AKL Tips??? 1st time staying here!! :)

DonoMoose

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone, this will be our first time staying at AKL. Does anyone have any tips on what we can do to enhance our stay? I don't want to go home & say ohhh noo I wish I would have known about (blank**).. All tips, suggestions are welcome. Thanks!:cool1:

are u staying at Jambo or Kidani?
and what type of room?
you can use the pools at both resorts, there is a van outside of both to take you to the other building. Kidani has a room with a pool table and stuff to do for the kids close to the lobby. We always have to eat at Boma at Jambo, the grills are at Kidani. My kids love to watch the nightly movies by the pool at the end of the day at Jambo house. You have to try the zebra snacks. You can also walk to the other building but we never do.

Unless the OP is a DVC member staying on points I don't think they can use the community hall at Kidani. :confused3 Maybe it is different there, but every other DVC resort we have stayed in they ask for a room key to use the equipment. OP, you will love AKL. Assuming you are staying at Jambo, you will be blown away by the lobby. All original African artwork, fireplaces inside and out with rocking chairs. African storytellers, a culinary tour at Boma, CM's outside of Boma do drum circles, cm's just outside the back lobby answering questions about the animals there....lots to do. You will get a schedule of events for the week when you check in. I think AKL Jambo is the perfect mix of stimulating and relaxing if that makes sense.

Night time viewing was excellent!! Go out to the observation rock and see them all at night. Also the talks about the animals from the experts. No point staying at AKL and not focussing on the animals! hehe.

ENJOY!

Also: You really should go to Sanaa... wonderful restaurant!

If you have kiddos traveling with you - they have different activities for them to participate in to earn *beads* - my kids loved this (animal tracking - BONGO (animal themed BINGO etc..) - You will receive an activities list when you check in with all the times.
The gift shop is one of the best on property - plan to spend some time there.
Be sure to check out the fire pit and animal viewing areas at night - you never know what might stroll up to the edge of the areas in the dark.:goodvibes

I hope you have time to enjoy the resort itself so much to see & do. We spent 2 half days at the report itself.

Kae

As a lot of WDW resorts do, AKL had a scavenger hunt list while we were there. You asked for the list at the front desk and it had clues that led you to different parts of the resort to find the answer. Our family spent a very fun afternoon doing this and really enjoyed it. We have done the hunts at other disney resorts, but remember this as one of our favorites. If they still have it, we recommend giving it a try. Enjoy your stay.

Hi everyone, this will be our first time staying at AKL. Does anyone have any tips on what we can do to enhance our stay? I don't want to go home & say ohhh noo I wish I would have known about (blank**).. All tips, suggestions are welcome. Thanks!:cool1:

Our first stay too. We will be arriving March 9 and can't wait. My DH and I will celebrate our anniversary mid week. :love:

First timers here reporting in! DD16 and I will be there March 1st -March 6th staying in Jambo house. Ate there at Boma years ago and was blown away by the lobby alone XD That was when I vowed we would stay there when the right package deal came along lol can't wait! =3

OP: Gave you several tips/ideas of things to do at AKL on your other thread with this same question. Be sure to check your first thread out. :goodvibes

OP: Gave you several tips/ideas of things to do at AKL on your other thread with this same question. Be sure to check your first thread out. :goodvibes

Hi sorry, when I first tried putting this up it just kept loading & loading so I thought it never went through.. I don't see another on this? Sorry new here, still figuring out all the posting and stuff :stir:

Hi sorry, when I first tried putting this up it just kept loading & loading so I thought it never went through.. I don't see another on this? Sorry new here, still figuring out all the posting and stuff :stir:

No worries at all!!! I wasn't meaning my comment to be snippy; I just wanted to ensure you checked your first thread.

When I saw your first thread, your post reminded me so much of how I felt when we were first going to stay at AKL for the first time and you mentioned how your kids adore animals, which my oldest does as well. We stayed there for the first time this summer, and we loved it, especially my girls. I got so excited for you!

My reply on the other thread was about the activities they have at AKL. It was a lengthy post, so I didn't want to rewrite it all here, which is the only reason why I said to be sure to check your other thread. Sorry if my comment came off wrong.

If you can't find your other thread, you can click on your name at the top where you sign in. Then you can click on statistics. From there you click on threads you've created or posts you've written. Click on threads. It will take you to all the threads you've made. You should be able to find your thread easily that way. I'm telling you all of this just so you'll know...not that I'm trying to be pushy for you to find that thread. These steps are easy ways to find threads you've made or posts to threads you've replied to that you want to go back and read to see others' replies, add to what you said, etc.

Hope you guys have a wonderful trip! AKL is amazing! :banana:

Our first stay here in a couple weeks. Pool view. So anxious. It looks so beautiful. Love all the info :)

All the best stuff has been mentioned. We love sitting around the firepit outside. Jambo has more chairs than Kidani. Make sure and find all the animal viewing areas, since you have a pool view. Some have comfortable rocking chairs. Glance through all the windows you pass that overlook the savannah, because you never know when/where the animals will be active. Watch early in the morning and also near dusk, if you can. The pickups that drive out on the savannah are usually dropping "browse" - snacks located near the lodge so animals can be seen. That's a wonderful time to see animals. Also, keep in mind that some different animals are available in difference savannahs and trails.

The stream that starts in the lobby goes down past the lounge, through the restaurant area and outside near the pool. Lastly, there's gorgeous African art and artifacts throughout the lodge. Make a point of seeing them. They all have good signage.

Have a wonderful time! Jambo!:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter