Airline check in at resort-Use it!

US Air and Southwest don't participate, at least I didn't recall them being on the list when we went. Always a good idea to check. DU or SWV travel websites should have up to date info. We LOVED using ME! Luggage is a big hassle and it was great to just drop it off and forget it. We used it coming and going (jetBlue). If your airline participates, I would use it! :)

Yes US Air does participate, We just booked yesterday and were told that we could use the ME service. :teeth:

One thing to keep in mind, if you check your luggage very early in the day and have a later flight, it may not go out on the same flight you are booked on.

We checked in for our 2 PM flight at 6 AM (when the counter opened at POP, wanted to avoid standing in line and rushing).

When we got back to our home airport, our luggage wasn't on the carousel. We had to check in at the JetBlue baggage office to claim it. So, make sure you detach your baggage claim check from your boarding passes before you take your flight, as you'll need to turn that back in if they are holding your bags. We forgot to and they accidentally took our claim check with our boarding passes. Luckily, they released our bags to us with photo ID.

bcvgal said:
Yes US Air does participate, We just booked yesterday and were told that we could use the ME service. :teeth:

You can use the ME service for any airline but you will not be able to check your luggage in at the resort for the return. You will have to carry it out to the bus and check it in yourself at the airport. Other than that, all the other ME features will be available.

I booked my flight with delta but on my tickets it is noted that the flight is operated by freedom air, would this effect my availablity to get ME services?

Thanks for the information. We leave tomorrow for the Polynesian and I will be sure to use the check in. :sunny:
Thanks,
Lyn

PIRATEGIRL007 said:
I booked my flight with delta but on my tickets it is noted that the flight is operated by freedom air, would this effect my availablity to get ME services?

It looks like Freedom Air is a Delta Connection carrier, so you should be able to use resort check-in:

>>>Earning Miles with Delta Connection Carriers Economy/Coach Class
500 miles minimum or actual miles flown, whichever is greater, on all connection carriers: American Eagle, Atlantic Southeast Airlines, Chautauqua Airlines, Comair, Freedom Airlines, Shuttle America, and SkyWest <<<<

http://www.delta.com/skymiles/ways_to_get_miles/earning_miles_delta/index.jsp

Ok, I do not fly, this will be 3rd time. So I have another question on this. When you say I can get my boarding passes, we are flying AA, so does that mean I don't have to get there and stand in the line in front of the AA counter? I would only have to do security? Would that not be better, in making sure my family does get together in seating, by getting boarding passes in the morning even though I fly out early evening?
Sorry, for so many questions.

srfrgrl07 said:
The airlines are Delta (and Song), United (and Ted), Continental, American Airlines, Northwest and Jetblue. I think that's all of them.
Northwest isn't participating. Hopefully that changes in the future.

Okiemom said:
Ok, I do not fly, this will be 3rd time. So I have another question on this. When you say I can get my boarding passes, we are flying AA, so does that mean I don't have to get there and stand in the line in front of the AA counter? I would only have to do security? Would that not be better, in making sure my family does get together in seating, by getting boarding passes in the morning even though I fly out early evening?
Sorry, for so many questions.

You can get your seats preassigned on American Airlines. Call them tomorrow. You shouldn't have to wait until you get to the airport to select your seats. That's only on Southwest (and on Allegiant Air, unless you pay a little extra)

Can i get my boarding passes if I am flying Air Canada? I know AC is partnered with United, and use the same wickets at the airport. Of course I will have to clear customs at MCO, so I will have to handle my luggage at the airport, but I wonder if I have to check it at the airport as well.

mkymouse4ever said:
The resort airline check - in (at the Poly) opened at 6am. and ran till 2 or 3pm only. We where told that I could check in anytime! Our flight was at 6:30pm and I checked our stuff at 9am. no lines, no wait, and I am sure the guy would let us be creative if the weight needed adjustment. ;) But be sure YOUR airline is on the list. 2 families showed up behind us that there airlines where NOT on the list. It is only certain airlines. The big ones. I flew TED (united) and did so on purpose for this service, well worth it. ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo I hope they keep this service. :wizard:

Mky princess:

We have a flight at 6:30pm. So what time did they pick you up at resort for airport? 3:30??? And if so, what kind of wait did you have at airport?

mkymouse4ever said:
The resort airline check - in (at the Poly) opened at 6am. and ran till 2 or 3pm only. We where told that I could check in anytime! Our flight was at 6:30pm and I checked our stuff at 9am. no lines, no wait, and I am sure the guy would let us be creative if the weight needed adjustment. ;) But be sure YOUR airline is on the list. 2 families showed up behind us that there airlines where NOT on the list. It is only certain airlines. The big ones. I flew TED (united) and did so on purpose for this service, well worth it. ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo I hope they keep this service. :wizard:

Mky princess:

Since you checked your luggage in early in the a.m. was your luggage at the carousel at your home airport or did you have to go to baggage claim like someone else did cause their luggage came in on an earlier flight.

ladysoleil said:
One thing to keep in mind, if you check your luggage very early in the day and have a later flight, it may not go out on the same flight you are booked on.

We checked in for our 2 PM flight at 6 AM (when the counter opened at POP, wanted to avoid standing in line and rushing).

When we got back to our home airport, our luggage wasn't on the carousel. We had to check in at the JetBlue baggage office to claim it. So, make sure you detach your baggage claim check from your boarding passes before you take your flight, as you'll need to turn that back in if they are holding your bags. We forgot to and they accidentally took our claim check with our boarding passes. Luckily, they released our bags to us with photo ID.

That's interesting... I plan on checking ours in real early to avoid a line and be able to spend rest of time available at a park. We're taking Jet Blue and flying into EWR. Is that where you arrived? And how much time was involved in this whole process of realizing your luggage wasn't on the carousel and getting it from baggage claim office?

SPIRT and NORTHWEST do not participate. I used NW in June and August. Spirit in July. Neither both of them participate.

If your airline participates
. . . boarding passes are printed at DME kiosk
. . . luggage is checked-in and tagged
. . . luggage is loaded onto bus for you
. . . bus ride is free

If your airline does not participate
. . . Front Desk can/will print your boarding passes
. . . bell services can tote your bags and load to bus
. . . bus ride is free
. . . you must check your own bags at airport

I was under the impression that if you did not utilize ME, then you could not check in your bags at the hotel, but you could get boarding passes and check in for the flight; the OP said that even though they had rented a car, they could have (if they elected to) checked in their bags at the time they checked in at the hotel.

Can anyone else share their experiences with this?

mkymouse4ever said:

Mky princess:
We're staying at the Poly and our flight leaves at 7:15pm. We plan to spend some time at Epcot before we leave, so what time do we need to be back at the Poly to catch the bus?

luvpooh said:
I was under the impression that if you did not utilize ME, then you could not check in your bags at the hotel, but you could get boarding passes and check in for the flight; the OP said that even though they had rented a car, they could have (if they elected to) checked in their bags at the time they checked in at the hotel.

Can anyone else share their experiences with this?

You can check in, get your boarding passes and leave your baggage even if you're going to the airport some other way as long as you're flying on a participating airline.

In May, we flew in on Ted(United). My daughter and I rode ME and our 4 bags were delivered. My husband and son got a rental car.

Returning, we checked our bags and got our boarding passes at the BC. We then went on our merry way for the day, drove to the airport with our carryons and dropped the car. Next time we saw the bags was at O'Hare.

It is a great service. I just wish SWA participated. We just switched flights because Ted cancelled ours. We got a better fare on SWA but I'm going to miss dropping the bags.

There is tons of information about ME on the transportation board BTW. I'm glad to see this thread hasn't been moved over there though as I think those of us who frequent this board can use the info too and it does relate to services at the resorts. :flower:

Yes, we definitely did not use ME -- we had a rental car. On our final morning at 7 am, we drove up to the front of the resort, took our bags up to the little area set aside for airline check in, got our boarding passes (for jetblue) and the bags were taken off our hands.

They traveled on the plane with us (5:30 flight) and came through the carousel the same as all the others.

Wonderful service -- highly recommend it! Makes returning a rental car ever so much easier to just remove carry on bags and walk away!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter