After 15 years, it's almost here - We're going back to WDW!! (May PTR)

Hey FF,

I am sort of interested in hearing more about this RideMax thing. I think I have read somewhere that it plans down to the minute??? Might be a little much for me, if that is the case?? Anyway as far as rides, we used Fast Pass like it's suppose to be used. First thing we did when we entered the park was get our first one. Then as soon as it stated we could get the next one we did and so on (whether we had used the other or not, after a certain time you are allowed to get the next set and we did!!). Either Tracy or (mostly) I would just run and get them, while the other stayed with the girls and did some other "little" thing like the girls playing in one of the playgrounds, etc.(that neither of us minded missing...LOL). So, we never waited any length of time to ride ANYTHING, even though it was crowded. I am anxious to hear if RideMax has a better way to avoid the lines, without just going to get Fast Passes when you "should" or skipping parades, etc.?? We also worked it to where we saw every show we wanted to see, by just staying in that area and doing the other stuff there, until we caught the show we wanted to get into. I sort of got tickled with folks getting Fast Passes for the shows......since there is such a big turn over of folks at the same time, if you show up while they are moving one crowd out and the next one in......NO WAIT!!

Basically, RideMax is just what you described. You choose what you want to ride and see. You choose when you are arriving and when you are planning on leaving the park. It sets up a schedule for you. It's nothing you could not do without a map of the park, park hours, and the time schedules of the shows you want to see.

Hey FF,

Don't know if you have decided which park yet (epcot or MK) for that first day, but I realized you asked me a question that I haven't answered yet! Sorry!!

I'm not the best one to ask about Epcot. We only had one meal there. Everybody asks if we ate at Seasons, but we didn't. I take it that it must be pretty good though, since everybody ask?? I did walk through it going to Soaring if that counts!! The only CS we ate while at Epcot was in Mexico at the Cantina de San Angel. I think the only reason we chose it was because we weren't going to tour World Showcase, but it would allow us to at least show the girls a part of it?? The food was OK (nothing to write home about and yes, I would eat there again.......however, I am NOT a picky eater...LOL) I did enjoy sitting out by the lake and just enjoying the water and people watching. I am guessing that there are probably some wonderful options around the World Showcase, but since we didn't tour that part, I'm not much help!! Sorry!!

We did eat a good amount of meals in MK, as well as at DHS. As far as MK, I think my best meal was at Pecos Bills. I had taken the girls to sit, while Tracy grabbed our food, when she brought the Taco Salad, I looked at it and though, yuck!! Didn't have much meat in it. After I got to the fixin bar and loaded it down, it turned out to be a great Taco Salad. WE also had food from Casey's corner (though from reading your report, you probably aren't into hot dogs...LOL....we are OK with them!!) We ate at Cosmic Rays too. I know Bean loves it, I wasn't overly impressed. I just had a burger and thought.....it was dry (wish I had ordered something else). We also had a meal from the Terrace Noodle Station and thought it was fine. I really do think Flame Tree at AK was the best CS we had.....loved the food and loved sitting across the water from Everest. I know some despise the "birds and ducks", but we thought we were saving them.....there were some younger children, whose parents were allowing to run rampant, that were chasing them constantly, so the ducks finally found refuge under our table!! We also ate a good bit at DHS, I think we ate 3 CS meals there and all but the ABC Commissary were good.....food wise anyway!!

I am guessing with the ADR's you have, grabbing anything to supplement those meals will work well for YOU and free up some time to just enjoy Disney. I know you will have a wonderful time and can't wait to hear all about it!!

Hot Dogs are actually on my "like" list, BD! Asian noodles, not so much. We plan on splitting lunch every day and then having an early Dinner, so flame tree will be our list for the AK lunch. Since we are from Eastern NC, not sure we will get BBQ (unless it has the vinegar sauce), but the other stuff sounds good.
You never got to the World Showcase? Now you have to go back!! It's the best. :cool1:

Hot Dogs are actually on my "like" list, BD! Asian noodles, not so much. We plan on splitting lunch every day and then having an early Dinner, so flame tree will be our list for the AK lunch. Since we are from Eastern NC, not sure we will get BBQ (unless it has the vinegar sauce), but the other stuff sounds good.
You never got to the World Showcase? Now you have to go back!! It's the best. :cool1:

We did that parent thing and gave the girls a choice????.............I was set on going to MK our first day! I just had a gut feeling it was the way to start our first visit and I was RIGHT!! LOL Then we planned according to the EMH, so we were at both AK and DHS "before" we went to Epcot. When we finally got to Epcot, we spent a good amount of time in Future World, exploring, riding, etc., then we sat the girls down and talked about World Showcase. I know they would have LOVED it, but I didn't want them to be disappointed (after riding almost everything Disney has to offer..big and small) that there weren't a lot of rides, so I wanted them to know that. I didn't want to be one of those Wigd. was looking at and saying, look over there, there is one of them families having a melt down and giggling and snapping pictures with her new camera!!! We knew it would be a good bit of walking and few rides!! Shame, shame, I know, I know!! Yes I did know about the Kim Possible Adventure thing as well as the Kidcot stops, the boat rides in Mexico and Norway and the chances to meet Characters and shared all that with the girls.....but we opted to save it for another trip!!!! I had read that no matter how much you went commando in the parks you still wouldn't be able to do it ALL.....guess that was RIGHT:rolleyes1 I guess it does give us reason to return and now, some of the first time stuff (that we won't be doing again) will be out of the way, to make room for some new things.....like WORLD SHOWCASE!!!! I hear there are some awesome TS places there??? :rotfl2:

So it's absolutely official - Today I went to the mailbox and there was only one envelope there. It was our luggage tags, vouchers and coupons :dance3:

It was a welcome surprise to end a not so fun week. I managed to catch one of those nasty spring colds :sick: and while it's a beautiful Saturday in NC, I'm inside with a box of tissues. I'm feeling grateful that it happened now and not while I'm in Disney - it will be all gone by then!

I did have a moment of panic this week. Someone at work told me that they had THOUGHT they heard that the airline we are flying to Orlando on was pulling out of our airport asap :scared:. I have searched high and low and there is nothing to that story - it's another desination they are pulling out of, not Sanford/Orlando. Geez, why is it your coworkers try to give you a heart attack at work, I'll never know....

I have been putting my Ridemax plans together. Ridemax attempts to tell you when the best time is to get in line for specific rides and shows, or when to get Fast Passes. Since this is my first time using it, we'll see if it works....

Here are my plans for the MK

We plan to arrive at the MK around 10:30am. We are staying all day,so we should have enough time for everything we want to see. Besides, we have a breakfast ADR for Boma...

Here's a list of what we plan to ride/see
Jungle Cruise
Haunted Mansion
Pirates of the Carribean
It's a Small World
Carousel of Progress
Big Thunder Mountain
Buzz Lightyear
Peter Pan's Flight
Splash Mountain
Country Bear Jamboree

It's a small world is pure torture for my husband :scared1:so I may not make him go on it :wizard:. When I was about 5, I went to the NY World's Fair with my parents and remember It's a Small World. I'll ride by myself, but really want to see it again.

Here are my plans for the Animal Kingdom

Festival of the Lion King
Kilimanjaro Safari
Dinosaur
Pagani Forest Exploration
Discovery Island Trails
Rafiki's Planet Watch
Maharajah Jungle Trek

I'm still working on DHS and the big one - Epcot. Epcot is by far our favorite, although we've never been to the AK.

Although DHS is not my favorite park, I'm really looking forward to seeing the new American Idol Experience. I've heard it's really good and both my DH and I love the show.

I think I'm done most of my shopping but I'll be making a list soon and making sure I haven't missed anything. I say that, but I probably will. Oh well, an excuse to go shopping in Orlando! .

I do hope that you get over the cold soon!! Sounds like your co-worker is one of "those" that likes to rock the boat a little??? I have to admit getting Disney mail is fun (even after we got back, getting our Photo Pass CDs) was a treat!!

OK....I notice a little trend in those plans.......no major roller coasters???

I had read that they were closing Space Mt. sometime or another, is it while you will be there?? Thankfully when we went it was open. HOWEVER, one of the things on my list to do was closed....the Hall of Presidents was closed, I am guessing so that they could add Obama?? I hated that we didn't get to see it.....yet another reason to go back, I suppose!!

While your over there riding Buzz, you might check out The Monster's Inc. Comedy Club in tomorrowland. It is cute and I got be Sully!! Which was a "magical" moment for me.....since that was my Dad's nickname!!!!!

I might also suggest the Transit Authority for a nice peaceful, foot resting, no waiting line, break!!! Rode it twice myself....LOL Of course, a ride around the park on the train could work for that as well or even the Liberty Belle riverboat??

I also vote that you make DH go on it's a small world with you!! Tell him either he rides or you sing it to him all day!! Either way he is stuck with a little Disney Magical "music" in his head all day!!!!

As far as AK....if I Had to pick one over the other I would do Lion King, but I think Nemo is good too, if you can talk your DH into it. I mean Lion King probably has a little more action in it (with the acrobatic Monkeys), but Nemo is done well for a "musical"...LOL Also my favorite of the 3-D movies (and we saw them all at each of the different parks) was it's Tough to be a Bug at AK.

EVEREST!!!!!!!!!!!! EVEREST!!!!!!!!!!!! That's all I am saying about that!!!

We also rode the Kali Rapids, which were fine, but it was the shortest water rapid ride that I have ever been on. If you decide to do it, do a fast pass for sure, not worth a long wait in the stand-by line if you ask me!!

Also with all the walking you will do on the trails, etc., a few extra shows or rides will have your feet thanking YOU!!!

I do hope that you get over the cold soon!! Sounds like your co-worker is one of "those" that likes to rock the boat a little??? I have to admit getting Disney mail is fun (even after we got back, getting our Photo Pass CDs) was a treat!!

OK....I notice a little trend in those plans.......no major roller coasters???

I had read that they were closing Space Mt. sometime or another, is it while you will be there?? Thankfully when we went it was open. HOWEVER, one of the things on my list to do was closed....the Hall of Presidents was closed, I am guessing so that they could add Obama?? I hated that we didn't get to see it.....yet another reason to go back, I suppose!!

While your over there riding Buzz, you might check out The Monster's Inc. Comedy Club in tomorrowland. It is cute and I got be Sully!! Which was a "magical" moment for me.....since that was my Dad's nickname!!!!!

I might also suggest the Transit Authority for a nice peaceful, foot resting, no waiting line, break!!! Rode it twice myself....LOL Of course, a ride around the park on the train could work for that as well or even the Liberty Belle riverboat??

I also vote that you make DH go on it's a small world with you!! Tell him either he rides or you sing it to him all day!! Either way he is stuck with a little Disney Magical "music" in his head all day!!!!

As far as AK....if I Had to pick one over the other I would do Lion King, but I think Nemo is good too, if you can talk your DH into it. I mean Lion King probably has a little more action in it (with the acrobatic Monkeys), but Nemo is done well for a "musical"...LOL Also my favorite of the 3-D movies (and we saw them all at each of the different parks) was it's Tough to be a Bug at AK.

EVEREST!!!!!!!!!!!! EVEREST!!!!!!!!!!!! That's all I am saying about that!!!

We also rode the Kali Rapids, which were fine, but it was the shortest water rapid ride that I have ever been on. If you decide to do it, do a fast pass for sure, not worth a long wait in the stand-by line if you ask me!!

Also with all the walking you will do on the trails, etc., a few extra shows or rides will have your feet thanking YOU!!!

Not a big roller coaster fan, although I loved Space Mountain. If I decide to ride any, it might be the single rider line for me - DH is less of a fan than me.
I'm saving Kahili Rapids for later in the week when we go back and hit the rides we want to do again. It looks like a soaker!

I'm hoping we have time for Nemo and I forgot about the Transit Authority and Monsters - Thanks for keeping on my toes through the antihistimines....

Hey FF,

I hope you are over that cold and with all this "flu" stuff in the news this past week, I am glad it was just a cold. Anyway, I do hope you are over it and back to 100% and gearing up for a wonderful time??

One thing you may want to do, since you can do it right there in the lobby of your resort, you lucky thing, is request to ride in the Front of the Monorail. It is pretty cool to sit up front with the pilot and it gives you a different perspective. We did it the first night we were in the world (of course, we had to catch a bus over to MK BEFORE we even could ask to ride in the front of the monorail...LOL), but we rode the entire loop just for the excitement of being in the nose of the Monorail!! We also wanted a glimpse of the Castle that evening, because we couldn't SEE it from our resort.....like you'll be able to do!! LOL

ALSO, now that I have warned you about the long wait......since you love the Fairies and TINK is your favorite, this is a MUST DO for you!! You will have to go into Toon Town, so just plan ahead and tour Mickey and Minnie's places while you are there!! But, yes even though it will likely eat an hour + of your time waiting to see the fairies.....you MUST go meet them!! There are suppose to be three of them there, Tink and two others. Now when we had our turn there were only two (Tink and SilverMist), but it is set up for THREE (another reason, I didn't understand why our wait was sooooo long), but anyway......I don't think your trip would be complete if you didn't splurge a little time to go and meet them. Tink is very animated and SilverMist was great too. There was great interaction with them and YOU MUST get a Photo with them!! They are located in the toon town hall of fame. You can always catch the train around to them (another break for those tired feet!!!). SO add that to your ridemax and maybe it will give you a better time to meet and greet with them???

OK, give us an update..........surely you have made some ADR changes (After all, that seems to be all the rage with the folks that make them!!! LOL) and by now I am guessing you have your park plans ready for DHS and Epcot????

It's Saturday and something must be wrong!!!

DH wants to go to the MALL!!!!! And TARGET!!!!:banana::banana::banana:

This is an opportunity I can't pass up. I'll update this weekend I promise.:dance3:

This is an opportunity I can't pass up. I'll update this weekend I promise.:dance3:

GEEZ, the "MALL"????? I mean I sort of think of Target as nothing more than an upscale Walmart, but to AGREE to go to "BOTH"??????? Makes me wonder what he did to end up in the dog house???? :rolleyes1 The things us men will do to get out of it, even when we might not know what got us in there to start with!!! :angel:

Looking forward to the update.........and I hope you enjoy some HAPPY SHOPPING. But PLEASE, PLEASE, don't make the next update about another BAG!! :headache::sad2::sick::mad:

Apparently some folks had a LONG THREE DAY WEEKEND????????:confused3 No, I understand.......shopping ALL weekend is tiring.....so, we'll blame your DH since he wanted to go!!! :lmao:

It's been one of those weeks where work really gets in the way of life, and of being on the DIS!
It's been nothing short of chaos. Last week 60+ hours and this week, at least the same.:mad:

It's a good thing that I have some of my suitcase packed. Why, because I week from tommorrow I'll be headed to DISNEY WORLD!!!!:dance3:

Time will fly by before I know it and if work keeps me as busy as it has, it will be here in a blink of an eye.:scared1:
DH did survive the shopping trip and although I didn't buy a thing, he did buy 2 pair of shorts and two shirts. I was pleasantly surprised. :banana: It was a happy day for me. The older he gets, the less of a shopper he is.

Now back to my park plans.:yay::yay:

I have to admit that DHS was my least favorite park the last time I visited, but I'm really looking forward to it this time.
I defintely want to see the American Idol Experience and so does DH. I have a source from the chat that told me it was great and DH and I are big fans of the show. I'm also looking forward to Beauty and the Beast and TSM.
We also want to go to The Magic of Disney Animation. I think that's where you get to draw characters. Sounds like fun to me!
No dinner at DHS. For whatever reason, nothing appealed to me, so it's off to DTD for Dinner at Fulton's.
This is a big splurge dinner, but I love seafood (shellfish, not fish with gills) and so does DH. I want to try the crab claws and can't wait for this one.
I actually ate here when I was 19 (it was a different name, I think) and had my first filet mignon there. It will be fun to go back. We'll spend that evening at DTD :hug:

Then there is Epcot. It's really our favorite and we've dedicated 2 entire days and 2 dinners to it.
I really have no schedule for those 2 days and we love every exhibit and every ride, so we'll catch as much as we possible can. I'll be hitting up the fast pass machine for Soarin and Test Track, though.
Our 2 dinners are at the Biergarten and LeCellier. We can't wait for both!!

Hey FF,

Sounds like with the hours you are working, the time really will pass quickly until your trip........if that makes it any easier to work so much?? Sounds like they are going to miss you badly and want you to do everything that will be need to be done while you are on vacation......by you, before you go!!! Being needed isn't always a bad thing.......job security is always NICE!! :thumbsup2

Sounds like your plans are all coming together nicely for a wonderful and fun trip. OK, Tower of Terror isn't a roller coaster, so why isn't it on your list??? LOL

Make sure you get fast passes early for Soaring and Test Track!!

Again, hope you have a wonderful and "magical" trip!!

Hi ff! Sorry it took me so long to get onboard here, but at least I got you "pre trip". :lmao:

I see you have Mara for bfast several days. Just wanted to let you know in Epcot Sunshine Seasons will also serve a full breakfast just like your resort CS. Just an option in case you want something different from Mara. At MK you can get pastries and breakfast sandwiches at Main Street bakery.

Finally, at AK Nemo is also an excellently presented show. We found we could walk right in for the final show of the day. It let out just after the park closed for the day. The Jammin' Jungle parade is another thing I wouldn't miss at AK. It is a fun parade with great music, phenomenal costumes and floats and some truly old school charcters that I didn't see anywhere at on the trip. Some for our childhood's. :rolleyes1

Hi ff! Sorry it took me so long to get onboard here, but at least I got you "pre trip". :lmao:

I see you have Mara for bfast several days. Just wanted to let you know in Epcot Sunshine Seasons will also serve a full breakfast just like your resort CS. Just an option in case you want something different from Mara. At MK you can get pastries and breakfast sandwiches at Main Street bakery.

Finally, at AK Nemo is also an excellently presented show. We found we could walk right in for the final show of the day. It let out just after the park closed for the day. The Jammin' Jungle parade is another thing I wouldn't miss at AK. It is a fun parade with great music, phenomenal costumes and floats and some truly old school charcters that I didn't see anywhere at on the trip. Some for our childhood's. :rolleyes1

Sept, Thanks so much for reading and for the great advice. I'm think my TR will be better than this PTR. I should have lot's of exciting things to talk about and many pictures of "manpris", food and flower and garden:dance3:!

3 days of work left and 4 days to Disney! I can't believe I'm even saying it. It's seems like yesterday that I was thinking about CSR, then CBR, then Wilderness Lodge, then booking the Contemporary, then changing my week and my ressie to AKL. Now, it's only days away!

I spent my weekend printing out everything I could possibly print. Ridemax plans, Mapquest directions from the Sanford Airport and then from Animal Kingdom Lodge to Orlando Premium Outlets and Lake Buena Vista Outlets, ADR Spreadsheet, Itineraries, etc. My Passporter is bursting with information!

I'm also finished packing but those few things you can't pack until the last
minute. I weighed my suitcase and right now, it's at 33 lbs. I figure it will be about 36 when I'm finished and so I have SHOPPING room! WooHoo!

I had a little setback with my camera. I haven't used it since Christmas and all of a sudden, the battery wouldn't hold a charge!
I'm glad I checked it because the battery for this Canon Power Shot is $60.00
Luckily I found an old camera that I was going to put in a yard sale and it had the same battery. I charged that battery and I'm good to go!:banana:

I still can't decide what to use as a carry on bag. Usually, I have to make a connection at another airport and I carry a backpack so I have free hands for a Starbuck's grande cafe mocha with whipped cream - yumm! This time I have no connection, so I have an older Vera Bradley large tote I might use. I've been eyeing a new pattern, but I might just save the money for Disney. DH is going to carry another backpack with my laptop safely inside!:love:

What's left to do -

1. Decide on that Vera bag or get it out of my mind!

2. Get our babies ready for camp (kennel). Pack food, toys, write instructions.

3. Make sure and/or supervise DH packing. His suitcase is open, but empty.

4. Check in online with Disney!:wizard:

5. Check out kiosk intructions for Alamo.

6. Haircut Wednesday - skipping the eyebrow wax (you DIS chatters will understand why). No medical emergencies for me this week!:scared1:

7. Mon - Ask DH if he has any laundry that needs done. :rolleyes1
Tues - Ask DH he has any laundry that needs done:rolleyes1
Wed - Ask DH if he has any laundry that needs done:rolleyes1
Thurs - Ask DH if he has any laundry that needs done - IF he says yes give him THE LOOK! (DH, bless his heart, tends to wait until the 11th hour to pack). :headache::headache:

8. Review final ADR's. There is a change (this is only my first). I'm cancelling my Plaza Dinner. DH wants to eat offsite at Bahama Breeze. We ate at one in Las Vegas and loved it. Besides, he has a gift card and so essentially, this is a FREE meal!:yay::yay::yay::yay:
BD,this is my only change......so far.

9. If the price is right, get a bigger memory card for my camera!
I'm sure there is more, I'll add more as I go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter