AGLET – We're Gonna Tour The World Together! Updated 11/9!!!

It seems like Wingnut forgot the plans.:lmao::lmao:

That is something that would happen to me. I am glad that you got the longhouse that you wanted. I can't wait to see what you thought of your room.

I'm signing on. I loved your bus exit story. My husband just doesn't understand either the feeling I get and how I don't want to miss a second of the disney magic. Hope you have a great trip. I enjoyed reading your last dining report :goodvibes

So, you just held your ME packet? If I were you, I would have been holding it over my head, pointing at it, and yelling, "You know what THIS is!?! That's right! My freakin' ME packet! Wooot!" Because, seriously, you deserve a little moment like that after all the stress of waiting on that stuff!:thumbsup2

I KNEW the tikis would not disappoint! I can't wait to see pictures! I'm trying to decide between several resorts right now, and that's one of them. I want every detail!!!

Too bad about no Wingnut lei pics. He won't reenact that for ya?:lmao:

Loved your plan (that Wingnut seems to have forgotten:rolleyes1) for exiting the bus! Seems like a rope drop FP dash to me, only for check-in counters. Awesome.

Magical Express sounds so fantastic. Like you just step off the plane and already you're immersed in Disney magic. Someday I'll go on ME, when I'm brave enough to deal with the buses for a whole trip! :laughing: I'm sure I'd be crying like a baby at the video!

OMG I am always so impatient waiting to get off any public transportation in Disney! I always want to be the first one off of anything!

Yay for getting Tokelau! If I ever stay at the Poly, I'm requesting that longhouse! :cool1:

Joining in! I'm surprised you didn't just wear the ME documents on a string around your neck after what you went through to get them.

I have to confess the assurance of full size snacks was one of the major points to fly Jet Blue for me. We have a 6:30 AM flight and Bradley is not known for having a lot of things open that early.

We also have a pre-disney day, since we are staying at an airport hotel to reduce the early wake up time.

I'm so glad you got the longhouse you wanted! I can't wait for pictures!

Love that the Tikis smiled on you!

You crack me up with your disembarkation plan, and finally the answer to the burning question, "When is a chivalrous BF a bad thing?" :rotfl:

Excellent installment...very funny!!

:lmao: We definitely found the answer to that question that day!!!

Thank you!! :goodvibes

That's awesome you got the building you wanted! :thumbsup2
And hooray for no check-in line! Online check-in is awesome! :woohoo:

and thanks for the warning about the bus video! those "surprise" videos make me cry too so now I know to be prepared.

It really is! Actually, there was no one in the regular check-in line either! I have no idea where all those people from the bus went!! :laughing:

No problem! I don't know why they get me like they do, but seriously, literally, EVERY time!!

PICTURES, WOMAN, I WANT PICTURES!!! OF THE POLY!!

:rotfl: OK, I'm done screaming now.

I almost clapped here, I'm so excited for you. :banana: First of all, because I'm thrilled that you were able to get there that much more quickly, but because I'm also hoping that the bus always goes in that order! :rotfl:

Yep...I pretty much do the same exact thing!

You got some great shots of the sign. Definitely sitting in the front helps.

Yup...this. I pretty much run from the second we get off the plane. Even pushing a stroller doesn't slow me down much. I have to admit that there is a second where all I'm thinking is, get me in, get me in and I truly feel like I'm a kid again.

I clapped when I read this. Seriously. I'm so excited for you! I requested Tokelau, too. Seemed best.

I would be, too! I can't wait to stay there. :yay: Also, can't wait to hear about and SEE pictures of the room! So happy for you that whole deplane/ME/check-in process went so well. :goodvibes

Alright, alright, I'm getting there!!! :lmao: I absolutely super-duper promise that there will be Poly pictures in the next installment!!!

I hope so too!! I really don't know how the science of the bus orders actually works! On the ME line sign, the Poly was listed like 3rd.

Hahaha I hit the ground power-walking too! It's like, you can't hold me back any longer!!

Again, Tokelau room pictures to come VERY soon! I was happy that everything went so smoothly too!!

OK, that whole exiting the bus scene was hilarious. And just for the record, I would totally be thinking the same thing. Get out my way, i have some checking in to do. What was Wingnut thinking making you wait all grumpy-like?? That was no time for chivalry to be sure.

Yay that you got the long house you wanted. So looking forward to reading more.

Right??? :rotfl: Doesn't he know we have things to do, snack credits to use?!?

:rotfl2: You ARE the bad one....Did you forget to read the memo? :rotfl2: OMG I am totally cracking up over wingnut not standing while the whole bus is unloading. That is so something Denny would do, but I would probably jump over him into the aisle. :laughing:

I'm so happy you got through check-in in a flash and that you got the long house you wanted. That's awesome. Oh - and I'm proud of wingnut for wearing his lei to the room and not ducking around the corner to take it off.

Love the Poly rooms - can't wait to see your room!

Hahahaha I'm always the bad one, I know. I didn't even think of jumping over him, I probably would have tripped and delayed the process FURTHER. :laughing:

Thanks!! I was VERY impressed he kept it on for that long too!

So excited you got the longhouse you wanted!

I was cracking up at that bus scene...TOTALLY something my boyfriend would do! He is also chivalrous, which is really cute and really endearing, but I would have vaulted over him if he'd done that! :rotfl:

Hahaha thanks! It's like, you can be sweet and polite another time!! :rotfl:

Sara, this update had me rolling!:laughing: My goodness, the sheer irony that it was Wingnut WINGNUT blocking you!:eek: Oh dear, I've been in those shoes before because DH is also very chivalrous and let's about 1,000 people go by before we can get out of our aisle. I suppose it's not the worst thing having a considerate man even though I secretly contemplated kicking him in the shin to get my point across...:rolleyes1 Move it buddy!

You clearly had great ME seats, good work! Your arrival pictures came out great, just seeing that happy arc signage is enough to make me giddy with excitement.

Ah, the tiki gods smiled upon you my friend.:thumbsup2 Tokelau is fabulous, we've stayed in that longhouse twice and it's fantastic. I believe they have the largest rooms at the Poly, right? Would you believe that even with it's very obvious central location, I still managed to get lost or turned around almost everytime we left?:headache: Ya, I'm great with directions.:sad2:

How cool that your rooms were ready, yay! Can't wait to see the picks.:goodvibes

Hahahaha exactly! It's wonderful that he's so chivalrous, but not when I've got places to be!! :rotfl:

I think that their rooms are on the larger end of the ones there, our room was pretty big! Oh, more on us getting lost to come. Many times. :laughing:

It seems like Wingnut forgot the plans.:lmao::lmao:

That is something that would happen to me. I am glad that you got the longhouse that you wanted. I can't wait to see what you thought of your room.

Seemingly!!! I thought he knew by now!! :rotfl:

Thanks!! :goodvibes

I'm signing on. I loved your bus exit story. My husband just doesn't understand either the feeling I get and how I don't want to miss a second of the disney magic. Hope you have a great trip. I enjoyed reading your last dining report :goodvibes

Welcome!!! :goodvibes Thank you! Hahaha exactly, I want to spend as much time at Disney as possible!!

Yay!! You made it! :cool1:

I am absolutely bursting with excitement! You must must must write more!

Haha thank you!!! I will, don't worry!!! :thumbsup2

Good Grumpypants.:rotfl: Glad you got the longhouse you wanted.

:lmao: Yeah, okay, I got slightly grumpy...but I still think it was for good reason!!

So, you just held your ME packet? If I were you, I would have been holding it over my head, pointing at it, and yelling, "You know what THIS is!?! That's right! My freakin' ME packet! Wooot!" Because, seriously, you deserve a little moment like that after all the stress of waiting on that stuff!:thumbsup2

I KNEW the tikis would not disappoint! I can't wait to see pictures! I'm trying to decide between several resorts right now, and that's one of them. I want every detail!!!

Too bad about no Wingnut lei pics. He won't reenact that for ya?:lmao:

Loved your plan (that Wingnut seems to have forgotten:rolleyes1) for exiting the bus! Seems like a rope drop FP dash to me, only for check-in counters. Awesome.

:lmao: I have a picture of you running through the airport waving your packet like a championship trophy! I should have done that! I just clutched it in my hand, afraid I'd drop it!

What other resorts are you deciding between? I will be posting room pictures in my next update, don't worry!

Hahaha sadly we left the lei's in the room! I SO should have taken a pic!

It WAS like rope drop!! I felt like I was training for the TSM dash! :laughing:

Magical Express sounds so fantastic. Like you just step off the plane and already you're immersed in Disney magic. Someday I'll go on ME, when I'm brave enough to deal with the buses for a whole trip! :laughing: I'm sure I'd be crying like a baby at the video!

OMG I am always so impatient waiting to get off any public transportation in Disney! I always want to be the first one off of anything!

Yay for getting Tokelau! If I ever stay at the Poly, I'm requesting that longhouse! :cool1:

ME for getting to Disney is great!! (We're not really fans of taking it back to the airport, it seems to cut the timing a bit close sometimes for our liking.) And it's free, and they pick up your bags for you! And you get a Disney video! :laughing:

Hahaha same here! There's more Disney to be seen! I can't stay on the bus! :rotfl:

Joining in! I'm surprised you didn't just wear the ME documents on a string around your neck after what you went through to get them.

I have to confess the assurance of full size snacks was one of the major points to fly Jet Blue for me. We have a 6:30 AM flight and Bradley is not known for having a lot of things open that early.

We also have a pre-disney day, since we are staying at an airport hotel to reduce the early wake up time.

I'm so glad you got the longhouse you wanted! I can't wait for pictures!

Welcome!!! :goodvibes

:laughing: I just held them REALLY tightly! Yes, JetBlue has pretty much as many bags of snacks that you want! And I think they have meals too, but they charge for them.

That's a good idea to stay at the airport hotel! You'll definitely be waking up early for your flight!

You made it! :woohoo:

Doesn't Wingnut realize that you are wasting ample Disney vacation time on the ME bus?! Sheesh! :laughing:

:banana::cool1: for getting Tokelau!!! I knew the Tiki Disney gods would be nice to you!!

:laughing: I like "hangry" although we usually use temper tummy. It's all the same!!! :rotfl2:
:lovestruc JB...just made my flight reservations for May with them. 7am departure landing at 945am. Can't beat that!! :thumbsup2
Oh and I am alllllll about getting off that ME bus! Watch out!! Happy everything worked out for you but it was quite an amusing description (I am sure not at the time) of your debarkation ;) Great score on getting the longhouse you wanted AND your room was ready :goodvibes Awesome way to start your trip!!

Tracy

popcorn:: joining in popcorn::

Welcome!! :goodvibes Glad to have you here!

You made it! :woohoo:

Doesn't Wingnut realize that you are wasting ample Disney vacation time on the ME bus?! Sheesh! :laughing:

:banana::cool1: for getting Tokelau!!! I knew the Tiki Disney gods would be nice to you!!

Hahaha I know, right??? Time's a' wastin!!

I was hoping they would be!

:laughing: I like "hangry" although we usually use temper tummy. It's all the same!!! :rotfl2:
:lovestruc JB...just made my flight reservations for May with them. 7am departure landing at 945am. Can't beat that!! :thumbsup2
Oh and I am alllllll about getting off that ME bus! Watch out!! Happy everything worked out for you but it was quite an amusing description (I am sure not at the time) of your debarkation ;) Great score on getting the longhouse you wanted AND your room was ready :goodvibes Awesome way to start your trip!!

Tracy

Temper tummy is a good one!! So many people have terms for it, I definitely don't feel alone!

Awesome flight times!!! That's what I always try to go for! :thumbsup2

Hahaha I was literally sitting there, partially annoyed, and partially like "this is going to make a GREAT story on the Dis..." :rotfl:

It really was a great way to start off the trip! Thanks!! :goodvibes

Tokelau, Tokelau, Tokelau!

As you already know, that was our building too. We were in room 2944. Pretty good location to us. :thumbsup2

I haven't been on the Dis much the past few days so I missed that you started your TR. Great start to your trip by getting there early and getting the building you wanted! :) Can't wait to read more!

oh, I just about died laughing at your bus story. I can totally picture it too! Um, that totally defeats the purpose of sitting in the front rows too if you aren't going to make a mad dash off the bus! Classic story.

I also love how you say that you were thinking it would make a great Dis story. I do that on trips too now. I start thinking, so and so would totally appreciate this moment. Love how their is such a nice friendly feeling here on the TR threads.

Anxiously awaiting pics of the Poly room.....(drums fingers impatiently on the table)

The bus driver then announced the order of the resorts we would be stopping at, starting with...

THE POLYNESIAN!!!! :yay::yay::yay:

(Yeah, I cheered and danced. A little. Quietly.)

It's always a good start when you get to be the first stop. :goodvibes

The usual bus video then played, and right before it started, I promised Wingnut that I wouldn't cry like the last time we were on the Magical Express bus and the video was playing and I was a slight mess.

But then the game changed entirely, and all bets were off.

SINCE WHEN DID THEY START PLAYING THE CLIPS OF "SURPRISE YOU'RE GOING TO DISNEY WORLD" AT THE BEGINNING OF THAT???

I can never ever ever ever see one of those without tearing up. I have no idea why. I blame the music. And not the fact that I'm a big ol' emotional sap.

I have been known to youtube Disney Surprise Trip and sit and bawl at the resulting videos that come up.

Wingnut and I actually have a system for disembarking the Magical Express bus, devised on our last trip. The second the bus parks, I shoot out of the bus like a cannon and powerwalk past any friendly greeter right to the check-in counter. Wingnut stands in my cloud of Wile-E-Coyote-style dust, retrieves the bags, and tips the ME driver. And then catches up with me eventually.

At least, that's what I assume he does. Once I take off, I don't look back.

Exactly what we do. We take the girls and John is left with the bags. Then when he gets in, he gets the girls and sits in the TV room with them while we finish.

Except this time he didn't watch them very well amd Bella escaped, as you know. :upsidedow

CM: Okay, your room is ready now, it's #.
Wingnut: Okay, great!
Me: Which longhouse is that in???

So, of course, to weigh my odds on the end of maximum potential disappointment, I started chanting "Tokelau. Tokelau. Tokelau." in my head, hoping that we would be placed there. But anywhere would be okay. "Tokelau. Tokelau."

CM: It's in Tokelau.

:yay::yay::yay::yay:

Hooray! :dance3:

I can picture your whole scene from MCO to Poly. Such an exciting time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter