Advice re: SSR wait list

mirnmart

Mouseketeer
Hello, Looking for some advice. Recently purchased a resale contract. Had previously booked one 2 bedroom at SSR for Feb 21-28 2017 (coming from princess 5k) but needed to book another 2 bedroom to accommodate our group. Points from new contract were finally added today and when I went to book the standard rooms were not available for the thurs and fri night. I booked the nights that were available and wait listed the other 2. All nights were available for a preferred view but I don't have enough points to switch both rooms to a preferred view and would like to be close together. Now I'm worried though if my wait list doesn't come through I won't have a room! Thoughts? Should I bite the bullet and use the extra 50 points for the preferred view or wait it out a bit and see if my wait list comes through?

I would wait and check availability daily. People who are booked at SSR and waitlisted for other resorts will create availability.

:earsboy: Bill

I'd book one room preferred view and keep the other. For me, the stress of wait-listing outweighs the convenience of being close. There's no guarantee that two standard views will even be in the same building anyway (although I'm sure they will try. SSR is likely to be at or near capacity for the marathon weekend). I'd still put a traveling with note on both reservations and hope that you get assigned to adjacent buildings.

You are way into the 7 months window. For busy periods a reshuffle happen at 7 months and shortly after and it's likely that something opens, expecially at SSR which is a big resort so more chances of someone moving the reservation to another resort. But February is "only" 4 months away and RunDisney weekends are some of the busiest of the year for DVC reservations. What if you're stuck without a room? I'd book what's available now.

I'd book one room preferred view and keep the other. For me, the stress of wait-listing outweighs the convenience of being close. There's no guarantee that two standard views will even be in the same building anyway (although I'm sure they will try. SSR is likely to be at or near capacity for the marathon weekend). I'd still put a traveling with note on both reservations and hope that you get assigned to adjacent buildings.
You are way into the 7 months window. For busy periods a reshuffle happen at 7 months and shortly after and it's likely that something opens, expecially at SSR which is a big resort so more chances of someone moving the reservation to another resort. But February is "only" 4 months away and RunDisney weekends are some of the busiest of the year for DVC reservations. What if you're stuck without a room? I'd book what's available now.
Agree with both points. Grab what you can get now. Too stressful waitlisting and worrying that you might not get a room.

Thanks for advice. I decided to bite the bullet and go for the preferred room. Didn't like using the extra points but now not worrying about not having a room! Thanks everyone!

Thanks for advice. I decided to bite the bullet and go for the preferred room. Didn't like using the extra points but now not worrying about not having a room! Thanks everyone!

I'm assuming you borrowed points? If you would still be in your banking window you always could waitlist for the standard view. If it comes thru then current points should be released which you could bank into your next year to "replace" the ones you borrowed.

How many points are you short for 2 preferred rooms. You can purchase up to 24 one time use points I believe it is $15 per point

Hello, Looking for some advice. Recently purchased a resale contract. Had previously booked one 2 bedroom at SSR for Feb 21-28 2017 (coming from princess 5k) but needed to book another 2 bedroom to accommodate our group. Points from new contract were finally added today and when I went to book the standard rooms were not available for the thurs and fri night. I booked the nights that were available and wait listed the other 2. All nights were available for a preferred view but I don't have enough points to switch both rooms to a preferred view and would like to be close together. Now I'm worried though if my wait list doesn't come through I won't have a room! Thoughts? Should I bite the bullet and use the extra 50 points for the preferred view or wait it out a bit and see if my wait list comes through?
Did you wait list the days separately. It might have improved your chances, esp given one was a Friday night. I wouldn't go back and change it though but I might add the night that would help you the most, I assume the Thursday, as an additional WL. Then if that matches you could do the same for the second night. If you end up with borrowed points more than you need, you could reallocate them to potentially free up points that could be banked.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter