• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

AKL LITE II - We're #2, but we try harder....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remind me to tell ya'll about our night tonight.....

magic show....LIVE Zebra!! LOL

Hope you'll let me into your thread:hug:
I had to give up reading the Community forums , due to lack of time, but now I have more time (I just got laid off:headache: ) But before that unfortunate set of circumstances, I bought in to AKLV:yay: Will be staying there for the first time in May:goodvibes Luckily I am leaving for WDW in about 46 hours, otherwise I'd be very stressed right now..Looking forward to seeing pics and reading about AKL!

athenna, welcome to this thread!!

In the spirit of making the new thread look pretty, a few more pictures:

DSC03064.jpg

DSC03054.jpg

DSC03060.jpg

DSC02525.jpg

DSC02822.jpg

DSC02810.jpg

DSC02818.jpg

DSC02835.jpg

DSC02983.jpg

DSC03033.jpg

DSC02836.jpg

DSC02841.jpg

Oh, wow! We bought at AKL-Jambo this past summer. We booked at Kidani for June. After looking at these pictures, I don't know how often I'll really want to leave to go to the parks. I may just want to run between Jambo and Kidani.

I had to give up reading the Community forums , due to lack of time, but now I have more time (I just got laid off:headache: ) But before that unfortunate set of circumstances, I bought in to AKLV:yay: Will be staying there for the first time in May:goodvibes Luckily I am leaving for WDW in about 46 hours, otherwise I'd be very stressed right now..Looking forward to seeing pics and reading about AKL!

ALL are welcome here on the AKL Lite thread. :grouphug: Jambo to ya!!
OOOOO 46 hours until WDW.. Thats nice. If you happen to go to AKL (not sure if you're staying here) we'd love some Zebra domes (pictures of course).

Flossbolna, I ALWAYS love your pictures. :cloud9: As a matter of fact, all of the pictures are nice. I still can't figure out how to post. I have a photobucket account but can't figure out how to pick and choose which pictures to post. Someone please help me. My WL and AKL pictures are being held captive in my camera. :goodvibes

DS is working in Epcot and loving it.

So cool!!! :thumbsup2

WELCOME!!! Sorry to hear you were laid off, I hope something fantastic comes along quickly for you.

Enjoy your stay at WDW!

Oh, wow! We bought at AKL-Jambo this past summer. We booked at Kidani for June. After looking at these pictures, I don't know how often I'll really want to leave to go to the parks. I may just want to run between Jambo and Kidani.

Completely normal when you are staying at AKL! You just never want to leave! :goodvibes

Flossbolna, I ALWAYS love your pictures. :cloud9: As a matter of fact, all of the pictures are nice. I still can't figure out how to post. I have a photobucket account but can't figure out how to pick and choose which pictures to post. Someone please help me. My WL and AKL pictures are being held captive in my camera. :goodvibes

Do you have your pictures on photobucket?
If not, let me know...

If so...
Go to your photobucket account and go into "my albums"
Then you will see the little thumbnails of all your pictures. Below the thumbnails are four lines, one saying "Email & IM", "Direct Link", "HTML Code" and "IMG Code".

Click once in the box next to "IMG Code" and it will copy something to your computers clipboard (Much like if you copy and paste some text).

When you are on the DIS, when you reply or post to a message, you will see all the formatting tools where you can change the font color, size, bold, etc. There is a little button that is square and yellow. It looks like it has a mountain in it and a sun. Click on this button and a pop-up will appear. Delete the "http://" that is already pasted in the box and then either right click in the box and choose "Paste" or hold down your "Ctrl" button on your keyboard while hitting the "v" button (this is the shortcut for "Paste").

The text that you copied from photobucket, the text next to the "IMG Code" will paste into the box. This is the link to your picture. Click the "Ok" button, and it will show up on your DIS reply with
around it. Be sure to leave the

Then submit your post on the DIS and your picture should appear!

I hope that makes sense!!!!! :goodvibes

Hey everyone!! It will take me awhile to get caught up, but I wanted to say "Hi!" and post some pictures!

I had a wonderful week at WDW. :cloud9: I didn't stay at AKL/AKV this trip, but I did visit! :thumbsup2

Jambo House is looking beautiful. The scaffolding is coming down and they've re-opened the balconies by the elevators. These pictures were from 10/19 - I'll bet all the scaffolding and cranes are gone by now. :yay:

This sign was out back between the pool and the Mara:
019_19.jpg

020_20.jpg

022_22.jpg

026_26.jpg

045_45.jpg

And for my 4,000th post, these would be the "standard" view rooms you DON'T want to get :eek:
(they are along the walkway to the buses):

049_49.jpg

050_50.jpg

:rotfl2:

And for my 4,000th post, these would be the "standard" view rooms you DON'T want to get :eek:
(they are along the walkway to the buses)

:rotfl2:

Congrats on 4,000!! And those are the very reason I would never book a standard view room at AKL. :sad2:

Welcome back Laura!!!!!! Where did you stay this past trip?
Lovely pictures-thank you for sharing! And congratulations on your 4,000th post! :yay: I remember feeling pity for those staying at AKL along the walkway to the bus...imagine how noisy that could be. :sad2:

And, I have to say/complain....IT'S SNOWING HERE IN MINNESOTA!!!! :headache:

Thankfully I'll be at WDW in 13 days!

Hey there Elin & Brookelizabeth!

Florida is having a cold snap now - they're clear down to the 50's for lows!! :lmao: Delightful during the day - 70's! :cloud9: The weather was beautiful, except for Friday (10/24) - cloudy and drizzling off and on; but all the other days were GORGEOUS!

I did a bit of resort-hopping this trip! Pop/SSR/CSR. I had my car along and forgot how easy it is when you have a vehicle with you! And wouldn't you know it, even my SSR studio was ready at 9:00am!!! (when we've gone without a car, it's taken us until 4pm or later to get our room! :rotfl2: Murphy's law, right?!!!)

I can't even imagine how excited you are, brookelizabeth! Can you believe it's almost here already?!!! :yay:

And before you know it, Elin, your family will be enjoying a beautiful holiday at WDW!

The castle lights were on one night when I was there -- of course, I didn't hear about it until the next day so I still haven't seen the castle "iced"!! :rotfl2: The Osborne Lights are (mostly) up; looks like they only have a little work left to do.

Do you have your pictures on photobucket?
If not, let me know...

If so...
Go to your photobucket account and go into "my albums"
Then you will see the little thumbnails of all your pictures. Below the thumbnails are four lines, one saying "Email & IM", "Direct Link", "HTML Code" and "IMG Code".

Click once in the box next to "IMG Code" and it will copy something to your computers clipboard (Much like if you copy and paste some text).

When you are on the DIS, when you reply or post to a message, you will see all the formatting tools where you can change the font color, size, bold, etc. There is a little button that is square and yellow. It looks like it has a mountain in it and a sun. Click on this button and a pop-up will appear. Delete the "http://" that is already pasted in the box and then either right click in the box and choose "Paste" or hold down your "Ctrl" button on your keyboard while hitting the "v" button (this is the shortcut for "Paste").

The text that you copied from photobucket, the text next to the "IMG Code" will paste into the box. This is the link to your picture. Click the "Ok" button, and it will show up on your DIS reply with
around it. Be sure to leave the

Then submit your post on the DIS and your picture should appear!

I hope that makes sense!!!!! :goodvibes

Okay, I'm getting out the camera and having my DH walk through this with me. With any luck, we should have a few pictures up soon.
Thanks brookelizabeth

Hey there Elin & Brookelizabeth!

Florida is having a cold snap now - they're clear down to the 50's for lows!! :lmao: Delightful during the day - 70's! :cloud9: The weather was beautiful, except for Friday (10/24) - cloudy and drizzling off and on; but all the other days were GORGEOUS!

I did a bit of resort-hopping this trip! Pop/SSR/CSR. I had my car along and forgot how easy it is when you have a vehicle with you! And wouldn't you know it, even my SSR studio was ready at 9:00am!!! (when we've gone without a car, it's taken us until 4pm or later to get our room! :rotfl2: Murphy's law, right?!!!)

I can't even imagine how excited you are, brookelizabeth! Can you believe it's almost here already?!!! :yay:

And before you know it, Elin, your family will be enjoying a beautiful holiday at WDW!

The castle lights were on one night when I was there -- of course, I didn't hear about it until the next day so I still haven't seen the castle "iced"!! :rotfl2: The Osborne Lights are (mostly) up; looks like they only have a little work left to do.

Those temps sound wonderful! In 2006 in October it was fairly similar, I remember cool mornings and evenings, but perfect days. I hope we have similar weather in 13 DAYS when we arrive! And no, I can't believe it-we've been planning for soooooooo long!

That is neat to hear about the castle being iced! I supposed they do that for MVMCP? We aren't going to the party, but are going to MK on a non-party day, so hopefully we still get to see it iced.

I have heard a rumor the Osborne lights may start on the 11th...it's not advertised that way, but the rumor is floating around. I REALLY hope it's true, I would just love to see them!

Okay, I'm getting out the camera and having my DH walk through this with me. With any luck, we should have a few pictures up soon.
Thanks brookelizabeth

Yea! I look forward to them. :goodvibes Glad I could help a bit!

Those temps sound wonderful! In 2006 in October it was fairly similar, I remember cool mornings and evenings, but perfect days. I hope we have similar weather in 13 DAYS when we arrive! And no, I can't believe it-we've been planning for soooooooo long!

That is neat to hear about the castle being iced! I supposed they do that for MVMCP? We aren't going to the party, but are going to MK on a non-party day, so hopefully we still get to see it iced.

I have heard a rumor the Osborne lights may start on the 11th...it's not advertised that way, but the rumor is floating around. I REALLY hope it's true, I would just love to see them!

The castle is "iced" for the Holidays - they did it last Nov/Dec for the first time. I've yet to see it in person, only pictures. :sad1: Check out bradk's pictures from 2007 to see the iced castle: http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=21817039&postcount=1

Oh, I hope the Osborne Lights start early. I know so many people were disappointed to hear November 28th. For all the trouble to get those lights up, they might as well maximize the enjoyment! :thumbsup2

Stepdisney - hope to see some of your pictures soon! :yay:

Just had to let everyone know, how much I appreciate that this is a place filled with nice people!!! I just had a frightful experience at another forum. Brookelizabeth inspired me to sign up with Weight Watchers Online (again). Today I actually posted a question on their forum. The result was: 20 answers making fun of me and one real answer. This really is not motivating if you try to loose weight! I think I am just spoiled by the generally pretty friendly DIS Boards and especially the Jambo Bunch!! :lovestruc

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter