Akershus Change

Oh no! We did lunch at Akershus last year, and the buffet of starters was the BEST thing we ate all week. But hey, I can take it off my "must do again" list!

I hope someone can report back about lunch. We have a Thanksgiving day ADR since last year they also served the traditional fixins from what I've read.

Breakfast this morning had NO cold plate.

Pretzel bread with raisins and chocolate chips, drizzled in with choco-hazelnut sauce.

Small bowl of berries.

Hot platter with eggs, potatoes, bacon and sausage.

Small dish of lobster bernaise sauce.

Just back from our trip. Went to Akershus last week. They brought a plate of appetizers to table. Our server said they stopped the buffet (temporarily) because there was too much traffic going back and forth to buffet and it disrupted the flow of princesses coming to tables. It was our first time so we didn't know how it used to be. Our server said he could bring more of anything we wanted, but we didn't request seconds. We left very full, so no complaints.

Pretzel bread with raisins and chocolate chips, drizzled in with choco-hazelnut sauce.

Small bowl of berries.

Ugh. I worked so hard for the breakfast reservation - now I am thinking maybe I better keep lunch.

Im going to hope this was a one off because not even having the Norway plate seems really odd.

Small bowl of berries.

Huh? This sounds very odd and totally different from what everyone else is getting.

Can someone report back in the next few days what the offerings are? We have a chocolate and seafood allergy and I not happy if half the meal we can't eat.

We had a plate of cheeses, meats, herring salad (I think it was that), berries, olives, crackers and one or two other things.
Sigh. Herring salad and Gjetost. I can get that at home. No lox or pieces of herring? I can get those at home too, but they're my motivation for Akershus.

The review above sounds lovely! I hope they stay family style with the apps. I love character meals but hate the back and forth to the buffet. I'm excited for my first visit here in February for dinner!

Will be very interested to hear what happens in Sept, since the article linked from the disney food blog indicates this was a temporary "trial". I'm all for family style, provided there are still plenty of options. I don't remember missing any princesses last time but you can sort of judge when they are coming. I hope they settle on something soon since I'm sitting on both a breakfast and a lunch reservation and need to pick one! :)

I love that this review helps clarify some things! It's interesting that it's a "test," and in reality if I had never previously been to Akershus I'd probably be totally fine with the new "test" system. I do love that it avoids having to get up during the meal! I'm disappointed, though, to see the lack of variety on the meat & cheese plate - I greatly prefer the salads & asparagus, although the fruit cup looks great, just small. :)

This also makes me wonder - has anyone ever ordered extras of the chocolate mousse? That's our family's favorite dessert of the trio and while before the buffet and entree made us too full to want anything more than a few bites, the beginning tray would not likely do that.

Small bowl of berries.

This is what we received at breakfast last Monday, 8/24. I hadn't seen the threads here about the change and was very disappointed. We had the breakfast last year and most of what my kids ate was from the buffet. Our server told us it was the first day for that particular menu, and that they were testing different options. Thankfully we were able to get Mickey waffles and the kids ate those. (We requested them last year as well since we're vegetarian.) I also got an e-mail survey this morning about our experience at Akershus, so seems they are gathering guest feedback on the changes. I made sure to let them know we were very disappointed in the lack of buffet/variety at breakfast! Hopefully, if they do get rid of the buffet permanently, they at least serve some of the meats/cheeses/yogurt to the table.

I was quite disappointed to see this new set up. The menu also changed. My favorite lamb chops were gone. I spoke to the chef, she told me the shrimp maybe coming back but not sure about the buffet. I received the survey when I got home and promptly request to have the buffet back. One of the questions is how comfortable I feel about the space between each table. Most likely, the buffet removal is not just to improve traffic for the princesses but to add a few more tables.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter