After 15 years, it's almost here - We're going back to WDW!! (May PTR)

Oh my gosh, that cake was incredible! Then top it off with balloons and an Iphone, what more could you ask for?

Hey FF, first Happy Birthday again. That cake not only looked "beautiful" it looks delicious. I love coconut too, so you are lucky I'm not around to steal a slice of it!!! Hope you get to enjoy it for a few more days anyway!! Glad you had a weekend full of surprises and a GREAT Birthday!!

Yes, we are back from our whirlwind tour of Disney and had a wonderful time. It was indeed a magical trip, especially with my two girls in tow! I know that we will return someday, of course that will be down the road........first because it will take me a while to "recover"...LOL However, as we were leaving Tracy said, we are coming back and when "she" says it, it happens!! I think now that we have done the first time visit and tried a sampling of it all, our next trip might not be as hectic as this one was. We tried to start out with the small stuff, so the girls wouldn't be disappointed with any of it. However, starting at MK, we wound up missing the Toon Town section that day. Anyway, by the time we got back to MK, we had already taken a whirl on Everest, Rocking Roller Coaster, TOT, BTMRR, Space Mt., Etc. and as my youngest was getting off Goofy's Barn Stormer, she proclaimed, this is boring!! Which, after all the other stuff, I am sure she was correct and it was pretty "tame"! LOL But it gives me hope that when we return, we won't have to do all the smaller stuff and that will likely free up sometime to "relax" by a pool somewhere!! Ah, the things we do for our children!! Anyway, we were up early (one of the best tips get there at opening), on the go all day, getting to bed late, whew.....vacation??? I am actually thinking of changing my name from "Blesseddaddy" to Commando Chris!!! It was also really nice getting to meet some of the Dis Chatters while we were there too. If you get the chance with several saying they are going at the same time as you, you should try to meet up at least for a parade or Wishes. It was fun for us anyway!!!

I am sooo glad you and your family had such a wonderful time!
Too bad I made my reservations before the boards, or I would have made sure to meet some of the DIS chatters. As is stands, I miss Bean by a few hours :headache:

Happy Birthday FF!!!
What an awesome looking cake!
I am glad to hear you had a great time with so many surprises!

Thanks! It was a wonderful birthday!

Happy Birthday! Sounds like you had an excellent day. :goodvibes

OMG, that cake looked AMAZING!!!!!! I love cake...and it likes me too. Tends to stay a while. :laughing:

I know what you mean. Tommorrow is a "jeans day" at work and I will be hating myself when I put them on.

Oh my gosh, that cake was incredible! Then top it off with balloons and an Iphone, what more could you ask for?

It was a wonderful couple of days for sure! Gotta catch up on your trip report!!

" I am sooo glad you and your family had such a wonderful time!
Too bad I made my reservations before the boards, or I would have made sure to meet some of the DIS chatters. As is stands, I miss Bean by a few hours "

Hey FF, first thank you for the kind words. We are still working on getting back into the normal routine....it may take weeks for my girls to readjust, it was an exciting trip for all of us. At least you are still looking "forward" to your trip and I know you will have an awesome time too!!

I understand what you are saying about meeting up with some of the Dis chatters....we were just very lucky that our trip happened to be at the sametime as Wigd's and Shocker (though I am surprised you are missing them, since they seem to go every other month....LOL) and then with FLChick (who might surprise you since she lives so close and can go at will..LOL) and Zen being there too was just an added bonus. It was really nice to put faces with some of those that had given me such good advice leading up to our first trip to the World. I do wish we could have spent a little more time with each of them, but the time we were together was nice and fun. Who knows maybe Bean will decide that she needs to stay an extra day, we did!! LOL I know everybody has their own touring plans in the parks and it is hard to spend much time with any of them, but it's nice to meet them and our crew could have hung out with all of them.......and would have been happy to let them run for Fast Passes for "us" if they had wanted too..LOL

Thanks again for the kind words about our trip and looking forward to more of your post about your upcoming trip!!!! If you happen to bump into OhioDisneyLover ask her if she happened to see a little stuffed dog, red and white that answers to the name of Lil' Red at Pop Century for me....still hasn't made it home "YET", but I am keeping the faith that he WILL!!! LOL

When you don't post for awhile, you sure do have to search for your thread!

I realized today that I have 1 month and 2 days before Disney!
Time has flown by and now it's time to get to business!!

I made my ADR's before I made my park plans, so I'm having to plan around the ADR's, but that's ok by me. Here's what I have so far but are really subject to change:
Day One

Arrive at AKL at about 4:00 pm
Head to Epcot for CS and Illuminations or MK for CS and wishes
I have no ADR for our first night (this one is for you, BD!!) - it will be fun to just grab something and wander around. :yay: Why - because we will have finally made it back to Disney!!:dance3:

Day Two
Breakfast at Boma
Magic Kingdom (I just have to go to the Magic Kingdom first full day)
Dinner at Grand Floridian Cafe
Wishes

Day Three
Breakfast at Mara
Animal Kingdom
Dinner at Boma
Head to DHS for Fantasmic

Day Four
Breakfast at Mara or at DHS
DHS
Dinner at Fulton's in DTD
Hang out in DTD

Day Five
Breakfast at Mara
EPCOT
Dinner at Biergarten
Illuminations

Day Six
Breakfast at Kona
?

Day Seven
Breakfast at Boma
?
Dinner at LeCellier - DH cannot wait!!

Day Eight
Back to reality:mad:

I know exactly what I'm ordering at every restaurant. Grand Floridian- Shrimp and Pasta, Fulton's - Crab Claws, and LeCellier - Mushroom filet without the mushrooms and with cream cheese mashed potatoes instead of the Risotto (yes, I am one of those!).

If you are going to dedicate your non ADR night to BD then you need to dedicate your Le Cellier dinner to me!

Your ADR's sound yummy. I loved staying at AKL last September because I could get zebra domes whenever I wanted them! :lmao:

Please let us know how you like the GF Cafe. I wanted to go there for our anniversary (because I could get a great cake from what I read ;) so I'm anxious to hear about it.

If you are going to dedicate your non ADR night to BD then you need to dedicate your Le Cellier dinner to me!

Wigd, I'm dedicating LeCellier, Kona and Boma to you! I actually got those from your report and the chat! You have the best ideas!

Your ADR's sound yummy. I loved staying at AKL last September because I could get zebra domes whenever I wanted them! :lmao:

Please let us know how you like the GF Cafe. I wanted to go there for our anniversary (because I could get a great cake from what I read ;) so I'm anxious to hear about it.

Thanks! I read alot of great things about GF cafe on these boards and can't wait to try it. I'll be sure to write about it.

I've done some shopping for the trip. I bought some really cute summer clothes for a trip to Vegas last year, but wanted a couple more things. I have a couple of favorite stores that I shop at alot (I do love to shop). I love Ann Taylor Loft and the Gap. I truly believe that it's a good thing that I have a good job so that I can afford my habit. I love a deal though and shop at these stores for sales or with coupon in hand. The Loft sends great coupons.
I found a couple of really cute skirts on Ebay from my two favorites

IMG_0080-1.jpg
IMG_0078-1.jpg

I also picked up a Baggallini bag - I know, that makes 3. A girl can never have enough bags!

baggallini-1.gif

I still need to find some sunglasses and a couple more things, but I'm on my way to being ready.:yay::woohoo::yay:

As I have told my friends on the chat, I'll be packed two weeks in advance and won't be unpacked until 2 weeks after. I'm so much more motivated when the trip is in front of me instead of behind....

Thanks for the dedications! I hope you love everything you eat! Your new skirts are very cute!:goodvibes A new Baggalinni? What could be more perfect? We do love our bags don't we?!?:lmao::lmao::lmao:

I'm no Disney expert at all. To cure my lack of knowledge, I headed to the DIS chat. I have to say, I've learned alot and had some great laughs as well. The "DISchatters" are the nicest group of people. Some have been to WDW many times and some are just like me. All are welcoming and I am so glad I decided to get my nerve up to join in! If you ever have a question, these are the folks to ask!
[/COLOR]

When you went to DIS chat your life as you once knew it was over!

Those people are ruthless!

The kidnapped my wife in June and I have not been able to get her back!

"

....we were just very lucky that our trip happened to be at the same time as Wigd's and Shocker (though I am surprised you are missing them, since they seem to go every other month....LOL)

Hey, we have been once in 2006, once in 2007, thrice in 2008, and will be there thrice this year....that is hardly every other month! LOL

I am so proud that you have ONE day that you won't have to rush around, or plan your day around an ADR, or just have to watch your watch all day making sure that you leave in time to get to an ADR, how WONDERFUL it is to be foot loose and fancy free!! :hippie: Besides there are some good CS around, just go at off times and there aren't any lines in those then either!!

THREE dedicated to Wigd.??? So, that is how this works, you BEG when somebody else gets a dedication and then you get a boat load of dedications??? LOL Well, it IS Wigd. and she does give good advice........though from reading her report, I'm NOT certain she always follows it?? Just saying!!! I mean she was a little peeved at Shocker for how he acted in Norway, but didn't seem too upset at herself for getting a little IRATE when the line jumper cut "her"!! :confused3

I'm not even going to comment on the BAG........yes, to us men they are just bags.........and after all yours is named a BAGgallini. I guess if it holds your stuff and keeps somebody else from having to tote it, it's a good thing!!! :thumbsup2

I know you are going to have a GREAT trip.

P.S. EXCUSE me Shocker............every Four months or "so"!!! Plenty of times that it seems almost unfair that you won't be there when FF is!!!

Hi! your dogs are so cute! I hope you have a great time on your trip!

Thanks so much Dogs, I hope you have a great time on your trip too!

When you went to DIS chat your life as you once knew it was over!

Those people are ruthless!

The kidnapped my wife in June and I have not been able to get her back!

Thanks for the advice Shocker, but I think its too late! :surfweb:
I can't pull myself away..............I find myself dialing Disney Dining and then wondering why I did...should I change, not change....

Hey, we have been once in 2006, once in 2007, thrice in 2008, and will be there thrice this year....that is hardly every other month! LOL

And who's counting.....

Please do not encourage her! :rotfl:

I have to, it's the way of the boards. We must encourage all things Disney... besides, she likes bags as much as I do!

I am so proud that you have ONE day that you won't have to rush around, or plan your day around an ADR, or just have to watch your watch all day making sure that you leave in time to get to an ADR, how WONDERFUL it is to be foot loose and fancy free!! :hippie: Besides there are some good CS around, just go at off times and there aren't any lines in those then either!!

THREE dedicated to Wigd.??? So, that is how this works, you BEG when somebody else gets a dedication and then you get a boat load of dedications??? LOL Well, it IS Wigd. and she does give good advice........though from reading her report, I'm NOT certain she always follows it?? Just saying!!! I mean she was a little peeved at Shocker for how he acted in Norway, but didn't seem too upset at herself for getting a little IRATE when the line jumper cut "her"!! :confused3

I'm not even going to comment on the BAG........yes, to us men they are just bags.........and after all yours is named a BAGgallini. I guess if it holds your stuff and keeps somebody else from having to tote it, it's a good thing!!! :thumbsup2

I know you are going to have a GREAT trip.

P.S. EXCUSE me Shocker............every Four months or "so"!!! Plenty of times that it seems almost unfair that you won't be there when FF is!!!

I am actually looking forward to our night of CS. You will have to give me some ideas! Flame Tree will be closed by that time, so I need another idea!

I must give the great Wigd three dedications, she is the leader of the sisterhood of the ever changing ADR's. Where she leads, we follow.:worship:
I'm going to one she and Shocker haven't been to - GF cafe.

I will need the scoop on GF Cafe.........If you don't like it I may have to make another ADR change.....

I went shopping this weekend for some Disney supplies. Nothing exciting, just some of the essential items like Bandaids, Blister packs, sunscreen. Blisters are a part of every vacation and I don't know why. I never take new shoes, always sandals that have been worn many times and are really broken in. As we say at my house, "it wouldn't be vacation if someone doesn't get a blister". What I do remember about Disney is that Bandaids were a fortune, so this time - I'll be prepared. The Mickey ones are really cute, but the plain ole ones from Target are fine by me...

This week, I'm gonna start working on my Ridemax spreadsheets. Ridemax gets some great reviews and I'm hoping will defintely help us get the most out of our park time. We want to see some of the shows too and it will calculate what times we need to be at the shows as well as the best times for the rides we pick. After I get back, I'll let you know if it worked.

My little countdown banner isn't working anymore:confused:. I guess the website it came from being down is the reason:sad2:

Hey FF,

Don't know if you have decided which park yet (epcot or MK) for that first day, but I realized you asked me a question that I haven't answered yet! Sorry!!

I'm not the best one to ask about Epcot. We only had one meal there. Everybody asks if we ate at Seasons, but we didn't. I take it that it must be pretty good though, since everybody ask?? I did walk through it going to Soaring if that counts!! The only CS we ate while at Epcot was in Mexico at the Cantina de San Angel. I think the only reason we chose it was because we weren't going to tour World Showcase, but it would allow us to at least show the girls a part of it?? The food was OK (nothing to write home about and yes, I would eat there again.......however, I am NOT a picky eater...LOL) I did enjoy sitting out by the lake and just enjoying the water and people watching. I am guessing that there are probably some wonderful options around the World Showcase, but since we didn't tour that part, I'm not much help!! Sorry!!

We did eat a good amount of meals in MK, as well as at DHS. As far as MK, I think my best meal was at Pecos Bills. I had taken the girls to sit, while Tracy grabbed our food, when she brought the Taco Salad, I looked at it and though, yuck!! Didn't have much meat in it. After I got to the fixin bar and loaded it down, it turned out to be a great Taco Salad. WE also had food from Casey's corner (though from reading your report, you probably aren't into hot dogs...LOL....we are OK with them!!) We ate at Cosmic Rays too. I know Bean loves it, I wasn't overly impressed. I just had a burger and thought.....it was dry (wish I had ordered something else). We also had a meal from the Terrace Noodle Station and thought it was fine. I really do think Flame Tree at AK was the best CS we had.....loved the food and loved sitting across the water from Everest. I know some despise the "birds and ducks", but we thought we were saving them.....there were some younger children, whose parents were allowing to run rampant, that were chasing them constantly, so the ducks finally found refuge under our table!! We also ate a good bit at DHS, I think we ate 3 CS meals there and all but the ABC Commissary were good.....food wise anyway!!

I am guessing with the ADR's you have, grabbing anything to supplement those meals will work well for YOU and free up some time to just enjoy Disney. I know you will have a wonderful time and can't wait to hear all about it!!

I am sort of interested in hearing more about this RideMax thing. I think I have read somewhere that it plans down to the minute??? Might be a little much for me, if that is the case?? I promise the only thing that we ever stood in line for any length of time was for autographs (and truthfully the only one of those that I would even consider for TOO LONG was for the fairies!! I still don't understand why that one took so long. Some say it's because it's the only place you could see them, however the line was just as long for the Princesses, they are side by side in Toon Town, but it moved 30 to 45 min. faster???) Anyway as far as rides, we used Fast Pass like it's suppose to be used. First thing we did when we entered the park was get our first one. Then as soon as it stated we could get the next one we did and so on (whether we had used the other or not, after a certain time you are allowed to get the next set and we did!!). Either Tracy or (mostly) I would just run and get them, while the other stayed with the girls and did some other "little" thing like the girls playing in one of the playgrounds, etc.(that neither of us minded missing...LOL). So, we never waited any length of time to ride ANYTHING, even though it was crowded. I am anxious to hear if RideMax has a better way to avoid the lines, without just going to get Fast Passes when you "should" or skipping parades, etc.?? We also worked it to where we saw every show we wanted to see, by just staying in that area and doing the other stuff there, until we caught the show we wanted to get into. I sort of got tickled with folks getting Fast Passes for the shows......since there is such a big turn over of folks at the sametime, if you show up while they are moving one crowd out and the next one in......NO WAIT!! Other than Fantasmic, which is showed just a few times a week (and there are NO Fast Passes, just dinner packages for it). At one fast pass machine in FantasyLand (either Pooh or Peter Pan) there was a bonus FP to Mickey's PhilharMagic and I was sort of proud of myself getting two at the time. Once we got around to Mickey's, I realized they were just trying to pull some of the crowd away from the other rides, by drawing larger crowds for the 3-D movie. I mean we enjoyed it and we would have been doing it anyway, but there was no need for FP to see it (didn't help us one bit, we went in at the sametime as everyone else!!)....LOL

OK, enough of my ramblings........give us an update!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter