Air Canada

DonnaBoo

DIS Veteran
My fiance and I had our travel agent book our flights in January with AC. Somehow our seat selection on our departure flight got "dropped". :scared1:
Air Canada is telling our travel agent there's nothing they can do until 24 hours before our flight...and maybe not even then. :confused3

So, one of us will be in row 19 and the other in row 30 with our bride and groom hats on.:sad1: :sad2: This is not the way we had planned to start our wedding/honeymoon trip.
I am hoping this will be corrected. If not, with the way I feel right now, I doubt if I will ever use Air Canada again.

I can't even begin to tell you how disappointed I am.

My fiance and I had our travel agent book our flights in January with AC. Somehow our seat selection on our departure flight got "dropped". :scared1:
Air Canada is telling our travel agent there's nothing they can do until 24 hours before our flight...and maybe not even then. :confused3

So, one of us will be in row 19 and the other in row 30 with our bride and groom hats on.:sad1: :sad2: This is not the way we had planned to start our wedding/honeymoon trip.
I am hoping this will be corrected. If not, with the way I feel right now, I doubt if I will ever use Air Canada again.

Congratulations on your upcoming marriage! It is coming up fast. Try calling Air Canada yourself and explain the situation. I bet they will help...Coming from the soon to be bride with more conviction/ emotion will surely catch someone's attention!

Good luck and have a beautiful and special honeymoon!

Charleyann

Congratulations on your upcoming marriage! It is coming up fast. Try calling Air Canada yourself and explain the situation. I bet they will help...Coming from the soon to be bride with more conviction/ emotion will surely catch someone's attention!

Good luck and have a beautiful and special honeymoon!

Charleyann

They do hold back seats for airport check in and I am sure if they are able they will release a couple to you..if not-for whatever reason-there will most likely be someone on board that will switch seats with the person beside either one of you. There is also a good possibility that indeed 24hrs prior..some seat allocation will open up for switching what you have.

I wouldn't be too worried! Have a wonderful honeymoon!:thumbsup2

DH and I were in the same situation for our honeymoon flight. A very nice man switched seats so we could sit together.

The exact thing happened to us 2 years ago flying to Utah on our Honeymoon ski trip. Air Canada would not put us together and the people around us would not switch. So there was my new wife and I sitting both in the middle seats one row behind each other for 4 hours. To make it funnier friends that had joined us on this ski trip sent us a bottle of champaign, which we had to enjoy leaning over the seats. I was even more shocked at the people around us. I have never been a fan of Air Canada and this was just another reason why. I will travel any other airline first!

Hope things work out for you! If not, keep a good sense of humour and remember it makes for good stories down the road.:thumbsup2

thank you for the encouraging words and for sharing your stories with me. My fiance wanted to call Air Canada himself so, we'll try that.
If that doesn't work, I'll be hoping and praying the 24- hours release will work for us.
If not that, I am hoping there will be someone on the plane who will switch with us. :wizard:

Fiance called Air canada and we got our seats together :banana: :yay:
They were very apologetic and everything has worked out for the best.

That's great! I thought someone at AC would come through for you!
Have a great wedding and honeymoon!:flower3:

Awesome! Glad things worked out . Have a wonderful and fairytale wedding and honeymoon....

Charleyann

We used to fly out of Toronto with Air Canada and would usually pay anywhere from $2200-$2700 for four to Orlando. My son has autism and we always called the medical department so that they would make a note on the manifest. They never did and we would always be scolded by the flight attendants because he wouldn't put away his DVD player fast enough. Transitions always take some time. I always had to go through the whole gammut of lengthy explanations, all within earshot of the other passengers which was very uncomfortable, because by looking at my son you can't tell.

Then, when the plane lands I always try to get him off as quickly as possible and have to separate from the other half of the family, with no assistance from the flight attendants.

Then we discovered Buffalo International. Last July, we flew all four out direct to Orlando with Southwest for at total of $850. So needless to say we are hooked. We drive over to the Hilton Airport Garden Inn the day before, hang out at the Galleria Mall, go for dinner at the Cheesecake Factory, leave our car at the Hilton the next day and they shuttle us across the street to the awesome airport. It's very modern, and VERY easy to navigate.

Southwest was awesome and the flight attendants were friendly and very accommodating.

:santa:

I'm glad they fixed it for you.

We had a flight with USAir last year where they changed the aircraft about a week before the flight and the computer automatically reassigned seat assignments. My DW and I were traveling with another couple (and their lap infant) and even though we'd started with 4 seats together we were now spread across 4 rows. We tried to change things at check-in, at the counter before the flight, etc. They just kept saying that it was a full flight and there was nothing we could do. We agreed to ask the people around us until we got 2 seats together and give them to the other couple. After that we sat down. But, then the woman beside me pointed at my DW and asked me if I would be willing to ask my DW to change seats with her because she was sitting beside her husband. So, of course we agreed quickly. In the end we discovered that they had 6 couples who had all been split up even though the seats were XX_XX and we could have all been with our partners. It was kind of funny once we'd sorted it all out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter