• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Advice needed! Room canceled accidentally

Just wondering, I saw someone mention that Disnsy caps how many points a person can own? Is that true.

Yea, I thought it used to be something like 2000 per resort and 4000 total, but I know of at least one person who supposedly owns over 5000, so that can't be true. I can't even imagine the annual dues on that many points, lol. Not to mention that you could almost stay at Disney year-round in a studio with that many. I would think that Disney would be concerned that a person might use it as their residence if they accumulate that many points (even if they were to change resorts every two weeks).

Yea, I thought it used to be something like 2000 per resort and 4000 total, but I know of at least one person who supposedly owns over 5000, so that can't be true. I can't even imagine the annual dues on that many points, lol. Not to mention that you could almost stay at Disney year-round in a studio with that many. I would think that Disney would be concerned that a person might use it as their residence if they accumulate that many points (even if they were to change resorts every two weeks).
If you title them differently, you can own multiple thousands. There was a family a few years ago who rented theirs out all the time. It may have been the reason for DVC stating 20 reservations a year was commercial. The husband owned the max. The wife owned the max. Together they owned the max. Wife with son owned the max. And on and on. There are ways to get around the max ownership.

If you title them differently, you can own multiple thousands. There was a family a few years ago who rented theirs out all the time. It may have been the reason for DVC stating 20 reservations a year was commercial. The husband owned the max. The wife owned the max. Together they owned the max. Wife with son owned the max. And on and on. There are ways to get around the max ownership.
That seems like a seriously costly way to make money.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter