AGLET – We're Gonna Tour The World Together! Updated 11/9!!!

Tokelau, Tokelau, Tokelau!

As you already know, that was our building too. We were in room 2944. Pretty good location to us. :thumbsup2

I was all excited that we were put there! I know, how funny is that??

I haven't been on the Dis much the past few days so I missed that you started your TR. Great start to your trip by getting there early and getting the building you wanted! :) Can't wait to read more!

Welcome!! Thanks!! :goodvibes

oh, I just about died laughing at your bus story. I can totally picture it too! Um, that totally defeats the purpose of sitting in the front rows too if you aren't going to make a mad dash off the bus! Classic story.

I also love how you say that you were thinking it would make a great Dis story. I do that on trips too now. I start thinking, so and so would totally appreciate this moment. Love how their is such a nice friendly feeling here on the TR threads.

Anxiously awaiting pics of the Poly room.....(drums fingers impatiently on the table)

:lmao: I really had been proud of myself for getting the 2nd row!! Oh well...

It's so funny how I now think of the Dis and everyone while at Disney! It really is a great community here! :grouphug:

Poly room pictures will be in the next update, I promise!!! :laughing:

It's always a good start when you get to be the first stop. :goodvibes

I have been known to youtube Disney Surprise Trip and sit and bawl at the resulting videos that come up.

Exactly what we do. We take the girls and John is left with the bags. Then when he gets in, he gets the girls and sits in the TV room with them while we finish.

Except this time he didn't watch them very well amd Bella escaped, as you know. :upsidedow

Hooray! :dance3:

I can picture your whole scene from MCO to Poly. Such an exciting time!

It is! We were the first stop on our last trip too! I think I would be bursting out of my seat if we went to another resort first! :rotfl:

Why do we do this? Why? I know I'm setting myself up to cry whenever I look at those videos, but I do it all the time! They're the sweetest things to watch. :lovestruc

Hahaha well normally it works out well for you guys! Bella was just too excited to get her Disney trip going, apparently!! :laughing:

Before leaving the Great Ceremonial House, the CM that had checked us in helpfully pointed us in the direction of Tokelau, and had made sure that we had our map.

Nope, I didn't take that as any sort of forewarning.

Onward! Outward! Forging ahead!

Wingnut was our map-holder while I attempted to find landmarks between the foliage. "Um. Niue?"

The doors to Niue welcomingly opened as we walked past. Sorry Niue, we walked on by.

The paths started to wind, and we desperately were looking for some other sort of hint to our location, but truly, the only distinguishing aspect to any of the buildings in the Polynesian that I could ascertain was the roof of the Great Ceremonial House. (Which was helpful many a time, but not when we were attempting to head AWAY from it.)

Alright. Seriously. We are in Disney World. How tricky could this be???

I looked at the map. "Alright. If we're where I think we possibly are, then there should be a pool to our left."

Miraculously, there was a pool. (Possibly even more miraculously, it was on our left.) :yay:

And right past the pool, via another curving path, was Tokelau.

TOKELAU, HO!!! :boat:

(Honestly, if we had been placed in a longhouse any further away, I have absolutely no clue how we would have found it.)

(Also, if you're wondering why we seemingly aren't soaking in the Polynesian ambience quite yet, don't forget, I hadn't gone to the bathroom since New Jersey. Neither had Wingnut. The ambience would have to wait a couple of minutes while we semi-hurriedly attempted to find our room.)

Our room was on the first floor, so we entered Tokelau and bore (beared?) left.

Coming up next time…

(No, I'm kidding) ;)

We found the room, and entered.

I beelined for the bathroom (again, Wingnut is very chivalrous), yelling for Wingnut to please check for bedbugs.

(Yes, we absolutely positively must do that FIRST thing. Especially since I had seen a thread on the Dis around a week before we left reporting of bedbugs in Tahiti :scared1:. Seriously??? Not what I wanted to see right before our trip!)

We were all clear!

Then, and finally then, did I relax and take some pictures of our room!

Tropical towel animal!

I know, I'm not Wingnut, but here's a picture of me in my lei.

Lamp Tiki.

Check this out: the closet doors...

LIT UP!!!

I thought the room was a very nice size.

Headboards.

Random painting in the bathroom. My vote is flower. Possibly.

(No, I didn't change, these pictures were actually taken on our last day)

Super-power flush toilets.

Being on the first floor, we had a little patio. Being me, I had to go check it out immediately.

Straight ahead is Tahiti.

Looking right.

Looking left.

Looking left, with bionic vision.

Boats!

Overall, I thought our room was very nice, very clean, in good shape. It was adorned with lots of little Tiki and other Polynesian touches, which was fun. I think the only slight dislikes I had was that it was a bit dark (if I turned on EVERY light, then it sort of matched an average hotel room's illumination level, but it was certainly not bright). Also, as Danielle had said in her TR, the air conditioning was very loud. We tried to rely on the ceiling fan as much as possible, which worked pretty well.

Bags dropped off, we were ready to head to our first park of the trip!

Any guesses as to where we chose?

Oh, it's not even worth keeping you in suspense…you all know where we went!

EPCOT!!!!! :yay::yay:

(No, I don't mind being predictable at all.)

This led to our next navigational adventure…finding the TTC!

No! You went to EPCOT! Shocker.

It looks so pretty, and the size is great, but the lack of illumination would bug me. Also perhaps the staff at the Poly should offer GPS for guests to get around the resort! Or you know, signs!

I'm so happy your ME documents got to you! And I totally would have climbed over Wingnut to get off the bus so I didn't have to wait in any sort of crazy lines! I can't wait to hear more about your day!

Yeah, you found the room! I know, it felt like you were wandering around forever trying to find it, didn't it? I think that Farrell still had a hard time finding our longhouse even after being there for a week.

The rooms were a little on the dark side, I agree. Although finding the switches for all of the lights was quite interesting. Some of them had me feeling like I was a complete idiot. LOL

Headline news: INTREPID EXPLORERS DISCOVER TOKELAU! Congratulations...I expect a full story, complete with photos, will appear in National Geographic: The Disney Edition! I love the little patio area outside your room, perfect for relaxing in the evening!

Yay for Epcot...it's like coming home every time I pass through the turnstile!

Hi! I'm joining the party. I've seen you comment on so many of the threads that I comment on, so I was glad to see when you had a new TR! I'm enjoying it so far, you have a very fun sense of humor. I appreciate humor haha. So YEAH! :thumbsup2

YAY! You found your way...and the bathroom! Love the exotic, tropical mickey head. Can't wait to find out if you ever found the TTC! :goodvibes

Yay another update !! Girl, there is NO way, I could have made from Jersey to Orlando without visiting the little girls room. You must have a cast iron bladder !! Love the room pics !! Can't wait to read more !!

I am dying to stay at the Poly, but I can't get my husband to agree.:sad2: He tells me the moderates and the values are good enough. I told him that for my 40th (in 2013) we will stay at the Poly or the GF!!!

The room look so nice as well as the grounds.

Yay for room pics! I wonder why the air conditioning is so loud in the rooms? You would expect it to be whisper quiet when you are staying at a deluxe.

Nice patio shots. That could be relaxing to just sit there in the morning, especially since Disney seems free of bugs most of the time (as long as the love bugs aren't out and about).

Your photos make me wants warm weather....now.

No! You went to EPCOT! Shocker.

It looks so pretty, and the size is great, but the lack of illumination would bug me. Also perhaps the staff at the Poly should offer GPS for guests to get around the resort! Or you know, signs!

:rotfl: I know, right??? We NEVER go there!!!

It didn't bother me TOO much, but it was extremely noticeable. LOL GPS would be great!! :lmao: There are sporadic signs, but not as many as we needed!!

I'm so happy your ME documents got to you! And I totally would have climbed over Wingnut to get off the bus so I didn't have to wait in any sort of crazy lines! I can't wait to hear more about your day!

Hahahaha I guess next time I'll have to make sure I have the aisle seat!

Yeah, you found the room! I know, it felt like you were wandering around forever trying to find it, didn't it? I think that Farrell still had a hard time finding our longhouse even after being there for a week.

The rooms were a little on the dark side, I agree. Although finding the switches for all of the lights was quite interesting. Some of them had me feeling like I was a complete idiot. LOL

So did we, don't worry! I honestly have never felt so confused as to my whereabouts until staying there!!

I noticed that too!! Different lamps had different switches, it was very random. And I would always try to turn the "knob-type" ones (like on the headboards) the wrong way. :rotfl:

Headline news: INTREPID EXPLORERS DISCOVER TOKELAU! Congratulations...I expect a full story, complete with photos, will appear in National Geographic: The Disney Edition! I love the little patio area outside your room, perfect for relaxing in the evening!

Yay for Epcot...it's like coming home every time I pass through the turnstile!

:lmao::lmao::lmao: I swear, I felt like we deserved a medal or something after that!! (At the very least, a cover story!)

The patio was very cute! I enjoyed sitting there, although on the first floor, you are pretty much right along the path!

Hi! I'm joining the party. I've seen you comment on so many of the threads that I comment on, so I was glad to see when you had a new TR! I'm enjoying it so far, you have a very fun sense of humor. I appreciate humor haha. So YEAH! :thumbsup2

Welcome!! Thank you!! Glad to have you here! :goodvibes

YAY! You found your way...and the bathroom! Love the exotic, tropical mickey head. Can't wait to find out if you ever found the TTC! :goodvibes

Hahaha thankfully!! I thought the lei was a cute touch!

Oh boy...finding the TTC...well...you'll see...:rotfl:

It's evident from that picture that Wingnut did indeed inspect for bedbugs....at least that far bed anyway. Good job Wingnut!

Glad you found your room.

You can see the comforter pulled up slightly on the first bed too, don't worry! He made sure to leave evidence of his thorough-ness! :rotfl:

Yay another update !! Girl, there is NO way, I could have made from Jersey to Orlando without visiting the little girls room. You must have a cast iron bladder !! Love the room pics !! Can't wait to read more !!

Ordinarily, I would never ever think that I could make it that far. I guess I was just entirely motivated to get to Disney! (Trust me, I'm a person that usually has to make a stop at the slightest MENTION of a bathroom!)

I am dying to stay at the Poly, but I can't get my husband to agree.:sad2: He tells me the moderates and the values are good enough. I told him that for my 40th (in 2013) we will stay at the Poly or the GF!!!

The room look so nice as well as the grounds.

Awww I hope he gives in to the Poly or GF!! That would be such a fun birthday treat! Both resorts really are gorgeous :goodvibes.

Yay for room pics! I wonder why the air conditioning is so loud in the rooms? You would expect it to be whisper quiet when you are staying at a deluxe.

Nice patio shots. That could be relaxing to just sit there in the morning, especially since Disney seems free of bugs most of the time (as long as the love bugs aren't out and about).

Your photos make me wants warm weather....now.

It really was strange, I'm not sure if that's just a Tokelau thing? There are ceiling fans, so that helped a bit.

We noticed a ton of those teeny gnat bugs around the plants on our first day, but then after that, they seemed to go away. The patio was very much bug-free! (No love bugs on our trip!)

Hi! Just discovered your PTR/TRs the other day and have been reading them. Oh my goodness...you make me laugh out loud. Glad to see from one of your post that you were doing fine after your recovery from hear surgery.
You guys are the cutest couple. Can't wait to read and see photos of this trip to Disney. :surfweb:
Sheila

Oooohh! I would like a dark room!! I love the dark. And loud air conditioners. Is it my "I-haven't-had-a-good-night's-sleep-in-six-years-cause-I'm-a-mom" showing? Dark rooms and loud white noise ups my odds for three kids to sleep somewhat through the night, and that's awesome. I'm noting it on my list.

And my list consists of...pretty much any deluxe resort within walking or monorail distance from a theme park:lmao:. Seriously. I need help narrowing down the list. Brandon's pushing for Contemporary, but I have heard nothing on the darkness/air conditioner noise level of CR, so we'll see:laughing:.

I have to applaud your bladder size (gosh, never thought I'd type that:rotfl2:). I can't make it through carpool line without having to potty, and you make all the way from New Jersey!?! Bravo.
::Insert slow clapping here.::

Well, next time can you PLEASE go to the bathroom somewhere between NJ and the Polynesian so I can have the full effect of your walk WITH pictures! :rotfl:

Those rooms are huge and the closet - to die for. What an awesome room and location. Very pretty!

Bring on Epcot!

Hi! Just discovered your PTR/TRs the other day and have been reading them. Oh my goodness...you make me laugh out loud. Glad to see from one of your post that you were doing fine after your recovery from hear surgery.
You guys are the cutest couple. Can't wait to read and see photos of this trip to Disney. :surfweb:
Sheila

Welcome!!! Glad to have you here!!! Aww, thank you!!! :goodvibes

Oooohh! I would like a dark room!! I love the dark. And loud air conditioners. Is it my "I-haven't-had-a-good-night's-sleep-in-six-years-cause-I'm-a-mom" showing? Dark rooms and loud white noise ups my odds for three kids to sleep somewhat through the night, and that's awesome. I'm noting it on my list.

And my list consists of...pretty much any deluxe resort within walking or monorail distance from a theme park:lmao:. Seriously. I need help narrowing down the list. Brandon's pushing for Contemporary, but I have heard nothing on the darkness/air conditioner noise level of CR, so we'll see:laughing:.

I have to applaud your bladder size (gosh, never thought I'd type that:rotfl2:). I can't make it through carpool line without having to potty, and you make all the way from New Jersey!?! Bravo.
::Insert slow clapping here.::

Hahaha well then our room in Tokelau would be perfect for you!!!

Any theme park? Are you set on it being the MK, or is Epcot ok too? Because I've heard that the Beach Club is really fun for the kids (Stormalong Bay is there too!), although I think the rooms might be slightly brighter there with the theme! :laughing: In the MK area, even though I've only stayed at the Poly, that's what I'd probably recommend. Although you can walk to the MK from the Contemporary, which is pretty awesome. The Poly seems to have the most fun atmosphere out of the three though, at least to me. And their pool has a giant volcano!!

Hahaha I swear, my bladder is not usually that impressive! :laughing:

Well, next time can you PLEASE go to the bathroom somewhere between NJ and the Polynesian so I can have the full effect of your walk WITH pictures! :rotfl:

Those rooms are huge and the closet - to die for. What an awesome room and location. Very pretty!

Bring on Epcot!

:lmao: Alright, alright, I'll pause in my excitement next time at MCO! (Admittedly, you probably wouldn't have gotten too many "walking to the room" shots, we had a few pieces of luggage along with us!

The closets were seriously awesome. I loved that they lit up! The room really was great!

Straight ahead is Tahiti.

Looks like a nice place to sit and plan the day's activities. :cool2:

And maybe wave at an occasional passer-by. :wave2: 'Hi there! We're on vacation, too. In Disney World. At Poly. We're cool. :cool1: See ya in the parks or maybe scarfin' down some skewers at 'Ohana after while. Life is good. Maybe better than good.' ::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter