AK yesterday ---- dog in a stroller!!!

I have seen people taking their dogs for walks in those things and sorry, that's kind of weird, but really at theme park? I guess the name Animal Kingdom confused them a bit.

Perhaps a therapy/service dog in training :rotfl2:

I love it, though ... I wish I could take my dog everywhere!

Perhaps a therapy/service dog in training :rotfl2:
!

I'm sure that was their excuse.
It's not like like they have to show any proof
I would bet it wouldn't be the first time someone lied to take their pet along.

We saw a dog in one of the parks while we were there this week, too. It was a weiner dog and someone was carrying it. I couldn't believe it! :lmao: I guess the bag checker didn't do a thorough job.

I also saw a dog that was clearly marked as an assistance dog.

wow, I hope this isn't a trend. I hate those stroller things. I mean I love dogs and I understand to some people they are a companion, but unless they are therapy/disability or guide dogs, they do not belong in the park in a stroller.

I think my hatred of the dog stroller comes from the fact that I worked in the mall, in a chocolate shop and people would always try to bring them in the store. Sorry, but in my eyes it is unsanitary to have them in the store near the food, even if they are zipped up in a stroller..and lets not forget the people who think just because their dog fits in their purse, they can take them into stores.ugh

I'm pretty sure I have read about these people before and they are regulars at one of the resorts and spend a lot of time at AK.

As for how the dog got in, the thread I first read about them dealt with service dogs and what is or isn't a service dog and that some things that service dogs are used for are not apparent. Like ones trained to notice seizures before they happen.

I may have even started one of these threads years ago when I commented that I saw a dog walk down the aisle of the Autotrain. It was a Bichon Frise.

Just so you know, if this goes down the what is or isn't a service dog path the thread will most likely be closed like the ones I remember.

My aunt does this in stores and such. I'm not a big fan of this. I looked up what you can't bring into the parks

Items that you may not bring into the Theme Parks include, but are not limited to:

Items with wheels, such as wagons, skateboards, scooters, inline skates, shoes with built-in wheels, two-wheeled or three-wheeled conveyances, strollers larger than 36" x 52", suitcases, coolers, or backpacks with or without wheels larger than 24" long x 15" wide x 18" high (coolers required for medication may be stored in a locker or at Guest Relations), and any trailer-like object that is pushed or towed by an ECV wheelchair or stroller
Alcoholic beverages
Weapons of any kind
Folding chairs
Glass containers (excluding baby food jars and perfume bottles)
Pets (unless they are service animals)
In Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park (for the safety of the wildlife), balloons, straws and drink lids are not permitted.

Wonder what they did with it while on the rides? Wonder if they drove, can't image the bus driver not seeing that. :confused3

I'm pretty sure I have read about these people before and they are regulars at one of the resorts and spend a lot of time at AK.

As for how the dog got in, the thread I first read about them dealt with service dogs and what is or isn't a service dog and that some things that service dogs are used for are not apparent. Like ones trained to notice seizures before they happen.
I may have even started one of these threads years ago when I commented that I saw a dog walk down the aisle of the Autotrain. It was one of those ones that look like poodles with the French name ( I can say it just can't spell it).

Just so you know, if this goes down the what is or isn't a service dog path the thread will most likely be closed like the ones I remember.

Bolded mine.

I was thinking about the time when a couple brought their Yorkie into our store in a stroller. The guest had a lanyard with a seizure alert card so it was a service animal. Everyone made a fuss over the dog (a nice fuss) because the dog was wearing an OSU outfit. :)

Bolded mine.

I was thinking about the time when a couple brought their Yorkie into our store in a stroller. The guest had a lanyard with a seizure alert card so it was a service animal. Everyone made a fuss over the dog (a nice fuss) because the dog was wearing an OSU outfit. :)

Good dog!

KC;)

Someone I work with just returned from a Disney Cruise. She said there was a family on the ship that had a dog in a stroller/carrier with them the entire time. (Including INSIDE the restaurants!!!) She's filing a letter with the company to see their response.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter