Adult only trip

We also ate at the Brown Derby Lounge. They have a small plates menu and the full Derby menu is available as well. Seating is outside but we were there on Wednesday when it was on the cooler side and not crowded due to an early park closing.

We just got back, adults only trip for us as well. We loved Portobello's in DTD, in fact we made a second reservation because we liked it so much the first time. Loved the food at Raglan Road, but it was so noisy we could barely stand it. HATED Tusker House for dinner, we were so disappointed; standard buffet fare for dinner, and I think because it was later in the day they were not restocking the food.

We also really liked Coral Reef at EPCOT, and Prime Time Cafe at DHS.

My suggestion--not a restaurant--but a time. If you can, book your dinners later in the evening, especially if you eat at one of the "Signature" restaurants. It will likely make for a quieter, more adult experience.

I agree, and this was going to be my suggestion too. My teens (18 and 16) and I make our dinner ADRs for as late as we can, usually 9:00 or later. We very rarely see little kids at that hour, especially at the better sit down places.

DH and I are taking an adults-only trip next month, and here are a few places we will be eating. Even though our DS is now 20 and doesn't travel with us anymore, we really haven't changed how we eat at WDW. We like a variety of CS and TS options. Food is a big part of any vacation we take!

Jiko
California Grill
Artist Point
Chefs de France
Via Napoli
Yak and Yeti
Brown Derby
Columbia Harbor House
BOG (lunch)
WGP Express

If it was only DH and I, here is our dream line-up

Victoria & Alberts- expensive, very dressy, unforgettable in the best sense

Blue Zoo! Mom and I shared some crab nachos and had great drinks at the bar. A great, more adult place. Famous for seafood and desserts.

We'd probably hit the bars at the various resorts/signatures. Not quite so filling when you share a couple of things and more flexible. Jiko is one I'd love to try.

Raglan Road (DH's favorite) and Via Napoli (my favorite) for casual dining.
Sanaa would be another for casual. We had a 5pm dinner there and were seated by the windows to watch the animals. It was also very calm at that time of day.

For our upcoming adult only trip in April we chose Raglan Road (always a must), Le Cellier, Kouzzina, II Mulino and Jiko.

We always tour with another family, but all the adults get a "date night"...and this past October, my husband and I chose the Dining Room at Wolfgang Puck's. This was a GREAT choice, even though you just never see anything about the place here on the Dis. The food, service and ambiance were absolutely divine!

Aside from all the wonderful suggestions, I'd recommend Raglan Road at Downtown Disney :) Great food and a wonderful atmosphere

Thank you for all the great responses. I am going to talk to hubby and make some decisions. Our window to book opens in a couple of weeks.

Thanks again,

Tracie

Turf Club at the SSR. Love to sit outside. Not ever crowded. You will be right by the boat dock to DTD if you need to take a stroll after dinner. We went for Valentines this year and last year and there was hardly anyone there. It was nice to not feel rushed.

I really enojy Kimonos at the Swan for sushi & atmosphere. We went around 7:30 before the karaoke & found it to be a quiet, relaxing & delicious meal. The walk from Epcot was nice on the water or you can take the boat from the Studios or Epcot. We've recently discovered how fun it is to hang out at the different resort lounges & split appetizers from the menus there to share. During our last trip we had a blast at Tambu Lounge at the Poly & Territory Lounge at Wilderness Lodge. That was a great way to end the night w/the boat rides back to MK as well. Rose & Crown is another of our all time favorites for lunch or dinner-especially if you time it right to stay & see Illuminations from the viewing area. Have fun! :)

If you love steak you can't go wrong with Le Cellier in the Canada pavillion in Epcot. The Maple Creme Brulee is tops as well! ADR's can be hard to come by so make it fast!

my favorites from our adult only trip was Narcosee's , a late dinner so you can catch the water pageant and fireworks , it was by far the quietest and i loved the atmosphere of the restaurant being right on the water , very romantic .
Our favorite breakfast was Captain's Grill , I chose from the a la carte menu .
I'm so jealous, lol , have a great time !

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest