Adulting is Hard, So I'm Running Away! ~ An Oct 2016 PTR ~ Update 10/19: Peace Out, Yo!

This scares me.....I totally do 90% of my disboards at work too.....

Well, somebody finally cottoned on to my screwin' around on company time, because one day I went to login, and THIS URL HAS BEEN BLOCKED blah blah blah. Oopsies! :sad1: At home in the evenings, I don't spend a lot of time on the computer usually. I'm either trying (and failing) to catch up with housework, or (as many already figured out) am lost in a book, or am dealing with my 2 darling well-behaved cats:

OH man! That's a bummer!

Speaking of Cupcake, AKA Murder Kitten, she's now 9 weeks old, super healthy, and completely full of violence:

:rotfl2: She's a feisty one!

making my 2017 reservations!

:banana:Yea!

So that's a total of 7 of us between four Preferred rooms at All-Star Movies! (It's the only Value resort that I haven't stayed at yet, so I'm using the opportunity to cross it off my bucket list, and it's a great budget-friendly option for everybody).

Wow, that's quite the group! cool that you get to check the last value off your bucket list.

February 20-25, 2017

NNNNOOOOOOOO! I was really hoping your dates would extend past the 25th. I'll be there with my oldest daughter Feb 25-March 2. Pooh! I didn't realize until a couple of days after I booked that it was Princess Half marathon weekend. I was so excited I might get just a couple of minutes to say hi in person.
:sad:

October 10-15, 2017: This trip is purely to squeeze one more trip out of my annual pass before it expires! And this one will be SOLO! (I'm gonna need it after dealing with all them folks in February, whew!) Booked at Port Orleans Riverside, in a Garden-View Royal Guest room. Might end up adding a night to this trip. Or at l

That a girl!

Last edited:
Well, somebody finally cottoned on to my screwin' around on company time, because one day I went to login, and THIS URL HAS BEEN BLOCKED blah blah blah.
How DARE they?!

Speaking of Cupcake, AKA Murder Kitten, she's now 9 weeks old, super healthy, and completely full of violence:

violence.jpg
Oh my gosh! Your poor legs :eek:

YAY for booking your 2017 trips :woohoo:

Once in a while mine will go away too. But it comes back!
So here hoping your comes back too

Glad every thing is OK! Going to see what your reading now.. I haven't updated my good reads in so long.

Well, somebody finally cottoned on to my screwin' around on company time, because one day I went to login, and THIS URL HAS BEEN BLOCKED blah blah blah.

But ... but ... you need the DIS for work! You can use it to do research for your Disney clients!!!
That should be enough of a reason to get it unblocked, right?

I'm either trying (and failing) to catch up with housework

Story of my life...

Murder kitten. That doesn't sound like fun.

February 20-25, 2017: Family trip, and the Princess 5K! My Aunt Debby and Uncle Mark will be joining me again for this trip, as well as their good friend Dorethea, and their oldest son's family: My cousin Nick, his wife Alex, and their 12-year-old daughter Ryann. (Dorethea, Alex, and Ryann all want to do the 5K with me, too!) So that's a total of 7 of us between four Preferred rooms at All-Star Movies! (It's the only Value resort that I haven't stayed at yet, so I'm using the opportunity to cross it off my bucket list, and it's a great budget-friendly option for everybody). And though I can't even keep up with this PTR, I might go ahead and start up the PTR for this February trip soon, if only so I can talk about... what else?... ADRs! Funnily enough, my FP+ date for October 2016 and my ADR date for February 2017 both fall during the SAME WEEK in August, so that's going to be an exciting (and sleepless) week for me!

Well ... that's a lot of people. But it will be fun to have people around for the race. Registration is Tuesday ... so soon! Apparently advance registration is not selling out super fast, but I hope you're still prepared to register at 12 EST exactly! Check social media for the links, they're usually more reliable than the runDisney website (but check there too) ... and fair warning, the registration site has been known to crash during Princess registration ... don't panic if it does, just keep refreshing until it goes back up.
Let me know if you have any questions about registration - I'm practically an expert by now (well, not really, but I pretend).

October 10-15, 2017: This trip is purely to squeeze one more trip out of my annual pass before it expires! And this one will be SOLO! (I'm gonna need it after dealing with all them folks in February, whew!) Booked at Port Orleans Riverside, in a Garden-View Royal Guest room. Might end up adding a night to this trip. Or at least doing that thing I do where I drive down the night before and crash someplace cheap, then get an early start on my Disney fun the next morning. We'll see how savings and money and such goes, and I'll decide!

Yay! Another solo trip!!

Okay, that's it for Disney news. The only other thing that I have to talk about is BOOKS. And since I've done so much reading since ya'll last heard from me over a month ago (I've actually read 15 books since my last update here), I'm just going to leave this link here, so you can explore all my recent reads. I would love to chat about them!

I keep getting alerts from Goodreads about all the books you're reading. You're so awesome, I can't keep up! (Although, in my defense ... I'm doing a Harry Potter reread in anticipation of the Cursed Child scripts coming out soon, and that's not so exciting)

Shut up, I know you both wanna lick that enormous forehead while running your fingers through those dirty smelly dreadlocks. Don't even lie, ya'll.

giphy.gif

I feel your pain about the work situation. We are getting ready to move offices within the next week or so and my new desk is now smack dab in the middle of the open area so EVERYONE can see my computer monitor. :( :( :(

I'll be here with you next week doing double digit dancing.

So that's a total of 7 of us between four Preferred rooms at All-Star Movies!

That's a lot of people - but it will hopefully be fun to have people with you during the race and to celebrate with after!

I might go ahead and start up the PTR for this February trip soon, if only so I can talk about... what else?... ADRs! Funnily enough, my FP+ date for October 2016 and my ADR date for February 2017 both fall during the SAME WEEK in August, so that's going to be an exciting (and sleepless) week for me!

Ahh! My favorite thing :D I did the early registration thing, so my February trip is actually official now - and I can get excited! Need to work on my current TR, but I'm itching to start a PTR (even though there's nothing to write yet). I realized our FP day for that trip is the day after Christmas - which may be really interesting, but we'll get it done. Thankfully that is not a trip that needs a whole ton of FPs because I need to still be able to do the race :P

Good luck on registration - we had two computers going right at 12:00 and were very successful with it - but I know some people did have issues with Active, etc.

Also, another solo trip - woo hoo!!!! I live vicariously through yours since I don't think I'll ever get to do one (at least in the near future). I guess it's a good thing that my husband and in-laws love Disney so much though :P

I'm looking forward to the double digit party :D That always seems like a big milestone to me!

Holy scratched up legs, Batman! She's a handful!
Speaking of cats I thought we were going to lose my Jackie last week. He didn't eat or drink for 6 days and wasn't moving around.......he's 12, and I've had enough cats to know what those are signs of :( But luckily after a visit to the vet we found out it was something with his liver that was easy to fix and so he's back to his crazy-a** self, albeit down from his 25lbs to a mere 20 :P

SO jealous you have your 2017 trips booked, and you're heading down on my bday in February! That should be fun planning for 7 although wrangling everyone once there......yeah, good thing you have that solo trip booked!

Hello hello! I've dropped off the DIS lately! But otherwise, I'm just peachy! I hope you are, too! :hug:

Yep, graduated, found a job, and am waiting to take my Boards on the 20th. Lots of big, but amazing changes. And did I mention my trip is in 93 days?!?

So basically, here's what had happened: You all know that I do most of my DISing at work, because lazy. Well, somebody finally cottoned on to my screwin' around on company time, because one day I went to login, and THIS URL HAS BEEN BLOCKED blah blah blah. Oopsies! :sad1:
Don't ya just love the government :-) Ours has been blocked or a while now so its usually weekend mornings and the occasional evening for me.

She's 2.4 lbs, so I figure by the end of this month, it'll be time to give her up. (At 3 lbs, the rescue I'm working with will spay her and send her to live in their adoption center so that she has a chance of being found by her new forever family!)
Wow, that is some feisty kitty. How great of you to keep her for this long. She's lucky to have found you.

February 20-25, 2017: Family trip, and the Princess 5K! My Aunt Debby and Uncle Mark will be joining me again for this trip, as well as their good friend Dorethea, and their oldest son's family: My cousin Nick, his wife Alex, and their 12-year-old daughter Ryann. (Dorethea, Alex, and Ryann all want to do the 5K with me, too!) So that's a total of 7 of us between four Preferred rooms at All-Star Movies! (It's the only Value resort that I haven't stayed at yet, so I'm using the opportunity to cross it off my bucket list, and it's a great budget-friendly option for everybody). And though I can't even keep up with this PTR, I might go ahead and start up the PTR for this February trip soon, if only so I can talk about... what else?... ADRs! Funnily enough, my FP+ date for October 2016 and my ADR date for February 2017 both fall during the SAME WEEK in August, so that's going to be an exciting (and sleepless) week for me!
Wow for a solo girl, that sure is a lot of family :-) Having just gotten back from a week at the beach with 15 of our closest family members I can only say best of luck to you.

Did you get signed up for the Princess? Jason was going to do it, but then we realized it is 4 days after our annual passes expire and we don't plan on renewing them next year. September of 2017 is our 10th wedding anniversary and we're thinking of a trip to either Napa/Sonoma, Hawaii, or maybe Disneyland if we want to take the little one along. We'll likely go sometime in late January or early February, but sadly no overlap for us this time.

Sweet photo!

Don't go 15 more books before we get another update! LOL!
I'm not currently into fantasy but I'm going to check out the books you've got on goodreads.

So glad to "hear" from you! Looking forward to your other PTR!

Wow...sorry you got busted lol. But you have still been busy planning more trips!!

February 20-25, 2017: Family trip, and the Princess 5K!

This is so awesome. I just looked at the site and registration starts tomorrow doesn't it? July 12? I am considering registering for the 10K...but....I just don't know if I can commit yet...although I know these things tend to sell out super early....

Well I've missed you!

I don't do to much DIS at work, I do on my phone but I try not to do it on my work computer during work.... Because we have such an open environment everyone can see everything you do!

That kitty is cute... The scratches on your legs not so much!

If we do fall 2017 we are totally going to miss you again, I am thinking maybe beginning on November.... I was debating the princess 5k.... But thinking of passing this time...I guess I have 24 hours to decide....

Since February has been mentioned before...
The prevailing theory is that Belle will be the princess featured at the 2017 races.

Here's the image that runDisney included in the registration reminder email:
qHodQMe1EAZtuiFIIp71c2MRvNqZiqqs9xbEVqYt434yylha6qxVylScGt0DPhoCXp1ntaEk1O8m6En086jxiYNy6dQ1UmDrpv-J8cBYWDPxhEPbUQDXG0sUQLM68z1Aj5ASzQgaJ-s=s0-d-e1-ft

It makes sense, especially because the live action movie is coming out in March 2017.
SAY WHAAAAAAAAAAT?!?!?! For serious??!?!?!? I thought they already did Belle? Am I mistaken? Can they do Belle again? YOU KNOW BELLE IS MY FAVORITE, RIGHT?! RIGHT?!!!!

Boo! How dare they! But I understand your evening situations. I have lofty goals of writing updates on my TR but I'm just too tired at night and Netflix and my book are calling my name...
For real. I've gotten to lately when I'm home, only want my books. I can't remember the last time I even turned on my television, to be honest.

Yay! I'm tossing around the idea of a 5K or 10K at some point. I started the Couch to 5K program so maybe by 2018 I can hang with a 10K? But this sounds like a great trip! It should be lots of fun having everyone around to cheer you on!
DOOO EEETTT! I'd like to aspire to a 10K someday, but it will come down to how much my knees can tolerate. I'm definitely shooting for the Star Wars race weekend in April 2018, though! Either the 5K or the 10K!

YAY again! I'm think this will be perfect to balance out your big family trip. You can do Disney your way on this trip!
That's kinda the idea. Since I've got a huge solo trip 4 months before (Oct 2016) the family trip (Feb 2017), and then another solo one just 8 months (Oct 2017) after the family trip, I'm hoping that will give me more patience and tolerance for said family!

This is one of my all time favorite books. The book has So much more in it! I almost named my first son Bastian..but my x - husband refused (of corse he wasn't my x then)
Shoulda done it anyhow. Once it's on the birth certificate, he can't do crap about it. #thisiswhyimsingle

Have you tried getting to the dis through Google search? My work blocks certain sights too but we have found a work around where if you Google it and then go to it from the link on Google it will pull up. Not that I am trying to get you in trouble or any thing... Lol
I did try this after you suggested it... No luck! LOL

There you are! You've been missed. I figured you must be lost in a book somewhere. 15 books, now that's impressive.
Too bad about the work situation though.
Do be fair, 3/15 of those were novellas, so pretty short. Really shouldn't even count, but they do. At least on GoodReads, which is what I use to keep track of my reading.

Glad to hear that Cupcake is doing well.
She's insanely healthy, the vet tech is constantly amazed at how well she's doing!

And yay on booking two more trips! How exciting!
I KNOW! I have to have a reason to wake up every morning, man. Disney is my anti-drug!

That's pretty sneaky of them to do that to you. I have been guilty of doing that, too, but since I am in charge of the IT issues at work, I guess I'm safe. ;)
Come be in charge of IT at my work and give me back my DIS time, please!

I can't wait for our fastpass window to open for our Oct 1st date. There are a couple new rides that I'm anxious to go on. And there is the new Star Wars show and whatever at AK. And there is a new castle show at MK to see. It is nice to have so many new things to look forward to. :)
I know!! I'm so stoked for all the new stuff!!! It's so EXCITING!!!

We are trying two new restaurants - Narcossee for dinner and Kona Cafe for lunch. Our daughter ate at those restaurants last month and gave them high praise.
Oooooh. Narcoosee's has been on my bucket list for ages. I did Kona for breakfast in December and it was WONDERFUL.

This scares me.....I totally do 90% of my disboards at work too.....
I know. I had a private little meltdown when I realized what had happened!

:rotfl2: She's a feisty one!
If by "feisty" you mean "insane," then YEP.

Wow, that's quite the group! cool that you get to check the last value off your bucket list.
Too big of a group. But I'll make the best of it and have a good time. It helps that I've bookended the family trip with confirmed solo trips!

NNNNOOOOOOOO! I was really hoping your dates would extend past the 25th. I'll be there with my oldest daughter Feb 25-March 2. Pooh! I didn't realize until a couple of days after I booked that it was Princess Half marathon weekend. I was so excited I might get just a couple of minutes to say hi in person.
:sad:
I WANTED to do Feb. 23-28, and that was my original plan! But that didn't work as well for my uncle to take time off from work, where as I can take vacation leave anytime really. So I agreed to adjust everything to Feb. 20-25. Maaaaaaaaan, now I'm bummed to be missing you, though!!!

How DARE they?!
FOR REAL.

Oh my gosh! Your poor legs :eek:
I know. She's BRUTAL.

YAY for booking your 2017 trips :woohoo:
Super Yay! I'm so looking forward to it all!

Once in a while mine will go away too. But it comes back!
So here hoping your comes back too
Mine used to me like that too. Not this time. This one is the big for reals URL block. Booo.

Glad every thing is OK! Going to see what your reading now.. I haven't updated my good reads in so long.
I've noticed! Slacker!

But ... but ... you need the DIS for work! You can use it to do research for your Disney clients!!!
That should be enough of a reason to get it unblocked, right?
You would think, right? But the request would have to go through my manager. Who I'm 99% sure is the reason it's been blocked to begin with. Sooooo... no.

Well ... that's a lot of people. But it will be fun to have people around for the race. Registration is Tuesday ... so soon! Apparently advance registration is not selling out super fast, but I hope you're still prepared to register at 12 EST exactly! Check social media for the links, they're usually more reliable than the runDisney website (but check there too) ... and fair warning, the registration site has been known to crash during Princess registration ... don't panic if it does, just keep refreshing until it goes back up.
Let me know if you have any questions about registration - I'm practically an expert by now (well, not really, but I pretend).
Your RunDisney expertise and advice is ALWAYS appreciated, Sarah!

Yay! Another solo trip!!
Yaaasss!!

I keep getting alerts from Goodreads about all the books you're reading. You're so awesome, I can't keep up! (Although, in my defense ... I'm doing a Harry Potter reread in anticipation of the Cursed Child scripts coming out soon, and that's not so exciting)
NICE! I'm going to read Cursed Child without doing a re-read. I'm pretty much a walking Harry Potter lexicon anyway, so I don't feel too much of a need for a refresher this time around!

I feel your pain about the work situation. We are getting ready to move offices within the next week or so and my new desk is now smack dab in the middle of the open area so EVERYONE can see my computer monitor. :( :( :(
NOT COOL. People need privacy for their mental health breaks throughout the workday!

I'll be here with you next week doing double digit dancing.
Today, lady! TODAAAAY!

That's a lot of people - but it will hopefully be fun to have people with you during the race and to celebrate with after!
It should be fun, yeah! I think. Maybe? I hope!

Ahh! My favorite thing :D I did the early registration thing, so my February trip is actually official now - and I can get excited! Need to work on my current TR, but I'm itching to start a PTR (even though there's nothing to write yet). I realized our FP day for that trip is the day after Christmas - which may be really interesting, but we'll get it done. Thankfully that is not a trip that needs a whole ton of FPs because I need to still be able to do the race :P
WAIT WAIT WAIT. You're going to be there that weekend too? Did I already know this? Did we talk about this? Which race(s) did you sign up for? What are your trip dates? Where are you staying? WHEN CAN WE DISMEET, OMG OMG OMG!

Good luck on registration - we had two computers going right at 12:00 and were very successful with it - but I know some people did have issues with Active, etc.
It was STRESSFUL.

Also, another solo trip - woo hoo!!!! I live vicariously through yours since I don't think I'll ever get to do one (at least in the near future). I guess it's a good thing that my husband and in-laws love Disney so much though :P
I'm a bit of a misanthrope at heart, and very introverted, and live alone in RL, so traveling to Disney alone is definitely my comfort zone!

I'm looking forward to the double digit party :D That always seems like a big milestone to me!
TODAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!

Holy scratched up legs, Batman! She's a handful!
She's so full of murder!

Speaking of cats I thought we were going to lose my Jackie last week. He didn't eat or drink for 6 days and wasn't moving around.......he's 12, and I've had enough cats to know what those are signs of :( But luckily after a visit to the vet we found out it was something with his liver that was easy to fix and so he's back to his crazy-a** self, albeit down from his 25lbs to a mere 20 :P
Awww, poor boobums! I'm so glad to hear he's doing better, though!!!

SO jealous you have your 2017 trips booked, and you're heading down on my bday in February! That should be fun planning for 7 although wrangling everyone once there......yeah, good thing you have that solo trip booked!
Yes, that's exactly why I'ved bookended the family trip with solo trips... I think it's the only thing that's going to keep me sane!

Yep, graduated, found a job, and am waiting to take my Boards on the 20th. Lots of big, but amazing changes. And did I mention my trip is in 93 days?!?
WOOO! Congratulations on all counts, girl! That' fantastic!

Don't ya just love the government :-) Ours has been blocked or a while now so its usually weekend mornings and the occasional evening for me.
It's nonsense, I tell you! Utter nonsense! Government workers need mental health breaks more than anybody else!

Wow, that is some feisty kitty. How great of you to keep her for this long. She's lucky to have found you.
I'm trying to give her a good start in life. I just pray whoever adopts her is good to her. I'm terrified she'll end up with people who started out with good intentions when they adopted her, but who end up not taking proper care of her, and she ends up living a miserable life. Like, that fear stresses me out something awful, and makes me want to keep her, even though I know I shouldn't!

Wow for a solo girl, that sure is a lot of family :-) Having just gotten back from a week at the beach with 15 of our closest family members I can only say best of luck to you.
TOO MUCH FAM FOR THIS SOLO GIRL. For sure. I'm hoping my strategy of bookending the family trip with solo trips helps me to cope!

Did you get signed up for the Princess? Jason was going to do it, but then we realized it is 4 days after our annual passes expire and we don't plan on renewing them next year. September of 2017 is our 10th wedding anniversary and we're thinking of a trip to either Napa/Sonoma, Hawaii, or maybe Disneyland if we want to take the little one along. We'll likely go sometime in late January or early February, but sadly no overlap for us this time.
Dangit. We WILL DisMeet one of these days, lady! (For what it's worth, I have tentative plans to do the Star Wars race weekend in 2018... You know, should Jason and Casey be so include to do that again...)

Don't go 15 more books before we get another update! LOL!
I'll try not to! I have about 300 in my reading queue at the moment, though!

I'm not currently into fantasy but I'm going to check out the books you've got on goodreads.
Fantasy is 99% of what I read. Real Life bores me!!!

So glad to "hear" from you! Looking forward to your other PTR!
I'll get it started someday! EVentually! Not until I get caught up on everybody's thread's, though... Some how...

Aww, bummer deal, Billie. I sure miss you!
I miss all my DIS homies! This suuuucks!

Wow...sorry you got busted lol. But you have still been busy planning more trips!!
ALWAYS planning more trips. Which is bad, because I'm supposed to be saving for a newer car. OOOPS.

This is so awesome. I just looked at the site and registration starts tomorrow doesn't it? July 12? I am considering registering for the 10K...but....I just don't know if I can commit yet...although I know these things tend to sell out super early....
Welllll? Did you register?! You know if you end up not being able to make it in 2017, you can defer your registration to the following year. Just saying!

Well I've missed you!
I've missed YOU, baby!!!

I don't do to much DIS at work, I do on my phone but I try not to do it on my work computer during work.... Because we have such an open environment everyone can see everything you do!
I would DIS on my phone at work on my lunch break, but the older-than-dirt government building that I work in gets CRAP for service! Boooo!

That kitty is cute... The scratches on your legs not so much!
She's cute as hell... When she's not being a cold-blooded KILLER.

If we do fall 2017 we are totally going to miss you again, I am thinking maybe beginning on November.... I was debating the princess 5k.... But thinking of passing this time...I guess I have 24 hours to decide....
Wellllll? What was the final verdict?!

Wellllll? What was the final verdict?!

The verdict is for $75 I can't justify possibly not being able to make it..... If it was $35 or $40 I would have signed up and if I had to skip I would have.....hopefully we will both do another race, or visit that over lap soon!

SAY WHAAAAAAAAAAT?!?!?! For serious??!?!?!? I thought they already did Belle? Am I mistaken? Can they do Belle again? YOU KNOW BELLE IS MY FAVORITE, RIGHT?! RIGHT?!!!!

They did Belle a few years ago, so nobody thought they'd do her again so soon. But all signs are pointing to Belle ... we won't know for sure until the medals are revealed (likely in late December or early January, because runDisney sucks with such things), but hopefully they're not just messing with people and you'll get to run in a race themed after your favorite princess!
(You did register, right? If not ... go do it now! After the insanity of registration over the past few years, I'm kinda surprised that only the 10K sold out so far ... runDisney has not been selling out like it used to this year)

40 days until FP+! :cutie:
99 days until WDW!
:hyper:

Hey, ya'll! :grouphug:

Guess what day it is, ya'll?!

IT'S DOUBLE-DIGIT DAAAAAAAAAAY!

Time to dance!!! (Seated dancing for me though, because it's late and I'm tired!)

xT1XGCLSBt98CqmXe0.gif

xT8qB8x9y30aEbfso8.gif

s32YTHiXjhHgI.gif

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter