AKL Tips??? 1st time staying here!! :)

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by DonoMoose, Jan 31, 2013.

1. cleophus12

cleophus12 DIS Veteran

Favorite Wdw resort! Love akl.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. kgreen

kgreen Mouseketeer

AKL is my FAVORITE Resort!!! Like mentioned above... You will be blown away when you walk into the lobby! It's beautiful! Not sure which room you booked, we stayed in a room with a view of Arusha savanna. My favorite thing to do each morning while the family was still asleep, fill my mug with coffee & sit on the balcony. You get a front row seat while the sun comes up over the savanna, & the animals begin to move about! I miss that...::yes:: We explored the Resort, & every where you turn you will find something new & interesting! My sons had their face painted as an activity one night, & they thought they were real African warriors! lol Also there are raised prints on the floor in the lobby.. I must have walked right over them a hundred times never really thinking about them. One day, I watched my son & a cast member rubbing crayon on paper laying on one of the raised spots, & he had a few nice keepsakes of diffrent animals. They have movies under the stars, marshmallow roasting, & tell stories around the campfire in the evening. Swimming, night animal viewing.. like mentioned above you will get an activity calendar when you check in. We did Boma for supper, we loved it. I want to try their breakfast next visit. Make sure you take some time to play around at the Resort. Also if you didn't book a savanna view room, not to worry. They have excelent viewing areas to see the animals. Have fun!!!

4. gillenkl

gillenkl DIS Veteran

Only the people who can't pay their hotel bill get to see the lions....:rotfl2::rotfl2:

5. eeyoresmom

eeyoresmom Guest

:rotfl2:

6. mamabug70

mamabug70 Amy L

Have stayed at nearly every WDW resort... AKL is my favorite. We stayed at AKL Kidani 1BR with savannah view 2 years ago and my DH and I LOVED it! Then last year in October we stayed at AOA. It was nice, but no comparison to AKL. I love the breakfast they serve at Boma and the views are spectacular! I couldn't wait to get up every morning and go out on the balcony to see what animals would be there. So jealous! Have a great stay!

7. DonoMoose

DonoMoose Mouseketeer

Hi again, no I didn't take it wrong. I read your post & def wouldn't want to type it all over again. Thank you again, so helpful!! :goodvibes

8. EpicKevin

EpicKevin Rafiki's Main Mandrill

:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl: