• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

AKL or WL for surprise?

pixiedust:Congratulations on your engagement! Tough choice as those are my top two favorite resorts but given that you have never stayed at WL before that would definitely be my pick! Also my favorite Disney resort!

Thanks guys for the congratulations and all the advice! :)

I think I've settled on WL for this, since it seems to be so highly recommended and we haven't done that one before. I was leaning toward it, but you guys helped seal the deal. I am thinking of adding on a day or so, so perhaps I'll grab AKL for a night or two at the end of the trip. Best of both worlds!

I've stayed at both and although it was fine and a beautiful lobby, I did not enjoy Wilderness Lodge. I think I was put off most by the long hallways to our room. I know that is a vague reason.

I did ,however, really enjoy Animal Kingdom Lodge (and we were just in a standard room). The bus transportation was fine. I never once thought "this bus transport bites". Plus, AKL just has a more "fantasy" feel to it - that Disney Magic.

Of all the hotels I've stayed at on property, for me I rank them this way:

Polynesian (especially concierge, but that costs too much now)
Contemporary (ditto on concierge)
Animal Kingdom Lodge
Swan
Boardwalk
Yacht Club
Wilderness Lodge
Riverside

I would vote to stay at WL since you have never been there! Both places are beautiful but it would be something different and new for both of yall!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter