airmiles junkies unite!

I think this offer is going beyond this week but I cant exactly recall what the flyer said, but Metro has a 1 airmile per $5 worth of gift cards bought! I think this is a great deal. I get double credit card points when I shop at a grocery store so this way I can buy gift cards for stores I would only get regular points from otherwise and earn airmiles at the same time! I just send my husband out to pick up $350 worth of gift cards (17 + 70 = 87 airmiles!). Big deal for me living in Ontario. I wonder if I bought metro cards, then used those cards to buy the other cards if I'd get double the bonus miles....

I WAS WRONG! My husband just got home and got 5 airmiles total. It's select gift cards :( What a bummer. So certain ones yes (like Itunes) but most, no. Be careful to see what is actually included. At least I earned double amex points.

I am back on the airmiles collecting bandwagon (I had been concentrating on PC points for free groceries at Superstore). I got the Airmiles Amex, and have been checking the weekly deals at Safeway. My goal is to get 100-200 miles per week, without buying anything we wouldn't usually buy with the Safeway deals or going over-budget for groceries. The last couple of weeks I've gotten more than 200 easily. :banana: Love those Safeway bonus airmiles deals!

My goal is to get enough to buy as many theme park tickets as possible for our trip. I read on another thread here about people getting the Disney tickets and then upgrading them at the parks by paying the difference, and was wondering if anyone has experience doing this with the airmiles Universal tickets too? I called and asked Universal, and the person I spoke to, while very friendly, didn't seem to know for sure. He did say that if the tickets had a monetary value printed on them they were upgradeable. Anyone familiar with doing this? I'd hate to get there expecting to upgrade my 1 day/1 park, to a 2 day/ 2 park and have to pay full for a new ticket rather than upgrading!

I am back on the airmiles collecting bandwagon (I had been concentrating on PC points for free groceries at Superstore). I got the Airmiles Amex, and have been checking the weekly deals at Safeway. My goal is to get 100-200 miles per week, without buying anything we wouldn't usually buy with the Safeway deals or going over-budget for groceries. The last couple of weeks I've gotten more than 200 easily. :banana: Love those Safeway bonus airmiles deals!

My goal is to get enough to buy as many theme park tickets as possible for our trip. I read on another thread here about people getting the Disney tickets and then upgrading them at the parks by paying the difference, and was wondering if anyone has experience doing this with the airmiles Universal tickets too? I called and asked Universal, and the person I spoke to, while very friendly, didn't seem to know for sure. He did say that if the tickets had a monetary value printed on them they were upgradeable. Anyone familiar with doing this? I'd hate to get there expecting to upgrade my 1 day/1 park, to a 2 day/ 2 park and have to pay full for a new ticket rather than upgrading!

From what I have read the US/IOA tickets are not upgrade-able, if there is no price on them, which the airmiles tickets do not have, they can not be upgraded. So get the ammount of days you want from AM to start with.

Good luck on getting your airmiles, we have been doing our best since Jan (we cleaned out all our Airmiles at Christmas time using them for giftcards) and so far we have 3 adult 7 day WDW tickets!!!
This week coming up is a good Airmiles week, we spent $280 in 2 transactions and got just over 500 airmiles last night!! When those get added to our account we will have enough for our 4th adult ticket, 2 more WDW and 6 US/IOA and 5 Sea World and we will be all set for Aug 2012. There better be some really great Airmiles weeks in the next year!!

:banana::banana: I went shopping at Safeway today - I spent $149 and got 532 Airmiles! :banana::banana:

I will only need about 400 more Airmiles to get an Adult Disney ticket for November! :banana::banana: I think I will upgrade it to a AP as we have 2 trips planned one in November and one in August 2012. We will be staying off-site so the free parking with the AP will be great. :cool1:

:banana::banana::banana: So excited, I was able to get enough Airmiles to get an Adult 7 days WDW ticket today! :banana::banana: I love Airmiles! I plan on upgrading the 7 day ticket to an Annual Pass because we are staying 2 nights on-site in November then 7 nights off-site and we have an off-site trip planned for August 2012 so the cost of upgrading is what I would have paid in parking anyway and I don't have to worry about saving up for a Disney ticket for August 2012. :woohoo::woohoo:

It is kind of sad to only have 93 Airmiles left though! But hopefully, I can get some more saved up and be able to get more Disney tickets.:banana:

Has anyone else noticed in Ontario that the Metro Airmiles bonus miles are terrible these days?

I only shop at Metro when they have good bonus miles and I have not shopped there is months.

Time to start looking for another rewards program.

I just got an email invite this week to airmiles opinions panel and they offer airmiles for surveys, I wonder if I will be able to rack a few up this way. They gave me 15 for signing up and up tp 35 for every survey completed. Pretty sure it is by email invite only so check your inboxes...

Ordered a 7 day adult pass on Wednesday July at 11:21 am and received it in my mailbox today July 11th at 1:32pm. It came express post. Now I have two and hoping to get a third before we leave at Christmas. If ony Metro would co-operate and have more bonus airmiles.

Has anyone else noticed in Ontario that the Metro Airmiles bonus miles are terrible these days?

I only shop at Metro when they have good bonus miles and I have not shopped there is months.

Could not agree more. If you want to use the miles for merchandise, it's okay. But if you want to use them for flying, be prepared to plan very, very early. Availability for peak times (i.e. most holidays) is limited.

Yup. The only time I shop there is when they have some half decent bonus going on. If they want my business, they'd better spruce up the deal!

Winnipeggers - Madison Square (Ness) and Corydon (Tuxedo) Safeways have extreme Air Mile offers on right now! Hope they run for a while. Haven't been any since December at the Osborne store that I could find.

THANKS! Are there any coupons I need to find first?

Thanks again for posting this. I went with my husband and kids tonight. We got 237 AM. Not bad for diapers and toilet paper...lol

In April I redeemed my airmiles for 4 - $50 Chapter/Indigo gift cards and bought a Kobo eReader and a gift card to buy books...I have now accumulated 1,000 air miles so I went online to get some more gift cards and I can't seen to find the Chapters gift cards....did they stop offering them? or am I just not looking in the right place?

Kiki - I would assume they would be at Customer Service like usual. Remember the flyer ends tomorrow. Phone or check online to see if it's in the Friday flyer. Hope it continues for a while!!

Mickey&JoshNut - check out the Airmiles Facebook page or the Airmiles forum for all the buzz about the discontinued gift cards. Air Miles has chosen to only offer gift cards from sponsers that give out air miles. So no more chapter gcs. Lots of people are up in arms. Personally I don't care as I only use mine for travel - flights, WDW pass, etc. :goodvibes

Anybody have any luck getting thier air miles back?

We booked our flight back in Febuary to Orlando for the four of us. I bought the cancelation insurance. Now it turns out my DW and DD(14) can't make it. It will just be myself and my DD(16) making the trip.

Good thing I bought that cancelation insurance... Guess again. They can cancel just fine but we won't get any air miles back because it is not for medical reasons. They can re-book for a later flight but not cancel.

I said that is fine my DD(16) and myself will use the AM's for a trip to Orlando next summer. Nope! Can't do that, you can't transfer flights to another person for security reasons :confused3. You know because of 9/11. WHAT! We are clear to fly this year but can't take our wife's/sisters spot on a plane a year from now because of 9/11!

If any of you have any advice on how I can use the cancelation insurance that I paid for to get back the AM's that I earned back it would be greatly appercated.

By the way, we are talking abbot 8800 AM that I'm going to lose in just over a week.:scared1:

Which airline? Can you just pay the cancellation fee or change fee to the airline and get a voucher for use another time?

Which airline? Can you just pay the cancellation fee or change fee to the airline and get a voucher for use another time?

It's with United. I called them and they told me the same thing that Airmiles did. Only my DW and DD(14) would be able to use the voucher because of 9/11. I had no idea that if I used my wife's ticket a year from now it would make try a take over control of the plane and fly it into the White House.

They would have given me a refund with a penalty but because I booked threw AM they could not help me.

Kiki - I would assume they would be at Customer Service like usual. Remember the flyer ends tomorrow. Phone or check online to see if it's in the Friday flyer. Hope it continues for a while!!

Mickey&JoshNut - check out the Airmiles Facebook page or the Airmiles forum for all the buzz about the discontinued gift cards. Air Miles has chosen to only offer gift cards from sponsers that give out air miles. So no more chapter gcs. Lots of people are up in arms. Personally I don't care as I only use mine for travel - flights, WDW pass, etc. :goodvibes

Thanks for the info...was unaware of the change....I used my airmiles for Chapters, The Keg & Swiss Chalet (Cara Foods)...bummer that none of these are available...

I LOVE airmiles and ALWAYS use them on "vacation related things". For our August WDW trip that just ended (sadly!!), we bought 2, 3 day Universal Orlando tickets. Last year, when we went to Disneyland, we bought Legoland tickets and the year before Universal Orlando tickets and Canada's Wonderland tickets. With the 2 airmiles credit card, booking trips on expedia and having the airmiles yahoo toolbar, it goes pretty fast! :thumbsup2

Stan Solo,

Were you able to get your cancelled flight/AM issue worked out?
That is ridiculous and a lot of AM to lose out on.
Please keep us updated.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter