AKL Tips??? 1st time staying here!! :)

AKL is my FAVORITE Resort!!! Like mentioned above... You will be blown away when you walk into the lobby! It's beautiful! Not sure which room you booked, we stayed in a room with a view of Arusha savanna. My favorite thing to do each morning while the family was still asleep, fill my mug with coffee & sit on the balcony. You get a front row seat while the sun comes up over the savanna, & the animals begin to move about! I miss that...::yes:: We explored the Resort, & every where you turn you will find something new & interesting! My sons had their face painted as an activity one night, & they thought they were real African warriors! lol Also there are raised prints on the floor in the lobby.. I must have walked right over them a hundred times never really thinking about them. One day, I watched my son & a cast member rubbing crayon on paper laying on one of the raised spots, & he had a few nice keepsakes of diffrent animals. They have movies under the stars, marshmallow roasting, & tell stories around the campfire in the evening. Swimming, night animal viewing.. like mentioned above you will get an activity calendar when you check in. We did Boma for supper, we loved it. I want to try their breakfast next visit. Make sure you take some time to play around at the Resort. Also if you didn't book a savanna view room, not to worry. They have excelent viewing areas to see the animals. Have fun!!!

Have stayed at nearly every WDW resort... AKL is my favorite. We stayed at AKL Kidani 1BR with savannah view 2 years ago and my DH and I LOVED it! Then last year in October we stayed at AOA. It was nice, but no comparison to AKL. I love the breakfast they serve at Boma and the views are spectacular! I couldn't wait to get up every morning and go out on the balcony to see what animals would be there. So jealous! Have a great stay!

No worries at all!!! I wasn't meaning my comment to be snippy; I just wanted to ensure you checked your first thread.

When I saw your first thread, your post reminded me so much of how I felt when we were first going to stay at AKL for the first time and you mentioned how your kids adore animals, which my oldest does as well. We stayed there for the first time this summer, and we loved it, especially my girls. I got so excited for you!

My reply on the other thread was about the activities they have at AKL. It was a lengthy post, so I didn't want to rewrite it all here, which is the only reason why I said to be sure to check your other thread. Sorry if my comment came off wrong.

If you can't find your other thread, you can click on your name at the top where you sign in. Then you can click on statistics. From there you click on threads you've created or posts you've written. Click on threads. It will take you to all the threads you've made. You should be able to find your thread easily that way. I'm telling you all of this just so you'll know...not that I'm trying to be pushy for you to find that thread. These steps are easy ways to find threads you've made or posts to threads you've replied to that you want to go back and read to see others' replies, add to what you said, etc.

Hope you guys have a wonderful trip! AKL is amazing! :banana:

Hi again, no I didn't take it wrong. I read your post & def wouldn't want to type it all over again. Thank you again, so helpful!! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter