• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Adulting is Hard, So I'm Running Away! ~ An Oct 2016 PTR ~ Update 10/19: Peace Out, Yo!

Let me know what your plans are for Friday night! I'll be at Epcot until 9:30pm or so, and we're leaving Saturday morning. I'd be more than happy to scoot myself on over to the Poly after I leave Epcot, maybe we can grab a treat at Captain Cook's or a drink at one of the lounges, but I dunno if you'll be up that late!

Alternatively, we'll be at the Contemporary for a late-ish breakfast (11am or so) at The Wave on Saturday morning before we hit the road. I know my family be ready to get home so I don't want to leave them hanging while I take off to the Poly for a while, but maybe ya'll could come by the Contemporary for at least a hug and photo before ya'll head to MK?

Hopefully we can figure something out! :)

I'll see if we can arrange something Friday night (or pop by Saturday)! Not totally sure how early I'm going to try and go to bed due to the early wake-up time, but I would love to meet a DIS-er in person :P

Funny, because I'm jealous of YOUR medal! So pretty and shiny! I think the plastic medals are kinda lame. :laughing:

Well, they just announced that a few of the upcoming races will be moving to metal medals for the 5k, so I'm wondering if they'll do it for the Princess too...then I'd be super jealous :P I actually considered registering, but I can't just cancel class randomly on Friday (and potentially Thursday) to get down there, so at the moment the 5k is just not possible.

Also, you'll be heading to Disney in what seems like no time - tomorrow is August (!)

Not for 5ks... I looked into that :(.
Aww, that's a bummer! I'd say that maybe I'll see you at the Princess weekend in 2018 instead, but I think if I do a runDisney event that year, it'll likely be the Star Wars weekend or the Wine & Dine. I have 5 vacations currently booked during the next year and a half (more about that later), so I'm determined to put myself on a strict travel diet in 2018!!!

I've been curious as to what a travel agent can see. We are using one for our October trip and I notice that her name is included on our Magical Express luggage tags. I made the DME reservation online instead of asking her to do it. Can the travel agents see all the resort reservations including ones that they didn't make? I assume they can see fast passes and ADR's. Can they see all your friends, too? Can they see your past history?
Nah, we can't see in your MDE account unless you give us access to it. All we can really see is your resort booking or travel package, assuming you booked it through us. No FP, No ADRs. I think the TAs name is on the ME info because traditionally all documents for a TA-booked reservation get mailed to the TA, and he or she distributed them to the client. If you called to add set up the ME service, they likely asked you where you wanted them mailed to, rather that just automatically sending them to the agency. But the agents name would still show up on them, since she made the original booking.

Our fp day is Tuesday. Outside of making sure we see the new Frozen ride and Soarin', I'm not sure what I want yet, either.
I hope to go everything you wanted! I sat down yesterday and came of with my FP+ plan (which I'll be sharing in a future post).

I was finally able to get a 6:30pm ADR at Yak and Yeti. I have been waiting for the dinner times to open up for ages. Now I can have pot stickers and a Yak Attack. :) We love the pot stickers there. And I had a Yak Attack by mistake last time when the waiter brought me the wrong drink. It was a delicous mistake. :) It is fun to go over to AK for dinner. No one is on the park bus going to AK in the late afternoon and we have had some good safari rides around the dinner hour. :)
Mmm, Yak and Yeti. I am so excited to be going back! I real like I really screwed the pooch on this on in December. I ordered a dish I know I don't like, I didn't have anything boozy, and I skipped the wontons at the end. I have to go back and rectify all of these wrongs!

I'll see if we can arrange something Friday night (or pop by Saturday)! Not totally sure how early I'm going to try and go to bed due to the early wake-up time, but I would love to meet a DIS-er in person :P
Sure thing, we'll figure something out! Closer to, we can exchange numbers and keep up via text until we manage to be in the same place at the same time!

Well, they just announced that a few of the upcoming races will be moving to metal medals for the 5k, so I'm wondering if they'll do it for the Princess too...then I'd be super jealous :P I actually considered registering, but I can't just cancel class randomly on Friday (and potentially Thursday) to get down there, so at the moment the 5k is just not possible.
WHAAAAT! A real medal would make me so happy! I mean, the plastic ones are cute, I guess... BUT I WANT THE BLINGY BLING!

Also, you'll be heading to Disney in what seems like no time - tomorrow is August (!)
According to my ticker, 2/2/2! (2 months, 2 weeks, and 2 days!)

I'm totally late, but, YAY DOUBLE DIGITS!!!! <3
Even smaller double digits now, wooo!

Ouch, that bites. Hopefully it isn't making your work environment too miserable.
Depends on the day. Some days it's all peachy, other days are pretty tense (today being one of those days, unfortunately).

I hope to go everything you wanted! I sat down yesterday and came of with my FP+ plan (which I'll be sharing in a future post).
I want to give you a heads up about the fastpass for the new Frozen ride. Be sure to log in exactly at 7am EST and book that one first. I forgot about my time until it was 7:24am EST. By then I could only get the new Frozen ride in the evening. I made it work but it wasn't my plan. :( In fact, now that I was forced to book an evening fp, I can combine it with seeing the concert. So all is good. :)

Thanks for letting me know about the travel agent. :)

I want to give you a heads up about the fastpass for the new Frozen ride. Be sure to log in exactly at 7am EST and book that one first. I forgot about my time until it was 7:24am EST. By then I could only get the new Frozen ride in the evening. I made it work but it wasn't my plan. :( In fact, now that I was forced to book an evening fp, I can combine it with seeing the concert. So all is good. :)

Thanks for letting me know about the travel agent. :)
I figured that might be the case! And thankfully, with 3 Epcot days to play with, I've got some wiggle room to play with. I've also found that getting FPs is WAY easier as a solo, so fingers crossed!!!

18 days until FP+! :cutie:
77 days until WDW!
:hyper:

Hey, ya'll! :grouphug:

Okay, so I'm forcing myself to PUT.THE.BOOK.DOWN. :scared: And finally do an update. You have no idea how much willpower this is taking, because I'm in the dead middle of a currently 8-book series (2 more books are due out in 2017 and 2018 respectively) which, while it has a super annoying twit for a protagonist, it also has a really engrossing story. And Barrons. Mmm. Barrons. (It's the Fever Series by Karen Marie Moning. I'm on book 4 right now, Dreamfever, and so far it's been my favorite one.) As usual, I'll direct you to my GoodReads page if you're curious what other nerdfest literature I've been consuming of late: https://www.goodreads.com/user_challenges/5729864

But wait, before I start babbling on about kittens and cruises (hmmm, foreshadowing), I should talk about Disney stuff! With my FastPass+ Day rapidly approaching, I finally actually managed to sit down and come up with my FP+ Wishlist! I'll work up a loose touring plan after I see how many of these I actually manage to score. You can see my hopeful choices in the space above each day's column (for the purposes of this screencap, I cropped off the travel day columns on each end of the itinerary, since there won't be any FP+ on those):

FP%20Wishlist.png

This is me anticipating questions ya'll might have:

1. On 10/21, I intend on bee-lining it to RnR for the Single Rider line, hence no FP for it.
2. At AK, no FP for the Safari because I'm making straight for it during early EMH on 10/24.
3. Since I have 3 days worth of FP at Epcot, some of my choices were "Just because I can!"
4. Narrowing down FP choices at MK is freakin' HARD. And yes, I want a picture with fishtail Ariel. Also "Because I can!"

Also, I got bored and was feeling like organizing stuff, so this happened...

Outfits.png

Which worked up an appetite, so I decided to do this:

FoodWine.png

That, of course, it my first draft Food & Wine indulgements wishlist. (And no, that's not any kind of color-coding system you see there. I just wanted to make it PRETTY!) I'm sure once I fill in the prices and add them up, I'll start refining it. But for now... YUM!!!

I also tweaked and finalized my packing list, but it's at work and I forgot to screencap it. Which is probably a good thing, because @Chicago Mo would just make fun of me again for not being shy about ya'll seeing how many bras and pairs of panties I'm packing. :laughing:

Okay, that's all the WDW stuff I got for now. Time to talk about KITTIES! One certain kitten in particular, Princess Cupcake McFluffybutt...

cupcake2_1.jpg

So on July 23rd, she hit the requisite 3+ lbs to be spayed, and go live at the rescue's shelter so that her new family could eventually find her. The appointment was set for August 2nd. I would take her in that morning to the clinic, and that would be goodbye for me and Cupcake.

After much deliberation and soul-searching, I realized that just I couldn't do it. The guilt was eating me alive, the thought of just ripping her out of the home she's so happy in here with me and Butters and Harley, and leaving her in a shelter and hoping for the best. Maybe I could have done it if she'd been with me a shorter time instead of 2.5 months... or if she had been more than just 2 weeks old when I took her in... or if she and I hadn't been through so much together... or if she didn't fit in so well around here and get along so well with my boys... or if it was a direct-to-home adoption where I got to meet her new family and stay in touch with them instead of leaving her at the shelter to sit there and wonder why I dumped her and when I was coming back for her..... Maybe in any of those situations, I could have turned her over to the shelter and wished her well.

But. I couldn't.

cupcake3_1.jpg

So on July 28th, I filled out the paperwork and paid the adoption fee. She still was spayed on Aug. 2nd, but rather than have to leave her there, I was able to go pick her up and take her home after work. She's found her forever home (on my boobs).

I'm not worried about the financials anymore, I've figured out how to make it work. The thought of having THREE cat still worries me a bit, but it's working out fine so far. I can handle a little more poop scoopin', it's not a bit deal. And besides, I'm getting closer to 40 and still single, so it totally makes sense that my Cat Lady game is leveling up.

furbabies.jpg

I really do love my little furfamily. :lovestruc

Okay, enough Cat Lady blather. Let's talk about Billie's other addiction: Getting the EFF out of my house! It all started because I was driving to work and thinking about my next birthday (December 3rd) and how I don't want to be just sitting at home for it. But I already have Disney vacations booked 2 months prior (Oct. 2016) and 2 months after (Feb. 2017) my birthday, so what's a girl to do?

Not going to lie, my first thought was MORE DISNEY. I even put a 3-night stay at a value resort on a temporary hold, while I weighed my options. But once I ran all the numbers, it was a tad more than I wanted to spend for a 3-night trip. Boooooo! Super sad! :sad:

LmiFn4xH96cve.gif

Then I got to thinking. As you all know, I'm a travel agent, and I sell cruises almost as much as I sell Disney vacations. And I'm good at it. And it all goes well right up until a client goes, "So when was the last cruise YOU were on?" And here comes my shameful answer of, "22 years." :guilty:

YEP. I've been on one cruise, and it was when I was 13 years old. NO BUENO. Ever since I became an agent, I've been saying I was going to get my butt on a ship, just for the experience. But... DISNEY. All my vacation dollars have always gone straight to Disney.

CPLSRttbyIwXm.gif

Now I know what ya'll are thinking: DISNEY CRUISE, DUH. Yeah, that's a nice idea in theory, and maybe someday (I'm actually shooting for my birthday in 2019 for this one). But it's not a great choice for the quick cheap birthday vacation I was searching for this year.

However, THIS is...

Elation---Carnival-Lines.jpg

Carnival Elation
Dec. 3-8, 2016
5-Night Bahamas Itinerary
Departing Jacksonville, FL
Ports of Call: Nassau, Freeport, and Half Moon Cay
Oceanview Cabin

And if you're a cruise snob, don't you dare pee in my cornflakes! I'm quite aware that Carnival isn't the fanciest of all the cruise lines out there, but I don't have anything to compare it to first-hand, so I'm sure I'm going to have a great time. It's kinda the Value Resort of of cruise lines, and ya'll know I ain't got NO problems with an All-Star stay!

I'm also aware that the Elation is one of Carnival's smaller, older ships. ZERO CRAPS GIVEN. Because seriously, ya'll... I'm gonna be on a freakin' cruise for my birthday! Plus there's the fact that I actually sell more Carnival than any other cruise line (because they're the most affordable and have the closest departure ports to where I live), so this actually is going to be really beneficial to me professionally, too. And I got an AMAZEBALLS travel agent rate on that nearly off-set the single supplement fee I have to pay as a solo traveler. I'M EXCITED, YA'LL. :hyper:

EZfSD2dj78kQ8.gif

Now. All that being said. LOL. You know them wheels in my head started turning, and I was like "Hmm. What if I make this a birthday tradition. Since I prefer WDW in the fall over the holiday season anyhow... What if I do one annual WDW trip, and one birthday cruise each year?" So of course, I delve into research.

My first choice for next year's birthday was a 7-8 night. I started with Carnival for money reasons, but I'd have to drive to Port Canaveral to do anything longer than 5 nights no matter which cruise line I choose. So then I'm like "Hey, Royal Caribbean just moved that massively huge ship, the Oasis of the Seas, to PCN to do 7-night itineraries!" So I price it out, but the total still making me grimace, since I do still have my October 2017 Disney trip to finance as well. That single supplement (which basically means that minus the taxes for the second person, I'm still paying as if there's a second person all up in my room and eating up all the ship's food) is freakin' killer sometimes.

So THEN I'm like "Wait a dang minute, Billie... Isn't the Norwegian Epic coming to PCN to do 7-night Caribbean itineraries? Isn't it also one of the largest ships in the world, not too far behind Royal Caribbean's big ones? And isn't it also one of only five cruise liners (all from Norwegian) that has a private lounge tailored for solo travelers, connected to tiny little cool-looking interior cabins they call 'Studios' which are intended for solo guests, and they don't charge the single supplement if you stay in one of those?"

*consults internetz* Why, yes. Yes it most certainly is!

e3C4pNKkr9rji.gif

So that made my choice pretty easy...

Decision made, deposit paid!

epic.jpg

Norwegian Epic
Dec. 2-9, 2017
7-Night Eastern Caribbean Itinerary
Departing Port Canaveral, FL
Ports of Call: Tortola, St. Thomas, Great Stirrup Cay
Interior "Studio" Cabin

Yeah. I"m pretty stoked about this one. My one teensy little regret is that the solo Studios are all interior cabins. I don't need a balcony, as getting too close to the railings actually kinda freaks me out anyhow. But I do think I would prefer having a window, just for the bit of natural light coming into the room. I worry that not having that will be a little disorienting... But honestly, for the price I got the cabin for, I'm quite certain I'll adjust! (I'm only paying $260 more for this cruise than what I'm paying for the 5-night on Carnival!)

P8MxmGnjmytws.gif

So there you have it. I'mma be a busy girl for the next year and a half or so...

Oct. 2016: Disney World!
Dec. 2016: Carnival Cruise!
Feb. 2017: Disney World!
Oct. 2017: Disney World!
Dec. 2017: Norwegian Cruise!

2018: STAY THE EFF HOME AND SAVE UP MY MONIES FOR ADULTING.

Q1pkxm6YtYtzy.gif

For real, though.

No, seriously.

I mean it this time.

I swear.

Really.

Maybe just Star Wars race weekend in February 2018...

That's all I got for this update. Thanks for sticking with me, ya'll. I know I've pretty much been a ghost turd on all of your threads. I'll fix that, I promise! :goodvibes I love you guys!

jQqU9dCKUOdri.gif

Last edited:

Great decisions all the way around:thumbsup2 3 days at Epcot! A woman after my own heart:) I am hoping with our November 2017 F&W trip we will hit Epcot everyday. We will be staying at Beach Club, which will help. So glad you kept the kitty. I know that I would not have been able to give her up. Now, my old deaf cat that keeps screamin' and peeing outside the litter box. That's another story:rolleyes1 Just jokin', sort of:rolleyes: A cruise on Carnival is way better than no cruise at all:sail: I like the way you plan vacations. I have become an addict:o I am starting to rope my son into my plans. I guess I am thinking that I can't disappoint him, so we have to go, right::yes:: Good luck with the FPs.

I've been down lately and feel like I'm in that weird, awkward part of planning where I don't really have much to do but the vacation is still a ways off... AND THEN I READ YOUR POST! I never thought to start outlining the menu items I would like at food & wine festival! I have something to plan yay!!!!!

Congrats on the official new family member! She is a cutie and looks so content with her new fur siblings :) Yay for foster fail and not having to say goodbye!

Very exciting trip news! You will love Tortola and St Thomas! if you have the option look into an excursion to the Baths near Tortola and Trunk Bay in St. Thomas/St. John is to die for!!!

Will comment more when I can see pics (my work computer hides them :sad1:) - but I'm doing the solo cabins on the Norwegian Getaway in October - happy to provide any feedback on what they're like when I get back!

Glad to see an update! The FP wishlist looks good.

Somehow I knew your little Princess wasn't going anywhere...

Congrats on booking the cruises!!

I've been on a few Carnival Cruises and while they aren't my first choice, I had fun on them and I'm sure you will too. I have been on 2 of her sister Ships, Fantasy (I was on it when it was brand new and at the time the biggest cruise ship in the world) and the Fascination in 2000.

Congrats on your Epic booking, I have heard great things about that ship. You'll be fine in an inside cabin. You probably won't spend all that much time in the room anyway.

Ok let me see if I can hit all the highlights!

-races in thibking of a race end of 2017 beginning of 2018 (maybe we will over lap then!
-FP. Yeah! Looks good lots of Epcot time and I love me some Epcot!
-wine and dine, I'm so jel this is something I want to do so bad all day eating and drinking and relaxing, I just don't think toddlers and how I want to do wine and dine work that well....
-cat! Yeah!!!!!!!! I'm so happy you decided to keep her, I know it's hard three cats but she is so cute and I want to mush her, I can only imagine what it's like in person!
-cruises!!!!!! Yahoo I love a birthday vacation! We usually try to do a birthday vacation too (around the same time as we have similar birthdays!)
-I think your going to love it and have so much fun!
-The ncl set up for solo travelers seems great! I think this is a huge selling point and looks amazing (yes I googled it and read up and looked at pics!)
-2018 :rotfl2: I believe you I really do :rotfl2::rotfl2:

WELL that was one hell of an update!
I said it on facebook and i will say it here. I TOLD YOU SO!! I KNEW you were going to keep the cat! You raised her from infant into trouble toddler.. No doubt in my mind you were keeping her or it was going to tear your heart to pieces!

Your clothes are swimming on you your loosing so much weight! I hope you feel better?

WOWZA your a traveling FOOL!! look at you go WOMAN!!!

I've enjoyed following your pre-trip report. And I have to say, I don't know you, but I KNEW you would be that kitty's forever momma! Congratulations!

And much deliberation and soul-searching, I realized that just I couldn't do it.
Princess Cupcake McFluffybutt is one lucky kitty. You did the right thing Billie :hug:

She really does look comfy resting on her booby home :laughing:
And you are looking GREAT! What a difference in the way your face looks!

Oct. 2016: Disney World!
Dec. 2016: Carnival Cruise!
Feb. 2017: Disney World!
Oct. 2017: Disney World!
Dec. 2017: Norwegian Cruise!
This line-up sounds heavenly. Good for you!

2018: STAY THE EFF HOME AND SAVE UP MY MONIES FOR ADULTING.
Yeah, we'll see. :p

WHAAAAT! A real medal would make me so happy! I mean, the plastic ones are cute, I guess... BUT I WANT THE BLINGY BLING!

I know! The email I got yesterday said that all 5ks starting with the Disneyland Half (in September) will have metal medals! So it looks like it's happening :D I actually looked at how much it would be to register for the 5k then was responsible and talked myself down :P

It's the Fever Series by Karen Marie Moning. I'm on book 4 right now, Dreamfever, and so far it's been my favorite one.
This has been on my list forever - but I have so many books on my list, it's a little ridiculous. Are they worth getting into a longish series for?

1. On 10/21, I intend on bee-lining it to RnR for the Single Rider line, hence no FP for it.

This should work great - especially if you are there somewhat early, but even if you aren't it shouldn't be too bad. We got there at rope drop in May and were done with the ride either before or like two minutes after the "official" park opening time. And that was in the regular line!

4. Narrowing down FP choices at MK is freakin' HARD. And yes, I want a picture with fishtail Ariel. Also "Because I can!"

So hard - there are so many things I want to do! It does make it a lot easier to take advantage of the 4th FP and beyond though - you have all these choices, which can be a lot less the case in other parks.

That, of course, it my first draft Food & Wine indulgements wishlist. (And no, that's not any kind of color-coding system you see there. I just wanted to make it PRETTY!) I'm sure once I fill in the prices and add them up, I'll start refining it. But for now... YUM!!!

How did I forget about Food and Wine in this trip? I'm jealous! All of these things sound delicious, and I can't wait to hear about them.

So on July 28th, I filled out the paperwork and paid the adoption fee. She still was spayed on Aug. 2nd, but rather than have to leave her there, I was able to go pick her up and take her home after work. She's found her forever home (on my boobs).

Woo hoo!!! And she's getting so big too! That transformation from kitten to actual cat sized animal is pretty crazy.

Now I know what ya'll are thinking: DISNEY CRUISE, DUH. Yeah, that's a nice idea in theory, and maybe someday (I'm actually shooting for my birthday in 2019 for this one). But it's not a great choice for the quick cheap birthday vacation I was searching for this year.

Haha yeah, maybe not. Cruising is on my list in the next few years, and I'm thinking we may end up doing something a little cheaper than Disney. But who knows :P

Plus there's the fact that I actually sell more Carnival than anything other cruise line (because they're the most affordable and have the closest departure ports to where I live), so this actually is going to be really beneficial to me professionally, too. And I got an AMAZEBALLS travel agent rate on that nearly off-set the single supplement fee I have to pay as a solo traveler. I'M EXCITED, YA'LL. :hyper:

See, that is totally a plus. It will be awesome, great for your work, and you can't beat a good rate!

looking interior cabins they call 'Studios' which are intended for solo guests, and they don't charge the single supplement if you stay in one of those?"

That sounds super great - one of these days I want a solo trip!

For real, though.

No, seriously.

I mean it this time.

I swear.

Really.

This is definitely us right now. "Oh yeah, 2017 we'll just have the May Disney trip and that will be it." And now we have January and February and May :P We may need help, but it sure is fun!

Wow! What a great update! Your fast pass selections look great. I'm loving your spreadsheets. I need to set one up for our vacation (although my dad told me not to put him on a spreadsheet:rolleyes1).
I just knew you would keep Princess. I think I told you when you first posted a picture you would get attached. What a special place she must have in your heart. Such a cute family.:love:
Your plans look amazing. I can't wait to read all about your adventures!

I suspect that if I just color coded spreadsheet-ed my everyday life I'd be happier - look at that pretty spreadsheet of yumminess!
Pretty spreadsheets make my heart happy!!! :lovestruc

Of course, congratulations on your Cupcake decision, you deserve to be happy!
Thanks! She's a stinker!

And you will totally have fun on the Carnival cruise. Of course, it's the only cruise I've been on, but it was super fun, and I liked the more casual vibe. It's all exciting!
I'm sure I'll enjoy it! I am going to try to keep rotating cruise lines though, because I want to experience them all. (Just like I refuse to stay in the same Disney resort twice!)

Great decisions all the way around:thumbsup2 3 days at Epcot! A woman after my own heart:) I am hoping with our November 2017 F&W trip we will hit Epcot everyday. We will be staying at Beach Club, which will help.
YAAASSSS! That's exactly why I chose to Beach Club for this trip, for the easy access to Epcot! A dream come true!

So glad you kept the kitty. I know that I would not have been able to give her up. Now, my old deaf cat that keeps screamin' and peeing outside the litter box. That's another story:rolleyes1 Just jokin', sort of:rolleyes:
Awww, but you loves your old deaf peebox-missin' kitty, you know you do!

A cruise on Carnival is way better than no cruise at all:sail: I like the way you plan vacations. I have become an addict:o I am starting to rope my son into my plans. I guess I am thinking that I can't disappoint him, so we have to go, right::yes::
I'm ALWAYS planning vacations, be they real or fantasy. I'm in the right business, I guess!

Good luck with the FPs.
Thanks! Hoping everything works out according to plan!

I've been down lately and feel like I'm in that weird, awkward part of planning where I don't really have much to do but the vacation is still a ways off... AND THEN I READ YOUR POST! I never thought to start outlining the menu items I would like at food & wine festival! I have something to plan yay!!!!!
Hooray! So good I could inspire you to happiness! (Thinking about food sure does make me happy...)

Congrats on the official new family member! She is a cutie and looks so content with her new fur siblings :) Yay for foster fail and not having to say goodbye!
My first foster was a TOTAL foster fail. Oops!! #sorrynotsorry

Very exciting trip news! You will love Tortola and St Thomas! if you have the option look into an excursion to the Baths near Tortola and Trunk Bay in St. Thomas/St. John is to die for!!!
OOOOOHH! Thank you for the tips! As that cruise is still a year and a half away, it's too early for me to browsse shore excursions. But I'll definitely reference your advice when the time comes!

Will comment more when I can see pics (my work computer hides them :sad1:) - but I'm doing the solo cabins on the Norwegian Getaway in October - happy to provide any feedback on what they're like when I get back!
OOH OOH OOH! How exciting!!! I would love to hear ALL all about your experience!

Glad to see an update! The FP wishlist looks good.
Thanks! I hope it all comes together on FP Day!

Somehow I knew your little Princess wasn't going anywhere...
Why does everybody keep saying that? :scratchin :laughing:

Congrats on booking the cruises!!

I've been on a few Carnival Cruises and while they aren't my first choice, I had fun on them and I'm sure you will too. I have been on 2 of her sister Ships, Fantasy (I was on it when it was brand new and at the time the biggest cruise ship in the world) and the Fascination in 2000.
Funnily enough... The one cruise I said I went on 22 years ago, when I was a kid? So 1994-ish? Yeah. The Carnival Fantasy. :laughing: Must have been around the same time you sailed on her!

Congrats on your Epic booking, I have heard great things about that ship. You'll be fine in an inside cabin. You probably won't spend all that much time in the room anyway.
I know I won't! That's exactly why I went ahead and jumped on the opportunity. This upcoming cruise on the Elation will be a test run, but knowing me, I have a feeling that I'll be spending the majority of my time on the islands while in port, and otherwise (a) exploring the ship, (b) eating all the things, and (c) lounging on the adults-only deck with a book in one hand and a cocktail in the other.

Ok let me see if I can hit all the highlights!
You did good!

-races in thibking of a race end of 2017 beginning of 2018 (maybe we will over lap then!
I hope so!!!

-FP. Yeah! Looks good lots of Epcot time and I love me some Epcot!
You and me both, girl!

-wine and dine, I'm so jel this is something I want to do so bad all day eating and drinking and relaxing, I just don't think toddlers and how I want to do wine and dine work that well....
Put that baby in a kids club or hire one of them sitters than comes to your room! Or better yet, send her to grandma and go have you a Mommy/Daddy vacation!

-cat! Yeah!!!!!!!! I'm so happy you decided to keep her, I know it's hard three cats but she is so cute and I want to mush her, I can only imagine what it's like in person!
She's super mushable, that's for sure. Well. I mean. When she's not trying to murder everything/body in sight...

-cruises!!!!!! Yahoo I love a birthday vacation! We usually try to do a birthday vacation too (around the same time as we have similar birthdays!)
I've spent TOO many birthdays bored at home! NO MORE, I SAY!!!

-The ncl set up for solo travelers seems great! I think this is a huge selling point and looks amazing (yes I googled it and read up and looked at pics!)
Oooh, so glad you looked it up! I almost shared a photo of the adorable cabins, but thought that might be overkill. They're pretty awesome though, right? Tiny, but super fun! I don't need much room!

-2018 :rotfl2: I believe you I really do :rotfl2::rotfl2:
IT'S TRUE I SWEAR IT FOR REALS.

WELL that was one hell of an update!
That's what happens when I lose 99% of my DIS time and only update once a month! Writing the TR for this trip is going to take a million years...

I said it on facebook and i will say it here. I TOLD YOU SO!! I KNEW you were going to keep the cat! You raised her from infant into trouble toddler.. No doubt in my mind you were keeping her or it was going to tear your heart to pieces!
I think I could have dealt with my own sadness over to giving her up. It's HER sadness that broke me. She's sooo attached to me, people who have met her and seen us together have even commented on it. The thought of her sitting in that shelter, not understanding where I was or why I left her... I just couldn't do it, man. So now we're stuck with each other!

Your clothes are swimming on you your loosing so much weight! I hope you feel better?
To be fair, that shirt SHOULD be swimming on me. It's a pajama top. :laughing: But thank you! And yes, definitely feeling better!

I've enjoyed following your pre-trip report. And I have to say, I don't know you, but I KNEW you would be that kitty's forever momma! Congratulations!
Ha! Everybody keeps saying that! I don't mind, though!

Princess Cupcake McFluffybutt is one lucky kitty. You did the right thing Billie :hug:
I sure hope you're right! (As she's eating my laptop cord at the moment and I'm doubting my life choices...):laughing:

She really does look comfy resting on her booby home :laughing:
And you are looking GREAT! What a difference in the way your face looks!
A few people have said that, but it's just a good angle, I swear!x

This line-up sounds heavenly. Good for you!
I dunno. I think "Heavenly" will be if I manage to squeeze in something in between Feb 2017 and October 2017... THEN it'll be just about perfect! :rotfl:

I know! The email I got yesterday said that all 5ks starting with the Disneyland Half (in September) will have metal medals! So it looks like it's happening :D I actually looked at how much it would be to register for the 5k then was responsible and talked myself down :P
YAAASSSS! Oh oh oh! This is EXCITING! I had no idea! BLING BLING, YO!

This has been on my list forever - but I have so many books on my list, it's a little ridiculous. Are they worth getting into a longish series for?
Okay, so my impression so far. It's a REALLY good urban fantasy series, I totally see why it's so popular. I digging the story, the setting, the pacing, the supporting characters. My one and ONLY complaint is the main character, Mac. She is absolutely HORRIBLE. Like, just really really irritating and immature. She's at her worst in the first book, but she does definitely get better in the second book and after. But she's still a twit and I hate her. Ungrateful self-absorbed brat. But the supporting characters are pretty much all MAGNIFICENT (Barrons in particular, but also V'lane), so that helps me get past my hatred of her and continue reading.

This should work great - especially if you are there somewhat early, but even if you aren't it shouldn't be too bad. We got there at rope drop in May and were done with the ride either before or like two minutes after the "official" park opening time. And that was in the regular line!
I think it'll be okay! I've used the single rider line at RnR, and have never had trouble. Definitely want to cross it off the bucket list as soon as I get in the park, though!

So hard - there are so many things I want to do! It does make it a lot easier to take advantage of the 4th FP and beyond though - you have all these choices, which can be a lot less the case in other parks.
Do you know I've NEVER done more than my 3 pre-booked FPs? I just could never be fussed to stand in line at the kiosks. But now that you can do it on the app on your phone, I think I'm going to give it a try this time!

How did I forget about Food and Wine in this trip? I'm jealous! All of these things sound delicious, and I can't wait to hear about them.
Food & Wine is the whole point of this trip! Hence the BC stay and all the Epcot days! Om nom nom!

Woo hoo!!! And she's getting so big too! That transformation from kitten to actual cat sized animal is pretty crazy.
She's growing like a WEED. I think when I brought her home, she was the size of her back leg now! It's insane!

Haha yeah, maybe not. Cruising is on my list in the next few years, and I'm thinking we may end up doing something a little cheaper than Disney. But who knows :P
Disney is definitely the best, but they also command the highest fares. I'm starting at the low end of the price tiers, and working my way up! The ones I most want to eventually hit over the course of the next 6 years or so are Carnival, Norwegian, Royal Caribbean, Disney, Princess, and Celebrity. Then decide which one I like best!

See, that is totally a plus. It will be awesome, great for your work, and you can't beat a good rate!
Yep! That's how I'm justifying it to myself. RESEARCH!!! :goodvibes

That sounds super great - one of these days I want a solo trip!
Leave that man of yours at home! Go do your thing, girl!

This is definitely us right now. "Oh yeah, 2017 we'll just have the May Disney trip and that will be it." And now we have January and February and May :P We may need help, but it sure is fun!
HAHAHA! It's an addiction! We have problems, girl! :rotfl:

Wow! What a great update! Your fast pass selections look great. I'm loving your spreadsheets. I need to set one up for our vacation (although my dad told me not to put him on a spreadsheet:rolleyes1).
Tell your Pops that you grown, and you do what you want!

I just knew you would keep Princess. I think I told you when you first posted a picture you would get attached. What a special place she must have in your heart. Such a cute family.:love:
She's a booger. Too cute of a booger to just dump in a shelter. So I'll just learn to be a three-cat household!

Your plans look amazing. I can't wait to read all about your adventures!
I can't wait to commence said adventuring! 2 and a half more months to go!! :hyper:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter