AGLET – We're Gonna Tour The World Together! Updated 11/9!!!

i can't wait to try La Cava in July! A friend of mine has me all hyped up on the Cucumber 'Rita so I'll be trying that one first!

I wonder how easy it will be for a party of 8 can request the front row on Soarin'?....since some of my party members will be experiencing it for the first time, I would love for it to be "feet free" for them.... The feet don't bother me THAT much, but I much prefer the front row!

I've never been on Ellen's Energy Adventure...and I had no idea it was 43 minutes long! (or that the Soarin' queue was 1/4 mile!) I always want to try it but we just never have...I highly doubt I'll be able to convince the rest of the mob to do it when we go in July but maybe next year when it's just the two of us again...

Isn't the Morocco pavilion gorgeous? :love: Being that there is a bathroom there and my DBF is lactose intolerant (but really likes ice cream...) I've spent many an afternoon sitting in that pavilion just looking around at everything. It really has a calming effect on me...maybe it's the pretty blue tiles...or the incense...:cloud9:

I have had both the ritas you guys tried and I definitely prefer the jalapeno. I loved the avocado flavor but I found the drink to be more of a snack than a drink. I was full after I had it.

I know I am certainly NOT brave enough for the habernero rita. Way out of my league so tell Wingnut I will NOT be trying one of those for him in June. I think I will probably go with the cucumber. :goodvibes

I am DYING to try La Cava de Tequila! I am totally a margarita girl and the avocado margarita is something I would definitely try. I'd try the jalapeno margarita, too, but I draw the line at the habanero one. :cutie: Wingnut is FAR braver than I!

I love the Morocco pavilion. My BFF studied abroad there for nine months and everything I see in the Epcot one, I have seen in her pictures. I love wandering around there! And all of WS, really...wow, I miss Epcot!

I found out the hard way once that La Cava didn't open until 12pm. We also showed up at 11:30am, and I was like "NNNOOOOOO!!!!!!!" We just hopped on the Gran Fiesta Tour to bide our time. :rotfl2:

Glad you liked the avocado margarita. I would never think to try it, but I think you described it well. But a habanero margarita? Woooo, no.

Haha, we made the same mistake with La Cava in December, so we just stood around and waited for it to open at 12! Seriously, just open at 11, what's that extra hour? :rotfl:

I'm glad you guys liked your margaritas, even though you wanted to switch! :rotfl: I'd like to try the jalapeno one someday, but I'm not sure I'm brave enough!

I love your pics of Morocco and the UK...I miss the World Showcase already! :( I haven't even been home a week!

Your pictures in the Morocco pavilion are great!

I must say, those fries look delicious. (What a riveting comment this is... :rotfl:)

There is so much to see in every country! I never feel like I see everything in any one, no matter how much time I spend. I think next spring, on my Two Old Ladies trip with another grandma friend, we will spend lots of time in Epcot. The little girls aren't too interested in the countries, of course, so when they are with me, we just do a little browsing and move on. Although, Brooklynn is becoming more and more interested with the displays as she gets older. :thumbsup2

I have to get my summer supply of cheap ponchos soon. (Summer trips require several, but we rarely use any on our fall and winter trips.) Less than six weeks to go! :cool1:

I know, I feel the same way! Every trip I find so many other things I hadn't seen before!

The cheap ponchos really did pay off for us, we used them so briefly! Yay for your trip coming up so soon!! :banana:

I had to laugh when you posted a picture of the survey marker. It's a big joke between DH and I. Everytime we go to Disney and DH spies a marker, he gives them a little push with his toe. He convinced that one day he will be able to get one to come out. LOL! I swear if they sold them as souvenirs, DH would definitely buy one.

I am definitely thinking that we need to try a margarita. Now the only question is which one. LOL!

Great report and can't wait to read more.

Hahahahaha I doubt those things are going to budge! That would be an awesome souvenir though!

Deciding between the list of margaritas really is the toughest part!

I just love World Showcase and I never feel like I spend enough time there ....

I know, I feel the same way!!

I'll never know myself, but those margaritas look enjoyable!
How disappointing that the brownie was dry :( It looked so good, had such promise!
I love wandering around the Moroccan pavilion. It's so pretty everywhere.

The brownie was a bit dry, unfortunately!! I definitely should have gone with something else!

The Morocco pavilion really is gorgeous, isn't it? :lovestruc

Yum, avocado margarita! Those are my favorite, but I try not to get one every time, so I can branch out and try them all. I haven't done the jalapeno one yet, so maybe that will be my next adventure. I was a little worried it would be super spicy, but if you guys give it the thumbs up, I think its worth a try!

Morocco is one of my favorite places to nose around in WS, there are so many out of the way nooks and crannies!

I didn't think that the jalapeno one was super-spicy, but I didn't drink the whole thing! I think you can ask for it to be milder or spicier.

Morocco really is gorgeous to wander around. I just love it too!

Ahhhhh.... I love the World Showcase.

Cava de Tequila became quite the hotspot for us last week. It's perfect- get out of the heat, drink a maragarita... we even had a delicious snack there!

I had wanted to try one of the snacks there, but Wingnut convinced me to try some of the other WS treats! But they did sound good!

i can't wait to try La Cava in July! A friend of mine has me all hyped up on the Cucumber 'Rita so I'll be trying that one first!

I wonder how easy it will be for a party of 8 can request the front row on Soarin'?....since some of my party members will be experiencing it for the first time, I would love for it to be "feet free" for them.... The feet don't bother me THAT much, but I much prefer the front row!

I've never been on Ellen's Energy Adventure...and I had no idea it was 43 minutes long! (or that the Soarin' queue was 1/4 mile!) I always want to try it but we just never have...I highly doubt I'll be able to convince the rest of the mob to do it when we go in July but maybe next year when it's just the two of us again...

Isn't the Morocco pavilion gorgeous? :love: Being that there is a bathroom there and my DBF is lactose intolerant (but really likes ice cream...) I've spent many an afternoon sitting in that pavilion just looking around at everything. It really has a calming effect on me...maybe it's the pretty blue tiles...or the incense...:cloud9:

I REALLY want to try the cucumber one next! It sounds awesome!

I'm not sure, I think if you get there early, I'm sure they'll do their best. The largest group we've asked for the front with is 4.

Yeah, Ellen isn't high on the list when you have lots of other rides to go on, but it is fun!

Oh, I've visited the Morocco bathrooms many a time as well! (I'm lactose intolerant too, I hear the whole "but pizza is soo good!" attitude! :rotfl:). But the rest of the pavilion is lovely to visit as well!

I have had both the ritas you guys tried and I definitely prefer the jalapeno. I loved the avocado flavor but I found the drink to be more of a snack than a drink. I was full after I had it.

I know I am certainly NOT brave enough for the habernero rita. Way out of my league so tell Wingnut I will NOT be trying one of those for him in June. I think I will probably go with the cucumber. :goodvibes

The avocado margarita really was a snack in itself! It was so rich! It was good to go back and forth between the two.

Well I'm very interested to hear how you like the cucumber one! (I'd never touch the habenero one either!)

I am DYING to try La Cava de Tequila! I am totally a margarita girl and the avocado margarita is something I would definitely try. I'd try the jalapeno margarita, too, but I draw the line at the habanero one. :cutie: Wingnut is FAR braver than I!

I love the Morocco pavilion. My BFF studied abroad there for nine months and everything I see in the Epcot one, I have seen in her pictures. I love wandering around there! And all of WS, really...wow, I miss Epcot!

You should definitely give it a try!! The margaritas were great!! Oh, he's much braver than I am with the spicy food too! :laughing:

Ugh I really miss Epcot too!! The Morocco pavilion is definitely one of my favorites!

I found out the hard way once that La Cava didn't open until 12pm. We also showed up at 11:30am, and I was like "NNNOOOOOO!!!!!!!" We just hopped on the Gran Fiesta Tour to bide our time. :rotfl2:

Glad you liked the avocado margarita. I would never think to try it, but I think you described it well. But a habanero margarita? Woooo, no.

LOL I don't see why it doesn't open at 11:30! (Or 11 :rolleyes1)

It really is worth a try! It doesn't taste like you're drinking guacamole, if that helps convince you further! :laughing:

Haha, we made the same mistake with La Cava in December, so we just stood around and waited for it to open at 12! Seriously, just open at 11, what's that extra hour? :rotfl:

I'm glad you guys liked your margaritas, even though you wanted to switch! :rotfl: I'd like to try the jalapeno one someday, but I'm not sure I'm brave enough!

I love your pics of Morocco and the UK...I miss the World Showcase already! :( I haven't even been home a week!

I agree, 11 sounds like a perfectly reasonable time to start drinking margaritas!! :thumbsup2

I didn't think the jalapeno one was very spicy, and I'm a bit of a spicy food wimp. I do think you can ask them to tone down the heat though. It was very good!

Awww, Epcot is very miss-able!

Your pictures in the Morocco pavilion are great!

I must say, those fries look delicious. (What a riveting comment this is... :rotfl:)

Thanks!!! Hahahaha they were good!! (I did feel lame for getting fries in the World Showcase, with all of the other snacks. But technically, they are "chips", so that's something! :thumbsup2)

That last picture is so pretty!

Thanks!!! I think that area of the World Showcase is one of my favorites! :cloud9:

Entertaining and informative! Your writing makes me laugh and I had no idea that soarin had a quarter mile queue. Also.. There is a secret door in morocco that is for a museum? Omg! How cool is that?! I am going to have to find it.

Glad you got the pen.. Even if it was pricey for a pen. That card is just to awesome!

I am going to try and hit the ditch on my next trip. I always have dd with me.... So I haven't. So.. You can take ritas to go? That might be the way for me to do it

All caught up!

I have Bistro de Paris reservations in October but rumor is they are canceling them and rescheduling people for Chefs de France... um... not the equivalent!! I hope that isn't true but if it is than I will probably add Le Cellier or Bluezoo instead...

Love that you had $2 ponchos... I have a Mickey one from DL that I will bring with me. Should probably think of something to bring for my hubby to use! Unfortunatly I try and travel lights in the park so if there is a chance of rain I guess I will need to bring a bigger bag.

I have seen some Jalapeno Margarita pics with far more Jalapeno's so maybe you can get them spicier?!? Spicy isn't my thing so I wouldn't be going there. The Avocado one sounds interesting though!! And yes... You would think it would open at 11:00! I've heard that before!

Entertaining and informative! Your writing makes me laugh and I had no idea that soarin had a quarter mile queue. Also.. There is a secret door in morocco that is for a museum? Omg! How cool is that?! I am going to have to find it.

Glad you got the pen.. Even if it was pricey for a pen. That card is just to awesome!

I am going to try and hit the ditch on my next trip. I always have dd with me.... So I haven't. So.. You can take ritas to go? That might be the way for me to do it

Thank you!! Yes! The "secret" Morocco door (I should have taken a picture) is across from Tangerine Cafe - there's a very small little plaque next to it with the name of the exhibit.

Yes, you can take the margaritas to go! Delicious and convenient! :thumbsup2

All caught up!

I have Bistro de Paris reservations in October but rumor is they are canceling them and rescheduling people for Chefs de France... um... not the equivalent!! I hope that isn't true but if it is than I will probably add Le Cellier or Bluezoo instead...

Love that you had $2 ponchos... I have a Mickey one from DL that I will bring with me. Should probably think of something to bring for my hubby to use! Unfortunatly I try and travel lights in the park so if there is a chance of rain I guess I will need to bring a bigger bag.

I have seen some Jalapeno Margarita pics with far more Jalapeno's so maybe you can get them spicier?!? Spicy isn't my thing so I wouldn't be going there. The Avocado one sounds interesting though!! And yes... You would think it would open at 11:00! I've heard that before!

Oh no!!! No, that is definitely not the equivalent! Hope you can switch to somewhere else you'd prefer!

I'm very bad at reusing ponchos after a trip is over, they're always all crumpled and not folded nicely, we just usually get rid of them before we leave. (I know, wasteful...:sad2:)

So have I!! I didn't notice the amount of jalapeno's in his margarita, but I'm sure he could have asked for it to be spicier! And yes, I vote that they should open at 11 too! :thumbsup2

All caught up :cool1:

As usual I have enjoyed all the witty comments, food reviews and cute banter :thumbsup2

Thank you!!! :)

Once we re-entered Future World, it was time for one of Wingnut's must-do's, Club Cool! (Or, "the soda place", according to Wingnut.)

Me, I stick with the nice and lovely Kinley. Wingnut is the adventurous one of our duo, and likes to sample them all, including the Beverly.

Yes, on purpose.

I have no idea what one he was drinking here, but it doesn't seem to be getting a rave review.

Another cup of Kinley for me! :thumbsup2

Even though he's had it before, Wingnut wanted to try the Beverly again. I did the responsible thing, and made sure my camera was on ::yes::.

He looks thrilled, doesn't he?

"It started off nice, with a juniper flavor. But then it has a terrible chemical flavor."

Best to wash that down with something tastier and move along!

We started making our way out of Epcot.

It was around this point that I thought, "why are we leaving so soon???" (The timestamp on the previous photo says 2:08 PM.)

I asked Wingnut if he was up to staying for a bit longer (he was), and so we turned back around into the park, and decided what to do next.

Clearly, since I was still wearing my Figment shirt, Journey Into Imagination was a logical choice!

Sing it with me! IMAAAAAAAAGINATION! IMAAAAAAAAAGINATION! A dream can be a dream come true, with just that spark, in me and you!

Amazingly, I made it out of the gift shop without buying more Figment merchandise, and we decided to hop on Spaceship Earth and then head back to the Poly.

In the future, there are spaceships!

Our dome home will have nice foliage.

My head just does not like to line up properly on these little cartoon people. (Wingnut's, OF COURSE, is perfect.)

(Stupid Judy...ahem...Wingnut.)

Apparently we really like our spaceship.

WAIT NOW IT'S A SUBMARINE.

Hard to see, but in the future, we're amazing deep-sea explorers.

After Spaceship Earth, we decided to ACTUALLY return to the Poly!

I love Figment. It makes me happy. And Spaceship Earth. I love them. Must do every time we go.

Yum, I love Club Cool! My favorite is the one from Costa Rica, have you tried that one? :thumbsup2

I really want that Figment shirt, I wonder if they still have it? There is not enough Figment merchandise in Epcot. :sad2:

LOVE Spaceship Earth! Except I can never show our pics from our "future" because we go out of our way to make the worst faces in the pictures! :rotfl2:

Great update!

Club Cool... I am with Wingnut.... I drink the beverly on purpose.

Pictures on SSE... I never am able to get a good one taken either. I often look like the undead..pale and snarling.

I tried the Beverly on purpose in January, too...because I knew it was terrible and no one likes it, so I had to remember why :laughing:

I looooove Imagination!! It's definitely a must-do for me!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter