Afternoon Tea dining times

goofy78

DIS Veteran
I am booked for afternoon tea at the Grand Floridian in August. My time is 12:25. Disneys website says it's from 2-5 and on another forum someone has the same time as me but another poster seems to think she is booked for the princess tea party for kids. I'm assuming since 12:25 was available they must have opened more times? Does anyone have any experience with getting an earlier reservation than 2:00? Thanks!

Are you absolutely sure you're booked for the Afternoon Tea? 12:25 does not sound right.

I would double check to make sure your reservation is for "Afternoon Tea at Garden View Tea Room" and not "Grand Floridian Cafe". Like you said, afternoon tea has always been from 2-5pm but it wouldn't be the first time that Disney changed something and didn't communicate it. The "Perfectly Princess Tea" is at 10:30am, I believe.

And the funny thing is, when I go online to see if that time comes up for any other day, Stitch ate the page! Other restaurants can be viewed fine!

Yeah you're booked for the right thing, it's just that 12:25 is an odd time for it. Is your reservation for a Saturday or Sunday? I'm thinking maybe they have made more times available for weekends possibly?

It's a Tuesday. I can try calling to double check, but I felt more confident asking here. I hate knowing if I call I might not get the correct answer. Thanks!

Are you absolutely sure you're booked for the Afternoon Tea? 12:25 does not sound right.

1) Hours: 2:00pm-5:00pm, except December when hours are 1:00pm-5:00pm.
2) Any early could be the My Disney Girl's Perfectly Princess Tea Party priced at Adult: $98.66, Child: $234.98
3) Let me know our exact date, so I can look it up in case there has been a change in Afternoon Tea hours.

Did a little digging and it seems Tuesday's have hours of 12-5. Hope it's not a glitch!

I have an earlier reservation in early August too. When I called with the same question, the CM spent some time looking and found there are certain dates in August where the times start at 12. She was surprised as well! My reservation is in early August, so if we run into issues, I will post.

I have an earlier reservation in early August too. When I called with the same question, the CM spent some time looking and found there are certain dates in August where the times start at 12. She was surprised as well! My reservation is in early August, so if we run into issues, I will post.

Great. Would you mind reporting back even if you don't run into any problems?

As an FYI - my reservation, on Tuesday, Oct 6th is for 12:40. Apparently, they are adding additional hours based on the time of year, events, etc. At least that's what the CM told me when I called to verify the time!

Enjoy!!

I had an early reservation last August when it was in Citricos for the refurbishment. We had it as our lunch that day then went into MK for the parade - it worked well!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter