• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

After The Final Rose: The Beast Gets Married- A Nov 2015 Honeymoon PTR *Updated 04/02*

A Little Magical Decorating
It's hard to believe that 5 years ago today, my DF and I were at Walt Disney World celebrating 5 years together. We had such a wonderful trip, but I knew it would be a long time before we went back. In just a few weeks, we'll be there again celebrating our marriage. Happy 10 years together, my sweet prince!

My co-worker and I were recently discussing decorating the Magic Bands. I told her about some of the cool ideas I had seen on Disboards, but she told me to take a look on the store. So, I got online, pushed a few buttons, and voila! My latest purchase:

I, of course, will be wearing the bride and bells while my Beast gets the tuxedo. I'll be ordering our bands soon. Can't wait to see what they look like. Until next time!

A lot of the booths have changed their menus since the last time we were there but some of my favorites were the cheese soup & filet from Canada, the Kalua pork slider from Hawaii, the apple strudel from Germany, and the ravioli from Italy. SOOOO GOOOD!!!!

A lot of the booths have changed their menus since the last time we were there but some of my favorites were the cheese soup & filet from Canada, the Kalua pork slider from Hawaii, the apple strudel from Germany, and the ravioli from Italy. SOOOO GOOOD!!!!

Mmm, sounds good. If we see any of these, we'll have to give them a try!

Two Weeks To Go!
We are officially one week away from Wedding Day! It's so hard to believe that after a whole year of planning and a decade spent together, I finally get to marry my best friend and love of my life in only 7 days.

After that, though, in just two short weeks, we will be starting our Disneymoon!

Our Magic Bands are here! We have all our paperwork together. We have made most of our FP reservations. However, I was a little disappointed in those. We have the Park Hopper pass so we plan on hopping around quite a bit, but I didn't realize that Fastpasses only allow you to make them for one park. We were able to score some we really wanted like Test Track, Toy Story Mania, and Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. However, we couldn't get Seven Dwarfs Mine Train. That's okay, though. We left the last 2 days open as we're not sure where we're going those last days and want to just wing it. However it works out, I'm sure it will be great.

For my bridal shower, one of my sweet friends gave me the bridal Minnie Mouse ears. Love them! I ordered the matching Tuxedo ears for Jason. We used to joke a long time ago that one day we would spend our honeymoon in Disney and wear those. Looks like we really are!

Next update will probably be right before we leave. Can't wait! :jumping1:

Just caught up! Almost wedding time! And Disney time! Not sure how you are handling the excitement of both right now! We will be honeymooning November 2016 as well. Hoping you do a TR so I can live vicariously through you to help get me through the next year and just so I can take in every details for tips and what not.

ADRs are all made but I definitely recommend making sure you have room for F&W! Just so much to eat!
Is the wedding a huge blow out now or did you still manage to keep it under control? (If that's okay to ask!)

I'm very overwhelmed if I'm being honest. I'm both ready for it to get here and terrified about there not being enough time. I'm worried about the weather, the decorations, the guests having a good time. You name it, I'm worried about it. The point is, though, we will be married and that's what's important. I'm extremely excited about that.

I will be doing both a TR and food report. I enjoy those.

Yes! I am so excited about F&W. We will make sure to try plenty of snacks.

You're fine to ask anything you wish. I have tried to keep it in control. My fiance thinks it's a "wedding monster" because it is so much bigger than we originally wanted, but it is easy to get swept away during all the planning. I didn't realize how much is really involved in planning. Believe me, I've had more fun planning the trip! Still, it's not totally out of control haha.

I'm very overwhelmed if I'm being honest. I'm both ready for it to get here and terrified about there not being enough time. I'm worried about the weather, the decorations, the guests having a good time. You name it, I'm worried about it. The point is, though, we will be married and that's what's important. I'm extremely excited about that.

I will be doing both a TR and food report. I enjoy those.

Yes! I am so excited about F&W. We will make sure to try plenty of snacks.

You're fine to ask anything you wish. I have tried to keep it in control. My fiance thinks it's a "wedding monster" because it is so much bigger than we originally wanted, but it is easy to get swept away during all the planning. I didn't realize how much is really involved in planning. Believe me, I've had more fun planning the trip! Still, it's not totally out of control haha.

As you said you being married is the most important part! From what I have read/heard something usually goes a little wonky, hopefully minimally, but all your friends are just happy and excited to be there for you and will have a good time for that reason alone! (And if they don't they suck and not worth worrying about!) lol, these are the kinds of things I also have to remind myself as I start out my planning.

Yay for TR! Looking forward to it!

Hope you have a splendid wedding! Just remember its all about you two!!! lolz

As you said you being married is the most important part! From what I have read/heard something usually goes a little wonky, hopefully minimally, but all your friends are just happy and excited to be there for you and will have a good time for that reason alone! (And if they don't they suck and not worth worrying about!) lol, these are the kinds of things I also have to remind myself as I start out my planning.

Yay for TR! Looking forward to it!

Hope you have a splendid wedding! Just remember its all about you two!!! lolz

Yes, I anticipate wonky. Unfortunately it is supposed to be cold and rainy. Hoping so much that it doesn't until after the ceremony. Thank you! I'll be sure to post pictures.

Pre-Plans

I thought I'd share some of our daily plans, starting with Day One before it's really Day One. . .

While we are checking in to Carribean Beach on 11/8/15, we are leaving home on Saturday, 11/7/15. That's only 9 days from today! pixiedust:

We are driving down to Florida. We've flown in the past, but we really prefer to drive because we can pack the way we like without worries of airport security, checking in bags, and concerns about souvenirs. We may lose the convenience of a quick trip, but the 10 hour drive won't be so bad. We recently had to purchase a new vehicle so we're happy to have something reliable to get us there. My beloved fiance (almost husband!) does not like to stop for breaks. We will have our snacks in the car, and only stop for gas. We hope to get to Orlando by around 3 in the afternoon.

I booked a hotel room at the Westgate Blue Tree Resort, which is a 1-bedroom suite. I booked through Orbitz, as I always do for rooms for our vacations outside of Disney World. I had enough rewards built up and a promotion that I only paid around $60 for the night. It looks like a really nice place, though I'm not concerned about that. We're basically going to be there to shower, sleep, and prepare for our trip! Also, it's only 10 minutes from Disney Springs.

We have rarely had the chance in the past to do much shopping at Downtown Disney. I'm looking forward to seeing the new Disney Springs and take our time shopping around. We are going to have dinner there, though I'm not sure where. I have several coupons for restaurants like Earl of Sandwich (yum!), Bongos, Planet Hollywood, House of Blues, Fultons, and a few more. Planet Hollywood we have at home so I'm thinking we'll choose someplace else. Maybe Ragland Road! So many choices. . . :faint:

We did receive a Disney gift card as a wedding present. I'm not sure how we'll spend it yet, but probably toward something we can keep. Maybe something for our home.

Next up. . . the Real Day One.

The Real Day One

On Sunday, 11/8/15, we officially check in to Caribbean Beach Resort, and our Disney vacation begins. :stitch:

Here is the lineup for the day:

7:00 A.M.-- Be up, dressed, and check out of Westgate Blue Tree Resort

8:00 A.M.--- Check in to Caribbean Beach. I know the room won't be ready, which is fine, but we'll be ready to head over to the parks. I have already checked in online. Also, I received a letter in the mail informing us that parts of the resort are going to be closed for refurbishing. I've never been there so I don't really know what I'm missing. :confused3

Then it's off to. . . The Magic Kingdom! pixiedust:

I think I've always started and ended my trips at The Magic Kingdom. I can't wait to see the new Fantasyland! We werent' able to snag any ADRs for BOG, but we're going to stop by since my beloved associates himself with Beast. I did get Fastpasses for the morning:

Jungle Cruise-- I know it's corny, but it's a classic. Jason has never ridden it; it's been years for me.

Big Thunder Mountain Railroad-- We love this one!

Under The Sea--Journey of the Little Mermaid-- Okay, I have waited 27 years for this ride. On the special features of the DVD, the virtual ride was featured. This will be a special moment for me.

1:30 p.M.-- We're having our first lunch at Teppan Edo. Yay! After eating, I'm certain we will pass the time shopping at Mitsukoshi. That's one of our favorite stores.

I don't have any other big plans for the afternoon except for snacks at F&W and maybe Eat to the Beat.

7:30-- Chefs de France dinner--first time there. Looking forward to it.

That's all for now!

Ahhhh!!! You're almost there! Good luck with everything and I can't wait to read your TR when you get back. Take deep breaths and just remember that everything is out of your hands now. Now matter what happens, you guys will still be married and will have a fantabulous Disneymoon!!

Ahhhh!!! You're almost there! Good luck with everything and I can't wait to read your TR when you get back. Take deep breaths and just remember that everything is out of your hands now. Now matter what happens, you guys will still be married and will have a fantabulous Disneymoon!!

Thank you! I needed to hear that. We had quite a few hiccups along the way, but we are married now. That's what counts.

Hope things are went and are going well. I'm anxious to read about it all!!

Thank you! I'm counting down the hours.

I'm a Married Spud

Well, folks, we did it! We braved the cold, rain, and fog, defied the drama, held our chins up high, and walked down the aisle together. It was a long road (I have the muddy dress to prove it,) but at the end of the night I became a wife to my husband and that’s what truly matters. By the way, I have a LOT of cake left. Who wants yummy cake? I’ll post some pictures when I come back for my TR.

It’s 2:31 A.M. I should be sleeping, oh yes, but who can sleep on a night like this? I’M GOING TO DISNEY!!!!!!!! In one hour. . .

This may have been the longest week of my life. Once the wedding was over, we were both instantly in Disneymoon mode. But I started to feel a little weird on Tuesday. No fever, just run down and scratchy throat. I could understand why I was feeling so tired, but I was burning up and felt more like crawling to patients’ rooms than walking. Think, The Grinch, when he’s slinking around stealing things and crawling on his belly. I have an extensive history of Strep Throat. As a child I had it 16 times (my mom says 23, who knows) from the ages of 5 until they removed my tonsils at 13. Ah, Blissful relief. Then, my body plotted against me and I had it in February. Then again 6 weeks ago. . . hang on, this shouldn’t be happening. Body, what are you doing to me? I take the little swab, cram it down my throat, and voila. . . the line turns pink instantly. That’s not a good thing. I have Strep, again, 5 days before my honeymoon. WHAT!!!!!!! Nooo. . . the good news is, I’m able to start antibiotics quickly. The even better news is that my culture came back negative so I guess it was a false positive? Who knows, but yay, I’m all clear and hopefully neither of us will be sick during our vacation.

I had the intentions of finishing up with posting our daily plans, but time just slipped away. So, I guess those are a surprise for the actual TR. My husband (he he, I’m like a 2-year-old with a new word. . . my husband, my husband) thinks he is going to throw a wrench in my plans and keep me from Disney Springs in about 15 hours, but oh, no, we are going. He is going to put on his marching shoes and waltz around the district with me. I mean it!

We are all packed and ready to go. I will miss my sweet 4 legged angels, Dixie (the diva dog) and Evie (the wee devil, we call her, but she’s a ferret.) I’m patiently (ha!) waiting for Jason to wake up in 45 minutes. We should be on the road in an hour. HOORAY!!!

So, I’m bidding adieu for now. I can’t wait to share our upcoming trip with you all. Thank you for reading. Away we go. . .

As Mickey says,

See you real soon.

Congratulations on becoming husband and wife! So exiting and fun!

Boo to being sick before leaving. Always a fear of mine. I can totally under stand after so much running around before the wedding it can take its toll and run you down a little. Happy you are mended and good to go!

And yay Disneymoon!!!!!!!!!! Have a most wonderful and awesome time!! Can't wait for the TR!!

Congratulations on your wedding!!! I could tell you all the mishaps at our wedding but just remember it gives the wedding memories character. ;) Hope you guys are having a wonderful Disneymoon and I hope you are feeling better!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter