.

Now that my trip is over I wanted to report back about my findings on weather there are lockers at the Kidani Pool. YES there are lockers at the Kidani pool. They are located by restroom. The cost is $1

I'm so sorry to ask this, because I know it's probably been asked a thousand times... I own at OKW and know that thread has the same questions over and over... I promised I have searched for the answer with no luck!

We're staying at Kidani in a standard, dedicated two bedroom (the one with two queen beds). I'm having a hard time finding info on this. Is the room layout the same as the lockoff, just has two beds instead of a couch & bed? Also, where are these rooms located? I'm searching All Ears room locator and just don't have the time to go through every single room. in the end, I'm trying to figure out what to request for online check in. I've heard some people get pixied dusted and upgraded to savannah, which would be amazing, this is my family's first trip together - fiance & stepkids and my daughter, and their first trip to Disney World, ever. Like everyone else, we'd love to not have a view of the parking lot.

So, any ideas of requests? Upper/Lower Floor, Near Transportation, Near Elevator, Near Lobby (Is this loud? I think you stay here to be closer to the pool?), Pembe or Sunset Savannah (is this an option for standard view??).

I don't think close to transportation matters too much, we have a car. We do have a child in a wheelchair and my Mom in an ECV, but since they aren't walking themselves I would rather have a fabulous view for them then be close to transportation. If I can't see animals, a pool view (or close to pool for the kids) would be nice.

I'm pretty confused. This AKL newbie some help from AK experts!

I just got back from Kidani and my room was a studio and I moved to a 2 bedroom lock off the next day- so sorry can't answer your question about a 2 bedroom dedicated room. Anyway my studio room was (room #7214) close to the lobby and it was a wonderful location. The giraffes were so close to the balcony I felt like I could reach out and touch them. The location was not noisy all. Close to everything including the buses, ice machine, laundry, elevator. It was the perfect room for me.
The next day I moved to a two bedroom lock -off (room #7534 on the 5th floor AKA the top floor) when my family arrived. We had a savanna view . When my family got back from DHS they were so tired but really wanted to see some fireworks. Well they did not have to go very far since we could see them from our balcony. This room was a good hike from the lobby. If you can switch your reservation to a savanna view it is well worth it.

Last edited:
My TA just dropped off CD's to my desk at work that have the lobby tracks for AKL.
I've come to the conclusion I may ugly cry when we arrive:sad::faint::rotfl:

For those asking about the ETA monitors at Jambo, I just checked out less than 24 hours ago and there were no monitors at the bus stop.

We LOVED everything about the resort and it was our first deluxe stay. We all agreed it will be difficult to go anywhere else in the future.

For those asking about the ETA monitors at Jambo, I just checked out less than 24 hours ago and there were no monitors at the bus stop.

We LOVED everything about the resort and it was our first deluxe stay. We all agreed it will be difficult to go anywhere else in the future.
Thanks for the update! Too bad about the monitors. It seems odd to have at one stop and not the other.

I have a question about room requests. I have a 'standard view' room booked at Jambo. After looking at the standard room views on the Touring Plans website, it looks like if I request a Kudu trail room, I might still get a fairly decent view. If at all possible, I'd like to avoid seeing the parking lot or a rooftop. My question is if I made a room request of just Kudu trail, does anyone know if the room assigners will know what that means? I've read all about the room request text details on the Touring plans website, but I'm not sure I want to get that specific.

I have a question about room requests. I have a 'standard view' room booked at Jambo. After looking at the standard room views on the Touring Plans website, it looks like if I request a Kudu trail room, I might still get a fairly decent view. If at all possible, I'd like to avoid seeing the parking lot or a rooftop. My question is if I made a room request of just Kudu trail, does anyone know if the room assigners will know what that means? I've read all about the room request text details on the Touring plans website, but I'm not sure I want to get that specific.
We had a standard view studio our first 2 nights and I requested near the lobby. We ended up getting room 5209 which was a great location. It was right next to the bridge that goes over the lobby by the big window and the balcony faced what I guess was an "enclosure"? All I know is that we saw more animals from this "standard" room than we did the following 4 nights from our Savannah view...though both were great. I guess the non-DVC equivalents would be rooms 4209 and 3209? If you can get that area with your standard booking, I don't think you will be disappointed.

I just got back from Kidani and my room was a studio and I moved to a 2 bedroom lock off the next day- so sorry can't answer your question about a 2 bedroom dedicated room. Anyway my studio room was (room #7214) close to the lobby and it was a wonderful location. The giraffes were so close to the balcony I felt like I could reach out and touch them. The location was not noisy all. Close to everything including the buses, ice machine, laundry, elevator. It was the perfect room for me.
The next day I moved to a two bedroom lock -off (room #7534 on the 5th floor AKA the top floor) when my family arrived. We had a savanna view . When my family got back from DHS they were so tired but really wanted to see some fireworks. Well they did not have to go very far since we could see them from our balcony. This room was a good hike from the lobby. If you can switch your reservation to a savanna view it is well worth it.

Thank you for responding! I really wish I could switch to Savannah View but I had to use all my points plus borrow all I had to do 6 days in a 2 bedroom. We've got my two step kids and of course, my Mom and his Dad just have to come along! So 7 of us. I think I would have only been able to get 4 days in the Savannah View room so decided more family time together was more important than the view in this case.

It sounds like near the lobby was good, not too noisy, and close to things. Thank you!

Okay so I switched it up a little since I found a few extra bucks for the vacation budget. We now have a split stay! 3 nights AKL Jambo CL [July 13-16] and 2 nights Contemporary CL [16-18]. So super excited! AKL is my happy place, but DH really liked the look of CR. I think we will have an awesomely special trip!

Okay so I switched it up a little since I found a few extra bucks for the vacation budget. We now have a split stay! 3 nights AKL Jambo CL [July 13-16] and 2 nights Contemporary CL [16-18]. So super excited! AKL is my happy place, but DH really liked the look of CR. I think we will have an awesomely special trip!

AKL is my happy place too :) especially club level! Enjoy!!

Here is the latest list of everyone visiting in 2015 & 2016

If you have any updates please let me know...

June

think-like-tink, 15th – 25th, AKL

Susiec, 15th – 27th, AKL – DH 50th Bday

Coogz, 17th – 25th, AKL

Carissa1970, 21st – 26th, AKV

July

DisCatGirl, 4th – 11th, AKL CL

IceSkatingPrincess, 13th – 16th, AKL CL

Denamac, 20th -26th, Jambo CL

Octoberbaby, 23rd – Aug 2nd, Jambo House

OThopeful35, 28th – Aug 7th, AKL

August

Octoberbaby, Jul 23rd – 2nd, Jambo House

OThopeful35, Jul 28th – 7th, AKL

anjalee6, 2nd - 10th, AKL CL

MICKEY'S DREAMERS, 3rd – 13th, AKL

anjalee6, 10th – 13th, BC

ColinCodyMom, 10th – 14th, AKL

Ebonyeyes, 10th – 21st, AKV Kidani

DizDaD7, 15th – 18th, VB

Pandv_2000, 15th-29th, AKl CL

Drusilla, 18th – 24th, AKL

DizDaD7, 18th – 26th, BWV

amberjean15, 23rd – 30th, AKL

RachelTori, 23rd – 28th, AKL CL

NatalieMT, 24th – Sep 1st, AKL

DizDaD7, 26th – 28th, HH

September

Smhwalker2011, 5th – 11th, AKL

JESSketeet, 7th – 22nd, AKL

Tiriggs1, 13th – 18th, Jambo House

Sailored, 15th – 22nd, AKL

wdwphan, 18th - 21st, AKL

DaisyMom09, 19th – 26th, AKL

dolphingirl47, 22nd – Oct 1st, DCL

Kel102, 21st – 28th, AKL

luvthemouse71, 24th – Oct 4th, AKL

punkin413, 26th – Oct 3rd, AKL

stitchfan75, 26th – Oct 3rd, AKL

cuppie, 26th – Oct 3rd, AKL

lelesansan, 27th – Oct 2nd, AKL

October

luvthemouse71, Sep 24th – 4th, AKL

punkin413, Sep 26th – 3rd, AKL

stitchfan75, Sep 26th – 3rd, AKL

cuppie, Sep 26th – 3rd, AKL

lelesansan, Sep 27th – 2nd, AKL

beckykarstetter, Sep 30th – 3rd, AKL

dolphiongirl47, 1st – 5th, ASM

CatManDoo, 1st – 7th, Jambo House

I’mfarfaraway, 6th – 14th, Jambo House

dizneegirl71, 17th – 24th, Kidani

LJSquishy, 21st – 30th, AKL

RachelTori, 25th – 28th BC

PNO4TE, 25th – 30th, BLT

Wellesleyprincess, 28th – 31st, AKL

RachelTori, 28th – Nov 4th, CSR-Business Class

TeeterTots, 31st – Nov 3rd, AKL CL

Nascargirl0829, 31st – Nov 6th, AKL

Sarahbelle341, 31st – Nov 7th, AKL

November

RachelTori, Oct 28th – 4th, CSR-Business Class

PNO4TE, Oct 30th – 3rd, Coronado Springs

TeeterTots, Oct 31st – 3rd, AKL CL

Nascargirl0829, Oct 31st – 6th, AKL

Sarahbelle341, Oct 31st – 7th, AKL

brittbrat63, 5th – 9th, Kidani

Caldisneymomof2, 6th – 11th, AKL

brittbrat63, 9th – 11th, Jambo House

Busymommy2pink, 10th – 19th, AKL

Lacoccinelle, 11th – 18th, AKL

VeronicaBride, 13th – 18th, BCV

Rere101399, 14th – 20th, AKL

Huey578, 14th – 21st, AKL

DevonsDisneyMom, 14th – 22nd, AKL

shameless3, 17th – 20th, AKL

VeronicaBride, 18th -22nd, AKL

1buckeyegirl, 21st – 24th, AKL CL

YoCoLifSavr, 21st – 28th, Jambo House

1buckeyegirl, 24th Disney Magic

Jbausch, 25th – 28th, AKL

JenniferLea

December

Disneyfirsttimer10, 5th -12th, Jambo

Sndral, 2nd – 5th, Kidani

Sndral, 5th – 10th, Jambo House

Aladora, 9th -16th, AKV

KanataDad, 10th -12th, AKL

Stephaniesnyder, 12th – 18th, AKL

Lovinallthingsdisney, 13th – 23rd, AKL

Nuts4Dale, 20th – 27th, Jambo House

January

February

Lustergirl, 5th – 8th, AKL

March

April

MrsHammer, 9th – 15th, AKL

May

Hi everyone! My DH and I are going to WDW in November and if there's a good bounce back offer I'm thinking I might surprise my parents with a Christmas gift of a trip to AKL next year. My parents both have health issues, especially my dad, and one thing they always said they wish they had done was a safari. While their health won't allow them a trip to Africa, I thought this might be the next best thing! They have custody of a 15 year old and so I'm thinking she and I will hit the parks a few days and let them stay and enjoy the resort. I'm thinking we'll do CL (again, fingers crossed for a good BB offer) and then they can take their time getting up in the morning, head to the lounge to relax, maybe sit out and watch the animals, and then we'll all do a nice dinner somewhere. I think that will be a good pace for them.

My DH and I did AKL a few years back and loved our stay. We were on the zebra trail, maybe the 4th building down that wing, and on the 4th floor. We had a great view. We also had a king bed but I remember the room being small. With my dad's stroke (and difficulty turning over all night) my parents need a king bed. I haven't seen any king beds with bunk beds, which would be perfect and I'm guessing the daybed is too small for a 15 year old and grown woman to share. So I'm thinking we may need to get two rooms? Since the AKL rooms are small and my dad will also need an ECV, I don't think we'll have room for a rollaway and have any room left! I'd also like to get a roll-in shower so my dad doesn't have to step over the tub...does anyone know if there are seats in these type showers? From what I saw on TouringPlans, there is only one room on each floor that is a king bed/daybed set-up that has the roll in shower. That kind of surprised me. If we get that room I wonder if it has an adjoining door...I'm sounding quite picky aren't I!

If anyone has any thoughts I'd love to hear them!!

Here is the latest list of everyone visiting in 2015 & 2016

If you have any updates please let me know...

June

think-like-tink, 15th – 25th, AKL

Susiec, 15th – 27th, AKL – DH 50th Bday

Coogz, 17th – 25th, AKL

Carissa1970, 21st – 26th, AKV

July

DisCatGirl, 4th – 11th, AKL CL

IceSkatingPrincess, 13th – 16th, AKL CL

Denamac, 20th -26th, Jambo CL

Octoberbaby, 23rd – Aug 2nd, Jambo House

OThopeful35, 28th – Aug 7th, AKL

August

Octoberbaby, Jul 23rd – 2nd, Jambo House

OThopeful35, Jul 28th – 7th, AKL

anjalee6, 2nd - 10th, AKL CL

MICKEY'S DREAMERS, 3rd – 13th, AKL

anjalee6, 10th – 13th, BC

ColinCodyMom, 10th – 14th, AKL

Ebonyeyes, 10th – 21st, AKV Kidani

DizDaD7, 15th – 18th, VB

Pandv_2000, 15th-29th, AKl CL

Drusilla, 18th – 24th, AKL

DizDaD7, 18th – 26th, BWV

amberjean15, 23rd – 30th, AKL

RachelTori, 23rd – 28th, AKL CL

NatalieMT, 24th – Sep 1st, AKL

DizDaD7, 26th – 28th, HH

September

Smhwalker2011, 5th – 11th, AKL

JESSketeet, 7th – 22nd, AKL

Tiriggs1, 13th – 18th, Jambo House

Sailored, 15th – 22nd, AKL

wdwphan, 18th - 21st, AKL

DaisyMom09, 19th – 26th, AKL

dolphingirl47, 22nd – Oct 1st, DCL

Kel102, 21st – 28th, AKL

luvthemouse71, 24th – Oct 4th, AKL

punkin413, 26th – Oct 3rd, AKL

stitchfan75, 26th – Oct 3rd, AKL

cuppie, 26th – Oct 3rd, AKL

lelesansan, 27th – Oct 2nd, AKL

October

luvthemouse71, Sep 24th – 4th, AKL

punkin413, Sep 26th – 3rd, AKL

stitchfan75, Sep 26th – 3rd, AKL

cuppie, Sep 26th – 3rd, AKL

lelesansan, Sep 27th – 2nd, AKL

beckykarstetter, Sep 30th – 3rd, AKL

dolphiongirl47, 1st – 5th, ASM

CatManDoo, 1st – 7th, Jambo House

I’mfarfaraway, 6th – 14th, Jambo House

dizneegirl71, 17th – 24th, Kidani

LJSquishy, 21st – 30th, AKL

RachelTori, 25th – 28th BC

PNO4TE, 25th – 30th, BLT

Wellesleyprincess, 28th – 31st, AKL

RachelTori, 28th – Nov 4th, CSR-Business Class

TeeterTots, 31st – Nov 3rd, AKL CL

Nascargirl0829, 31st – Nov 6th, AKL

Sarahbelle341, 31st – Nov 7th, AKL

November

RachelTori, Oct 28th – 4th, CSR-Business Class

PNO4TE, Oct 30th – 3rd, Coronado Springs

TeeterTots, Oct 31st – 3rd, AKL CL

Nascargirl0829, Oct 31st – 6th, AKL

Sarahbelle341, Oct 31st – 7th, AKL

brittbrat63, 5th – 9th, Kidani

Caldisneymomof2, 6th – 11th, AKL

brittbrat63, 9th – 11th, Jambo House

Busymommy2pink, 10th – 19th, AKL

Lacoccinelle, 11th – 18th, AKL

VeronicaBride, 13th – 18th, BCV

Rere101399, 14th – 20th, AKL

Huey578, 14th – 21st, AKL

DevonsDisneyMom, 14th – 22nd, AKL

shameless3, 17th – 20th, AKL

VeronicaBride, 18th -22nd, AKL

1buckeyegirl, 21st – 24th, AKL CL

YoCoLifSavr, 21st – 28th, Jambo House

1buckeyegirl, 24th Disney Magic

Jbausch, 25th – 28th, AKL

JenniferLea

December

Disneyfirsttimer10, 5th -12th, Jambo

Sndral, 2nd – 5th, Kidani

Sndral, 5th – 10th, Jambo House

Aladora, 9th -16th, AKV

KanataDad, 10th -12th, AKL

Stephaniesnyder, 12th – 18th, AKL

Lovinallthingsdisney, 13th – 23rd, AKL

Nuts4Dale, 20th – 27th, Jambo House

January

February

Lustergirl, 5th – 8th, AKL

March

April

MrsHammer, 9th – 15th, AKL

May

What is this list for? Just people visiting AKL?
We are staying there August 7-16 of this year. First time for a deluxe resort too.

So, I'd love to hear some thoughts on both the Wanyama and Night safari. Any opinions would be great. My only hesitations on Wanyama are the July heat (maybe it would be better suited to a winter trip?) and the food (I like Jiko, but I'm not super adventurous). I'm leaning towards the night safari.

Hello! I am interested in the night safari also. Is this something they offer every night or is it on certain nights only? Thanks!

Hello! I am interested in the night safari also. Is this something they offer every night or is it on certain nights only? Thanks!

I don't remember if it's every night or not. To book it you call the Animal Kingdom Lodge Itinerary Planning Office at 407-938-4755. If you have questions about the tour, you can call them.

We just came back from the Poly and booked a bounce back for Dec 11-19 for AKL. While we enjoyed the Poly; it didn't have the WOW factor that AKL does and I can't wait to go back.

Leaving Saturday! We will be at Jambo House from June 20th thru the 30th. We have the Night Safari scheduled for Wednesday night! This will be our 6th stay at AKV, I am so excited!

19 more weeks today for me but who's counting :) I don't know how I'm going to make it that long?! Maybe a quick long weekend sometime this summer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter