Afternoon Tea dining times

My rservation for November is 2:20pm. There were no reservations offered before 2pm

1) To this mind, I can't find rhyme-nor-reason why the early start-times on just a few dates, unless it is some kind of a trial.
2) Why not open earlier?
. . . some folks would do "The Tea" as a luncheon
. . . the people are variable expense and can just come in earlier
. . . the tea and food are variable expenses
. . . the room is a fixed expense and available
3) Like when McDonald's started Breakfast, why not use a fixed expense for other meals, since it is already there and available?

I just checked the 2 dates I am interested in - Sunday Sept 13th the search time starts at 2 PM, and Tuesday Sept 15 (a party day) the search time starts at noon. Neither had availability before 3:55.

I just got a 12:44 reservation for 9/29, originally I had one for 3 on 9/30 and was just checking to since if anything opened up on 9/29. I wanted that day but when I first booked nothing was available. I'm good with that early since I do use it for my lunch.

My reservation is at 12:05 on October 20th. I called and spoke to a CM since we have tea every trip and we know that Garden View isn't open till after 2 (I thought I accidentally purchased a Princess Tea or something). She reassured me that the time was correct and that I wouldn't have a problem.

I booked for Tuesday 9/1 at 12:40 and the dining line insists that the timing is correct for Tuesdays and other select days. Looking forward to hearing if anyone has actually experienced this yet. I will report back my experiences next month! Thanks!

Well we had our tea at 12:40 today and it was lovely! Very glad we went. And it was the regular afternoon tea. Enjoy everyone!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter