Airline check in at resort-Use it!

Dizneydaz

DIS Veteran
Hi, we just got back and wanted to share this info I hadn't seen before (It's probably her somewhere-just didn't see it.)

On our morning of departure (Sat. the 24th) I went to our lobby-POFQ to check-in at the kiosk I saw in the lobby. I was expecting to only be able to get our boarding passes for our Delta flights but they actually will check your luggage and transport it to the airport. They even have a scale to weigh it. You won't see it again until your home airport. When I made our resort ressies the CM asked if we wanted Magical Express. Since we rented a van, and they said you had to accompany your luggage, we said no. Now I know you can have Disney transport it to the airport even without Magical Express (for your bodies)

Unfortunately, we weren't prepared for that, and the CM had already issued one pass before we decided to check our luggage. Since we only had 2 passes remaining we could only check 4 bags. We had 6 to check. Next time I will have Disney transport the luggage and prepare our carryons for any unseen problems (change of clothes, etc.) Also, since we barely made our flight, having the luggage taken care of would have been great.

Oh, and I noticed this was not available for Southwest-Sorry.

Thank you for that! I am really looking forward to using ME, as I paid $50 roundtrip in a crowded mears van when staying offsite. I have only two options for air, and fortunately jetblue and delta are apart of the ME system. :Pinkbounc

So you can use the airport check-in at the resort even if you do not use Magical Express to get to and from the airport to your resort?

This is kind of a dual question.

I know you can check in your luggage at the resort for selected airlines and they will take care of that for you.

We have a fairly late flight out the last day of our vacation and can get at least a half day in at the parks.

What time does the resort check in open?

Can you also still have the resort hold some luggage for you (i.e., carryon since you would check your main luggage) until you are done with the parks?

Tiffany said:
So you can use the airport check-in at the resort even if you do not use Magical Express to get to and from the airport to your resort?

Yes, you can if you are flying on one of the participating airlines.

It is a wonderful service. They do close sometime in the afternoon though so don't wait too late. Can't remember how early it opens but I think it was at least by 7am.

Frantasmic, I imagine the resorts will still hold some baggage for you. They have always offerd that service.

We used it in May and then just had our carryons with us in the rental car on the way to the airport later in the day.

The resort airline check - in (at the Poly) opened at 6am. and ran till 2 or 3pm only. We where told that I could check in anytime! Our flight was at 6:30pm and I checked our stuff at 9am. no lines, no wait, and I am sure the guy would let us be creative if the weight needed adjustment. ;) But be sure YOUR airline is on the list. 2 families showed up behind us that there airlines where NOT on the list. It is only certain airlines. The big ones. I flew TED (united) and did so on purpose for this service, well worth it. ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo I hope they keep this service. :wizard:

Mky princess:

BCV23 said:
Yes, you can if you are flying on one of the participating airlines.

It is a wonderful service. They do close sometime in the afternoon though so don't wait too late. Can't remember how early it opens but I think it was at least by 7am.

Frantasmic, I imagine the resorts will still hold some baggage for you. They have always offerd that service.

We used it in May and then just had our carryons with us in the rental car on the way to the airport later in the day.

We are flying Song which is operated by Delta so I think we will be covered. This will be good on the way home as we are flying out at 6:50pm so we want to hit a park for part of the day.

We asked at the Poly which resorts have the service and was told THEY ALL DO! So you should be covered. ;)

mky princess:

I was at POFQ on the 24th also and used the service. We showed up about 7:00 am. Checked out bags (we were on delta) and also got our boarding passes. I had returned our rental the day before to the car care center (painless and way more convient than the airport) and we rode magical express back to the airport. It was nice to get off the ME bus and walk straight to security and not have to lug 6 bags up one level to the checkin lines.

The airline baggage check-in kiosks are open from 6am - 2 pm and allow you to check in no more than 12 hours before your flight but no less than 3 hours. Absolutely use it to get boarding passes even if your airline doesn't participate in the luggage transfer.

Yes all Disney owned resorts including DVC resorts have this service.

And yes, Song and Delta are included as well as Ted for United. Also AA and I think NW is the other major airline.

Southwest doesn't participate.

Does Continental participate? We usually fly Air Tran (which doesn't participate), but got a great rate for Continental in November/December.

Beth

This may be more of a magical express question-but if I checked our luggage at say 7 am for our 4:30 pm flight then head to the parks for the morning, do we then go back to the resort where we checked our bags to get on ME or can we just go to the nearest resort and get on there?

mickey58729 said:
Does anyone know if this service is offered at Pop Century?

Thanks
Theresa
Yes, they have a kiosk outside the main entrance.

Does anyone know which airlines are participating or where I could find a list? I recall seeing somewhere that USAir was NOT on the list.

I'd be interested too if US Air was participating as well. :confused3 We leave on the September 28th and are returning on October 4th.

This is probably a dumb question but...............

I read on this thread that Southwest doesn't participate. Does that mean they don't allow you to checkin your luggage from the hotel or you can't use Magical Express at all if you fly Southwest??

If we have a early flight 7am, do we take our bags with us. Does anyone know the earliest the buses to the airport run?

The airlines are Delta (and Song), United (and Ted), Continental, American Airlines, Northwest and Jetblue. I think that's all of them.

Southwest does not participate in the airline check in, but you can still use ME and carry your own luggage.

FYI, it's not actually WDW transporting the luggage and checking you in for flights, it's a third party company.

The ME buses run wenever there are guests needing transportation to the airport, just make sure they know what time your flight is so they can be sure to let you know the exact departure time.

If you want to take ME from another resort after check out, just let the ME agents know and I don't think it should be a problem. I would let them know at least a day before departure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter