• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Agent P's World Showcase Adventure in Epcot on busy days?

MelissaMakesCakes

Earning My Ears
My kids (5, 8, 10) have seen the ads on Disney channel talking about Agent P's adventure thing in Epcot. We are going to be there in a couple of weeks and I am just wondering if this is something that is good or bad to do when its crowded? We always try to get to the park at rope drop. Is it something we should do first thing or later in the day? We will probably break in groups to do it because not everyone in our party will be interested. How long should I plan for this. Where is the best country to do it? Can you even choose that? Any information would be appreciated. I am clueless.

Thanks In Advance!

I think this would be a good activity to do while it is busy in the park. The only worry might be that they are all out of cell phones to use; I'm not sure if this ever happens.

You can spend anywhere from 20 minutes to several hours doing this. We just did one country (Japan), and it took us about 30 minutes to finish. Yes, you can choose which country to do. When you finish with one country, it asks you if you want to stop or to do another.

It is super fun. I highly recommend it! (Since we just did Japan, I can't compare the different countries.)

There are differences when the park is busy and there are more people playing the game:

1. After you complete your first mission, you will not get the option of picking another country to complete another mission -- you will be instructed to return your cell phone. The cell phones get put in specially marked drop boxes that are located in each country.

2. There will be other people standing at each specific spot while you're trying to complete your mission. You might need to wait a bit so you're not playing your message while they're playing their message or you might even need to wait if there's something that you need to touch and interact with. It's not just the people that are playing the missions that will be in your way though, I don't think that completing the missions would be that much fun if the country that you're in is jam packed with people. The mission requires you to go to about 5 locations in a country often back tracking and criss crossing.

When you sign up for a mission, you can pick what country you want to go to and the CM will assign your cell phone for that country. You have about 20 minutes to get to that country to start your mission. If you wait too long to start your mission and you don't ask for more time, your cell phone might time out and you'll need to return to the sign up kiosk and get your cell phone re-programmed.

After you get to the country that your mission is, you'll be instructed what to find. You'll be shown a picture that corresponds to something in the country -- it might be the picture of a shop, a display cabinet, a landmark. You need to go to each spot that is indicated and then follow the instructions. What you need to do at each location varies: often times you will activate a display. Sometimes you will be given a secret code that you need to enter into your cell phone (Mexico). The fun part of the game is that the displays or landmarks are not marked in any way that they have something to do with Agent P -- it really is like you're completing a super secret spy mission.

I don't think there is one "best" country. Each country offers something different -- they all seemed fun to my 9 year old son. I didn't play but I've watched him play all of the Kim Possible missions and all of the Agent P missions -- the interactive stuff that occurs with each mission is really fun and surprising. It definitely was addicting for my son so you might want to have a talk with the kids before hand if you're only going to let them do one country so that they're prepared. We live here and have annual passes so time wasn't a factor for us. I actually enjoying taking a rest in the country and letting him run around the country completing the mission. I think it really is geared to kids 5 - 12 years old.

If you have more than one kid playing, I would still just get one phone and share the mission by taking turns. Everyone can still listen to the audio and read the subtitles with one person holding the phone. If each kid takes a phone, be aware that you all won't be going to the same locations in that country because the locations are random. 4 or 5 people hovering over one phone probably isn't good either and would get frustrating -- maybe break up into teams and just have a meeting place for when you're done with the mission.

You need to show one park ticket per cell phone when signing up for the first mission.

Here is a link with more information:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/attractions/epcot/agent-p-world-showcase-adventure/

I too recommend this as well. If you are going to wdw anywhere from April 10 th to beginning of may it shouldn't be too busy in the parks. With that said we did it during the day just after lunch and once we ended probably about n hour before park closure.

Neither were busy. All missions are fun. I would say each took around 20- 30 minutes or so. This is perfect time for you to sit back and relax while the kids do there thing. Unless of course you wanna play...lol.

Fyi. We thought that :
Germany was #1 followed by UK, then France......All are different but very fun:thumbsup2

We just did this and my 13 year old daughter and I really enjoyed it. Definitely a hidden gem in the park.

We will be there the last week of March so I expect it to be very busy. Thanks for all your feedback.

Yes March will be a lil busy but im sure you'll be able to have no problem getting a few missions done. I would rush to do TT and or Soarin before heading over to do agent p.

We were in Epcot last week, at the start of Spring Break season. The only caution I would give you is that you won't get to "discover" a lot of the landmarks because there will be so many people playing the Agent P adventures that you will see them all at the assigned places as you walk around. It won't distract too much from the fun, but you do lose a bit of the sense of discovery.

We did UK, China and Norway, and I think the UK mission was the most fun.

We did all the KimPossible missions and can't wait to do the Agent P ones now. My question is, are they completely different missions since the changeover but just use some of the same locations? I'm hoping so.

LetsDoDisney! said:
We did all the KimPossible missions and can't wait to do the Agent P ones now. My question is, are they completely different missions since the changeover but just use some of the same locations? I'm hoping so.

The missions are different stories--like using the characters from Agent P instead of Kim Possible. But the effects are the same--the toy soldiers, the beer steins, etc. We didn't do all the countries(it's much more popular now) but from what I saw only the story changed. My kids didnt mind a bit.

I don't think that completing the missions would be that much fun if the country that you're in is jam packed with people. The mission requires you to go to about 5 locations in a country often back tracking and criss crossing.

So true. From what I recall, Norway is particularly obnoxious in this way. Getting into the area of Norway between Kringla and Akershus is crowded and difficult even on light days, with people going every which way and posing for pictures and waiting in line for the restaurant...and you have to go back and forth from there. :headache: But it's good to know that ahead of time so you're not surprised!

The missions are different stories--like using the characters from Agent P instead of Kim Possible. But the effects are the same--the toy soldiers, the beer steins, etc. We didn't do all the countries(it's much more popular now) but from what I saw only the story changed. My kids didnt mind a bit.

:thumbsup2

Glad I read these post. We go in 2 weeks and can't wait. My 9 yr old son loves Agent P.

I saw OP mentioned doing this first thing in the a.m. but I don't think anyone mentioned that you can't do it before 11:00 (when WS opens)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter