AGLET – We're Gonna Tour The World Together! Updated 11/9!!!

So glad you guys made it on time AND got a pen! I love that you give Wingnut that particular pen every time he needs one...that is totally something I would do! :laughing:

That card is adorable!

HAHAHA leave it to Disney to sell such awesomely expensive pens. Two of which I own. (They were gifts, I swear!)

They give you souvenir pictures?! Why did I not know that?!?!

The card looks great! I love Ariel's signature too. She's my favorite. :) Happy almost birthday to your niece!

Glad you got a pen! And really, for a last-minute-heading-into-character-meal-forgot-my-pen-giftshop-saviour pen, it's not too expensive!
Awww I hope you update us on how much your niece loves her card! What a fantastic idea.
Breakfast looks good!

As much as a hassle it was to acquire a pen, I think it was worth it. Your niece is going to love that card! :thumbsup2

The card is great. She's going to love it!

Seriously...that was me EVERY NIGHT! We were in the Roger Rabbit building and I somehow ended up at the Foosball area one night...in the rain...when I had to pee REALLY bad! :guilty: I just could NOT figure that place out at all!

:rotfl:

That pen was definitely worth the $5! I bet your niece will love her card. I think my favorite autograph is Belle's, although Ariel's is cute too.

Great Post! I love the card idea :)

Thanks!!! I was happy I thought of it before we left!

Yay on finding a pen and getting your card signed !! :cheer2:

Wingnut really DOES pull off regal in that photo. It really is a good photo of him. Much better than the sticking-out-his-tongue,-quit-taking-photos-of-me pose.

I love your Figment shirt !!

Hahaha thanks!!!

Doesn't he??? He really does fit in! But I did get many more photos with the sticking-out tongue! :rolleyes1

Thank you!!! That's one of my favorite Disney shirts!

Your card idea was totally awesome. I would have dropped $5 for a pen too so I could succeed.

You look perfectly fine in your princess pictures! Not awkward. But I know what you mean. I felt like a total goober at CRT.

OMG Lingonberries. I love lingonberry stuff. Really don't care what, just love it.

Thanks!!! Oh, there was no question at that point!

Aww thank you! I felt pretty awkward! I'm glad I'm not the only one!

Lingonberries are awesome...they need more of a berry presence around NJ!

Seriously...that was me EVERY NIGHT! We were in the Roger Rabbit building and I somehow ended up at the Foosball area one night...in the rain...when I had to pee REALLY bad! :guilty: I just could NOT figure that place out at all!

OMG your morning travel to Epcot sounds like what we dealt with trying to get to Boma! We made reservations for breakfast at Boma on two different trips and BOTH times got there like 10 minutes late! They tell you to take a park bus from your resort to AK, and then take another bus from there to AKL. The problem is that there are a ton of buses running TO the parks in the mornings, but none that are PICKING UP from the parks. And the buses do not drop off and pick up in the same place so it's not even like we could flag someone down. We had to wait about 20 minutes just to find a CM to call dispatch and request a bus for us. A lot of people say that if you just ask the bus driver on the bus that is going to AK, most of the time they'll just take you right to AKL after they make the drop off at the park, but I've always been afraid to ask!

Glad you guys made it on time to Akershus and that you were able to find a pen! I will admit that I ALSO bought that pen when I found myself about to go meet characters and without a writing utensil. $5 is excessive for a dang pen but I guess they know that if people are desperate, they'll pay it. If I were you, I would have definitely just asked a CM at the restaurant! They charge the guests $5 for ONE and they get PACKS of them for free!

I have to admit, I've always wanted to try the breakfast at Akershus...We'll be staying at BWV next year so we'll be within walking distance to the IG. Do you think it's worth it?

Ugh how annoying getting to Boma!! The picking up from a park seems to be the tricky part at times. We were lucky last time we went, our bus driver just offered to drop us off at AKL - I think I'd be too shy to ask too!

Hahaha I swear, they probably have the best revenue from those pens! I wasn't sure if a CM would be able to give us one there, I didn't want to count on that option!

Yes, yes, yes! I think it is DEFINITELY worth it! One of the better breakfast buffets, in my opinion, plus you get into Epcot nice and early! Great use of credits on the DDP too, if you're going that route!

So glad you guys made it on time AND got a pen! I love that you give Wingnut that particular pen every time he needs one...that is totally something I would do! :laughing:

That card is adorable!

Hahahaha I really literally do. And he gives me the raised-eyebrow look every single time. It's like a routine at this point! :rotfl:

Thanks!!

HAHAHA leave it to Disney to sell such awesomely expensive pens. Two of which I own. (They were gifts, I swear!)

They give you souvenir pictures?! Why did I not know that?!?!

The card looks great! I love Ariel's signature too. She's my favorite. :) Happy almost birthday to your niece!

Hahaha SURE they were gifts! (To yourself!) ;)

Yes! You get the pictures included with the price of the meal, one large picture and two smaller sized ones.

Thanks!! All of their signatures are so pretty!

Glad you got a pen! And really, for a last-minute-heading-into-character-meal-forgot-my-pen-giftshop-saviour pen, it's not too expensive!
Awww I hope you update us on how much your niece loves her card! What a fantastic idea.
Breakfast looks good!

Hahaha I know, really, I probably would have spent $20 on a pen at that point.

(Shh. Don't tell Disney merchandising that!)

I definitely will!! :goodvibes

As much as a hassle it was to acquire a pen, I think it was worth it. Your niece is going to love that card! :thumbsup2

I think it was worth it too! I hope she does!

The card is great. She's going to love it!

:rotfl:

I think it's perfectly fit for a little princess! I hope so!

That pen was definitely worth the $5! I bet your niece will love her card. I think my favorite autograph is Belle's, although Ariel's is cute too.

Hahaha agreed, especially for the humor value it provides now here tormenting Wingnut! :thumbsup2

Belle's autograph is really pretty too!

Glad you were able to get a pen, sorry it was pricy, at least you are getting your money's worth out of it, LOL

That card is really cute, I love Ariel's "Hugs and Fishes" :)

OK - this is the second time I have done this with one of your updates. I look at it at work then later I forgot to go back and read it with the pictures and then I think I have already read it and posted. :faint:

I promise to read it with pics tonight!

A few minutes later, we were welcomed into the restaurant and waited in the area to meet Belle.

(Wingnut pulls off “regal” very well. I’m pretty good in my “girl who looks awkwardly out of place in a princess photo” role, if I do say so myself.)

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: OMG - that is too funny. Not your picture, but the comment! Wingnut does look pretty regal and you do look just a tad uncomfortable.

The only good thing about forgetting your pen is that you DID get a $4.95 Mickey pen that you would never normally buy (except for $2 at Walmart).

I love the card - its awesome and such a thoughtful idea. The food looks pretty good too!

Hahahaha I see nothing wrong with a mostly-butter soup! :thumbsup2

I used to love Oregon Trail! And there was the other one down the river, Amazon Trail? I always used to accidentally crash our raft into the sides of the river on that one. :laughing:

There was ANOTHER one??? :hyper: And I have to admit, after a point, my favorite part of Oregon Trail was figuring out how quickly I could kill everyone. Fording rivers was usually good for that. :rotfl2:

I cannot believe that your only option to get to EPCOT at that point was to take a cab. I'm sorry...but for what the Poly costs per night...that's just inexcusable. I know that a cab ride isn't that expensive, but...its the principle of thing, I suppose.

Love the card and you're right Ariel's signature is super cute!

Glad you were able to get a pen, sorry it was pricy, at least you are getting your money's worth out of it, LOL

That card is really cute, I love Ariel's "Hugs and Fishes" :)

Hahaha I plan to!!! I know, it's so cute! :goodvibes

OK - this is the second time I have done this with one of your updates. I look at it at work then later I forgot to go back and read it with the pictures and then I think I have already read it and posted. :faint:

I promise to read it with pics tonight!

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: OMG - that is too funny. Not your picture, but the comment! Wingnut does look pretty regal and you do look just a tad uncomfortable.

The only good thing about forgetting your pen is that you DID get a $4.95 Mickey pen that you would never normally buy (except for $2 at Walmart).

I love the card - its awesome and such a thoughtful idea. The food looks pretty good too!

Hahaha I always read updates real quick and forget to comment! :laughing:

I know, I'm definitely the third wheel in that picture! :rotfl:

I hope she likes the card!! The food was good! We were surprised at how great it was!

There was ANOTHER one??? :hyper: And I have to admit, after a point, my favorite part of Oregon Trail was figuring out how quickly I could kill everyone. Fording rivers was usually good for that. :rotfl2:

I cannot believe that your only option to get to EPCOT at that point was to take a cab. I'm sorry...but for what the Poly costs per night...that's just inexcusable. I know that a cab ride isn't that expensive, but...its the principle of thing, I suppose.

Love the card and you're right Ariel's signature is super cute!

Yes!! Amazon Trail was what we were allowed to play in Computer Lab in 5th grade after we finished our assignments. :laughing: (Oregon Trail was much better. Also, the person who I shared the computer with always took up more than their half of the time, so my game time was always cut short :rolleyes2)

I know, I really thought that was a bit ridiculous too. I guess it doesn't happen frequently enough for it to be an issue for them!

Great update! Ugh, sorry you had to pay $5 for a pen! Everything in Disney is so outrageously expensive! :rotfl: But at least you got the card signed, I love that idea! :thumbsup2

Your pics with the princesses are so cute! Haha, you do look a little out of place in the picture with Belle and Wingnut, but only because they look like they are about to go to the prom or something and you just popped in at the last second! At least you are brave enough to meet the princesses, I still can't do it! :bitelip:

Great update! Ugh, sorry you had to pay $5 for a pen! Everything in Disney is so outrageously expensive! :rotfl: But at least you got the card signed, I love that idea! :thumbsup2

Your pics with the princesses are so cute! Haha, you do look a little out of place in the picture with Belle and Wingnut, but only because they look like they are about to go to the prom or something and you just popped in at the last second! At least you are brave enough to meet the princesses, I still can't do it! :bitelip:

Hahaha I didn't really mind THAT much...I'm very forgiving of Disney prices, I guess! :rotfl: Thanks!! I hope she likes it!

LOL I just don't have the character picture thing down like Wingnut does, I guess! It really does look like I'm crashing their nice picture! :rotfl: I will admit, it was weird to meet the characters, but they didn't act like it was weird to meet us! (If that makes any sense at all!)

Like the good little park guests that we were, we dutifully made our speedy way in the direction of Soarin. The park had already been open for a few minutes, so we walked straight up into The Land and into the Soarin' queue (probably approximately 10 minutes at this point). Because I'm a pain, and feet gross me out, I requested we sit in the front row. We waited through one cycle of the ride, and then were led to the front center section!

While I do love Soarin', I will admit that it is a very brief ride for the hype, and the length of the queue itself (did you know that queue for Soarin' is a QUARTER MILE long? Not taking into account the hike to get into and through The Land pavilion.) Wingnut is in the group of people that can take or leave Soarin' completely, but I do like to go at least once during a trip.

After Soarin', of course, we then went over to one of our favorite rides, Living with the Land.

What can I say, I love a nice peaceful boat ride along harvests of lettuce and sturgeon.

I didn't take too many pictures during this ride, but I did make sure to get a picture of the Dragon Fruit. (During our previous trip, Wingnut bought one of the little dragon fruit plants from the teeny tiny store in the Land in the greenhouse environment, named it Planty (not knowing the Phineas and Ferb reference), transplanted him to dirt when he outgrew his little container, and we've been watching Planty grow since.)

Our Planty (the potted plant):

(Yeah, he's even in fancy cactus dirt. :thumbsup2)

Their Planty:

(That would only take up, oh, around half our living room...)

Supposedly (according to the Internet) our Planty wouldn't be able to produce fruit without being pollinated by bats or fruit flies. Which is SO not happening in our home. And if I put him outside in hopes of a random bat or fly coming by, more likely, he'd just get eaten by a squirrel.

We don't have a water lily. But they are pretty.

Of course, a picture of the 9 pound lemon.

(Does everyone remember when I actually did the math to figure out how much lemonade the 9 pound lemon would yield?) (Last comment)

Lettuce, Mickey-style.

Scientific hidden Mickey!

Towards the end of the ride, I was absolutely DETERMINED to get a picture of my most favorite ride part, the pictures of the people with the various fruits and vegetables. (I have a particular fondness for Blueberry Boy.)

And this is what I got.

Hurrying to try to get another picture before we floated past.

Not great, but still counts as a YAY!!!

After Living with the Land, I knew Wingnut was itching to go on one of his favorite rides, Universe of Energy.

(In typical Wingnut fashion, again, a ride that they warn you you will be on the ride for 43 minutes. Which, conveniently, was approximately the amount of time we had left until World Showcase opened.)

(I really do love the Ellen ride, I think she's fantastic. But you can't say it isn't long!)

(Also, I know this is a few days old, but did everyone see the Cinco de Mayo joke she played around her office?) :rotfl:

Waiting for the next show to start.

It's like a Stringbean and Wingnut puzzle!

We were let into the ride. The piggy bank. Dinosaurs. "What is rain."

And then we were back out into the sunshine! And heading to World Showcase, to a place we hadn't been before!

DH always says, every time on Soarin' that all they would have to do to eliminate the feet is to put a catch "tray" if you will all under the seats so that if you're in rows 2 or 3, all you would see would be a straight line. Low enough so that your feet still dangle. I'm with you, not so much feet in general, but strangers' feet give me the heebie jeebies.
Ellen is long. I usually save it for later, when I'm super tired and need the full 45 minutes off my feet!

A quarter mile long? EEK! I had no idea. I knew the queue felt long when we were there, but wow.... Good for you for waiting for the front row. You get the best ride that way, too, because nothing's obstructing your view. I happen to love Soarin'...it gets me...I feel transported, especially during that last pass over the beach in Malibu. :cloud9: But I will admit that it is a ride that could use an update. A slightly longer movie would be cool, as would a movie that travels around the world. But, I suppose, that if the movie were much longer, the lines would be that much longer.

Universe of Energy is one of Wingnut's favorite rides? Wow. I have to say, we should take Max through there this summer as he has developed a more keen interest in dinosaurs as of late and I'm kind of doubting he'll be tall enough for DINOSAUR in AK.

Can't wait to hear where you're headed in WS!

I have that same $5 pen! Isn't it amazing what we'll do/pay for something like a pen when you're in Disney? I can't say that I blame you though...you simply had to have a pen for the autographs.

You totally had me laughing about the people who look like food, because I love that part of he ride too! (my DH thinks I'm totally off the wall when I get excited for that part).

Do you remember a few years ago there was a commercial for something like cholesterol medicine, where the people dressed up to look like food (that caused cholesterol?), every time I watched that commercial I thought "They stole that idea from Living with the Land!":rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter