Adult Birthday Surprises=MouseHouse FUN! Update 6/23

The plan for the afternoon/evening was pool time and dinner at the Turf Club at SSR. I had a late dinner planned, 8:30, because I figured we'd want a nap in there too. We are big nappers, well at least I am!

I didn't want to get too comfy in the room cause I would've fallen asleep right away. We changed into our bathing suits and got everything ready for the pool. DH HATES sunscreen (more than busses!). I swear he is such a child when it comes to sunscreen! But, he's Irish and burns soo easily when first in the sun. So I attacked him with the lotion!! ;) I'd rather watch him uncomfortable now than whinning the whole trip from sunburn!

MayFL012.jpg

Not the greatest pic but it looks like we stopped for a drink before heading to the pool! :goodvibes

We decided to trek to the main pool cause I wanted to show DH the slide and the whole area. It was soo hot and I had no idea how to get to the pool if we tried to walk (or take the bus) so we drove. We found some chairs in the semi-shade, perfect for us!
We went in the water right away, it was sooo hot out! The pool was hopping! Little kids and families everywhere. I asked Dh if he wanted to try the slide and we agreed we'd both do it. I went down 1st and it was a great ride! I think I read SSR has the longest slide in all the resorts at WDW :confused3 . DH came down after me but a funny thing happened. A lot of parents wait at the bottom for thier kids to come down to 'catch' them. Well lady got right up to the slide after I came down. I think she thought her child was next. DH came down and made a HUGE splash in the water! She got some of the splash and was a bit surprised I think!

We stayed in the pool for a bit and then went over to the hot tub. I know kids think the hot tub is a big bath but I really don't get how in the middle of a hot day parents can let little kids in those things! It was sooo hot! There had to be two maybe 7 year olds in there. I just don't get it!

I went to lounge and Dh went back in the pool. Here's when another funny event happened. Our chairs were along the path to the bathroom so I kept seeing people walk to/from the bathrooms. This little kid, maybe 5 at the most I tell ya, came out of the bathroom and his bathing suit was down around his ankles :eek: Now, I get it that he was just a kid but #1-why was this little kid using the bathroom by himself, #2-if you know your kid can't pull up his own suit why let him go potty by himself, #3-it's kind of creepy seeing a kid walking around a public area with his pants down. He was kind of walking slowly (duh! his pants were around his ankles) so I asked him were his parents were and he just stared blankly at me and started tugging on his pants. So I asked him if he needed some help. I felt kind of akward helping a strange kid pull up his trunks, I didn't really want to touch him, but I felt badly letting him walk around without pants on! And mind you, no one was coming to help him! We got them up and he ran off, DH came up to me and asked why in the world was I talking to a little kid with no pants! I told him if it were my son (which it NEVER would be cause I wouldn't let him go off on his own!) I'd probably want some nice mother to help him!

Anyway, we only stayed at the pool for maybe 2 hours. It was getting hotter and we were dragging a bit.
Only one pool pic!
MayFL014.jpg

We got back to the room at about 3:30. I took a little nap and I think Dh rested and listened to his Ipod. He might've fallen asleep too. At about 5:30 we started making plans for the evening. Seeing DTD across the water made us want to go there. I asked Dh if he wanted to skip the Turf Club and just get something at DTD instead. He thought that would be fun so we got dressed and started off to DTD.
MayFL016.jpg

This was on the walkway to DTD that was pretty much right outside our room.
MayFL015.jpg

MayFL017.jpg

We met a friend too! Actually, being on the 1st level we had a lot of wildlife outside our room. Mostly bunnies and squirrels, and yes, I consider that wildlife!!

TBC...

Nice relaxing way to spend the afternoon! I can't imagine ever letting my child under the age of 12 go to the bathroom by themselves! And no parent in sight astounds me more!! Shame on them :mad:

Your room is in the perfect location being so close to the walkway. Was it far to walk to busses though?

Nice relaxing way to spend the afternoon! I can't imagine ever letting my child under the age of 12 go to the bathroom by themselves! And no parent in sight astounds me more!! Shame on them :mad:

Your room is in the perfect location being so close to the walkway. Was it far to walk to busses though?

My DS is 3 so I'm used to little kids and I swear this kid was not over the age of 5. Not only was the bathroom thing an issue but there was a giant POOL that the kid was just wandering around! What do some people think! :confused3

Our room location was good for us being there with no kids. It was a bit far from the main pool/building but that didn't bother us. We actually were quite close to the bus-stop for our section too, although we never used it. We were also very close to the 'quiet' pool in our section and enjoyed that pool too :)

Great TR! SSR is our home resort, we love it there.

Funny story about Sonic - glad you liked it!

Looking forward to more :)

Sounds like such a relaxing afternoon, wonderful!

I'm so glad you helped that little boy, even though I'm sure it was completely weird. It bothers me so much when people don't supervise their children...there's a family on my street that has a little girl about 6 months younger than DS (so she just turned 3 this spring) and LAST summer they let her go play out front all by herself. It really freaked me out.

I can't wait to hear about your evening at DTD!

What a lovely afternoon! I love taking naps by the pool. There is something about all that noise and chaos that puts me right to sleep. I can't believe no one was watching that little boy!!! That is just ridiculous. Madison is 7 and I never let her out of my sight! I won't even let her ride her bike to the corner and back. Call me overprotective, but I don't care. :goodvibes Can't wait to hear about your dinner.

Wow, I'd love a Sonic around here for the drinks and ice-cream alone!
I LOVE US! Are you staying at one of their resorts? Thanks for reading! :cutie:

No :( I just couldn't see spending double the money just for our little trip. We are trying to be "on a budget" - yuck! :sad2:

We are staying at the Double Tree across the street - which is still really close. Can't wait to see the Harry Potter stuff and Nathan loves Curious George so we are hoping to have a relatively relaxing trip (wishful thinking - :lmao: )

And, I can't believe the little boy was just wandering around the pool area. I am glad you helped him and not some crazy person - (I mean just cause you are at Disney doesn't mean bad things can't happen :eek: )

I am loving your trip report and pics. We will be at SSR in 17 days and hopefully Congress Park, that is where we always request, and have been lucky enough to get so far.

Ahhh what a great pool day!! You and your DH look so relaxed. I am kicking around an adults only trip next May (you are inspiring me!!). I totally would have helped that kid---poor thing!! It will be a looonnngg time before I let my kid go to the bathroom alone on vacation when I am not in full view :scared1: So happy you are such a kind stranger!

Great TR! SSR is our home resort, we love it there.

Funny story about Sonic - glad you liked it!

Looking forward to more :)

I loved the themeing at SSR. It was so beautiful and clean looking. The only negative is the size of the place. It is HUGE!

Sounds like such a relaxing afternoon, wonderful!

I'm so glad you helped that little boy, even though I'm sure it was completely weird. It bothers me so much when people don't supervise their children...there's a family on my street that has a little girl about 6 months younger than DS (so she just turned 3 this spring) and LAST summer they let her go play out front all by herself. It really freaked me out.

I can't wait to hear about your evening at DTD!

That is crazy about the little girl playing by herself! It would worry me and it's not even my own kid! We did enjoy the relaxation very much! :goodvibes

What a lovely afternoon! I love taking naps by the pool. There is something about all that noise and chaos that puts me right to sleep. I can't believe no one was watching that little boy!!! That is just ridiculous. Madison is 7 and I never let her out of my sight! I won't even let her ride her bike to the corner and back. Call me overprotective, but I don't care. :goodvibes Can't wait to hear about your dinner.

It's not being overprotective, it's being realistic in today's world. Sad though! We live on a dead-end with no backyard neighbors. Kids are always around playing in the street and walking the 'hood. My DH grew up in our house so he's used to the activity but it scares me. I mean these are little kids riding bikes in the street and wandering 4 blocks away on their own.

No :( I just couldn't see spending double the money just for our little trip. We are trying to be "on a budget" - yuck! :sad2:

We are staying at the Double Tree across the street - which is still really close. Can't wait to see the Harry Potter stuff and Nathan loves Curious George so we are hoping to have a relatively relaxing trip (wishful thinking - :lmao: )

And, I can't believe the little boy was just wandering around the pool area. I am glad you helped him and not some crazy person - (I mean just cause you are at Disney doesn't mean bad things can't happen :eek: )

Ooo, Curious George is big at our house too! We read the books everyday! Have fun!!:wizard:
I am loving your trip report and pics. We will be at SSR in 17 days and hopefully Congress Park, that is where we always request, and have been lucky enough to get so far.

Wow! Have a great vacation! We did like the Congress Park section. It was far from the main building but we had the car so it wasn't an issue. Probably there were shortcuts to get there also but we didn't look around for any.
Thanks for reading along!

Ahhh what a great pool day!! You and your DH look so relaxed. I am kicking around an adults only trip next May (you are inspiring me!!). I totally would have helped that kid---poor thing!! It will be a looonnngg time before I let my kid go to the bathroom alone on vacation when I am not in full view :scared1: So happy you are such a kind stranger!

Yes, relaxation was great! :thumbsup2 Our adults trip was great but we did miss DS and talk about him constantly. He'll go on the next trip though!

And yes, I honestly think that kid was way too little to be going to the bathroom in a pool area by himself. There are crazies in the world, even WDW. I hope he learned how to pull up his pants during the rest of his trip :thumbsup2

We live on a dead-end with no backyard neighbors. Kids are always around playing in the street and walking the 'hood. My DH grew up in our house so he's used to the activity but it scares me. I mean these are little kids riding bikes in the street and wandering 4 blocks away on their own.

I swear this is my street and we live like, 15 minutes from the airport too. LOL. If I wasn't pretty sure that I know everyone that lives here, I would be looking for you every time I went outside. :lmao:

Sorry for the delay in updates. I had a busy Memorial Day weekend. Well, it wasn't actually busy, more like full! We went out on our boat all 3 weekend days. It was sooo nice! Too cold for swimming yet but there was a nice breeze that kept things cool in the shade. We also had a little family party on Monday. It was nice to spend time with my family!

Now on with the show...

When I last reported we were on the walkway to DTD. Let me just say that we were in one of the closest buildings to DTD and it's still a bit of a walk. Maybe between 10-15 mins. You have to walk ALL-THE-WAY around to where the busses pick up. We kept thinking how nice it would be for a bridge from the middle of SSR to the middle of DTD!:thumbsup2
I gave DH an option of some places we could try and eat at. There was a lot of people around but I wasn't too concerned about getting a table somewhere. We had the time to wait if need be. It's great not having a 3yr old who needs to eat NOW with you sometimes! :laughing:
We ended up at Paradisio 37. We liked the look of the menu, we like to share appetizers a lot, and there wasn't a wait for an inside table. WooHoo! Well, the only thing about the inside tables is, at least on this night, no A/C! They had a band outside and the giant windows were all open so they just had giant fans blowing. It was ok, not too hot in there, but the fans blew everything in sight! We couldn't keep any napkins on the table and I swear the sliverwear almost blew away! :laughing:
We started with a pitcher of Sangria! Yummy!
MayFL019.jpg

MayFL020.jpg

We learned Paradisio 37 is named for the 37 countries that make up the Americas. Neat! The atmosphere in there is nice. It's a huge, open restaurant and the tables are pretty spread out. One strange thing was the cover band outside was playing really odd music, switching from Dave Matthews to the Eagles and then a weird Vanilla Ice cover :confused3
We decided to split some skewers, a salsa trio, and crazy corn. All were excellent choices! The skewers were beef and chorizo (I loved the beef and only liked the chorizo). They came with mushrooms and peppers and a really good yogurt based dipping sauce. The salsas were good. One was a salsa verde, one was HOT and one was regular. But the best part of the meal was the crazy corn! The take corn on the cob and season it with pepper and cilantro and some other herbs. Then the cover it with cheese and grill it! Whoever thought of cheese on corn is my new hero!! This was serisouly good!
Our whole meal with tip was $60. Not too bad considering the Sangria was $25 alone.

We headed out into DTD, slightly buzzed and looking for somemore fun! DH loves loves Raglan Rd so we headed that way. We headed to the bar and DH ordered himself a whiskey of some sort and I got a Bailey's Milkshake! :lovestruc
MayFL022.jpg

MayFL023.jpg

This was good but after awhile it ended up tasting like a watered down mudslide. Oh well, it was refreshing and a great dessert!
And now for the possibly WORST pictures of an Irish Dancer ever!
MayFL024.jpg

MayFL021.jpg

These are for you Meghan! :goodvibes Maybe your DD can get a job here someday!
Dh is just not good with the camera but I wanted to show you our entertainment!

After our drinks we wandered around the WOD for a bit. The only thing we bought is a good story...
When we got back from the pool I went to take a shower. I asked DH where my bag of bathroom stuff was. He finished packing up the suitcase that morning as I finished getting ready. DH NEVER helps pack! We keep our suitcases in the basement cause it freaks our dog out if she sees us packing. DH only put the toothbrushes in and closed the suitcase in the basement and took it right out to the car. I had my makeup bag with me but he did NOT bring any of the 3 combs/brushes hair supplies that I needed! Ugh! I was sooo mad! I have HUGE hair that needs desperately to be blow-dried and brushed! It wouldn't have been a big deal if we'd known before as we had the rental car but we didn't have time to go anywhere to get stuff (and admittidly we were a bit tipsy!) before going to DHS the next morning.

So at DTD I purchased one of those mini foldable brushes with a Minnie Mouse on it. Seriously, that's all we could find! And it was $6!

We then headed 'home' along the path again. We got in at about 10:30 and called it a night. We were headed to DHS in the morning!!

I swear this is my street and we live like, 15 minutes from the airport too. LOL. If I wasn't pretty sure that I know everyone that lives here, I would be looking for you every time I went outside. :lmao:

LOL! I suppose that describes a lot of neighborhoods in WNY! We are in Tonawanda. I pretty much describe the way to my house as "drive to the end of the world and then turn left." :rotfl:

LOL! I suppose that describes a lot of neighborhoods in WNY! We are in Tonawanda. I pretty much describe the way to my house as "drive to the end of the world and then turn left." :rotfl:

Hahaha....that is so funny! We're in Tonawanda too!!

Thanks for the Irish dancing pics! That would be totally awesome if Madison got a job there someday WAY in the future. I would have been freaking out if I forgot to pack all of my hair supplies (yes, I call them supplies). I can't brush my hair (it would get too frizzy) so I have to use a pick or a comb. Plus, I need my leave-in conditioner, mousse and gel.

Another WNY'er checking in! I know what you mean about the Sonic commercials!! There are none around, why all the ads?!

I can't believe he forgot your essentials! Ak! I have super thick hair, I'd be lost without my things. Men :laughing:

Subbing!

WOW! We'll be at SSR in 13 days, and are also hoping to stay in Congress Park! Maybe I'll see you around :)

Another WNY'er checking in! I know what you mean about the Sonic commercials!! There are none around, why all the ads?!

I can't believe he forgot your essentials! Ak! I have super thick hair, I'd be lost without my things. Men :laughing:

Subbing!

Hello! I welcome all neighbors! :flower3:
Yes, I was not too happy with DH. Of course he had his hair gel but none of my stuff made it to FL! Oh, and he forgot my glasses too! Good thing I had like, 3 pairs of contacts with me. I only wear my glasses at night but geesh, I was BLIND!

Going to check out your PTR to see if we're going at the same time in Oct!

Can't wait to read about DHS!! popcorn::

Your DTD day seemed really great. We have never been there before. I love your shirt that you had on at dinner. SCORE on the Minnie toothbrush!! hehe

Oh no, you must have been so upset! Lol that you bought a minnie mouse brush though. I forgot my glasses once on a weekend trip...such a pain, I am so completely blind. Even just at night, it's a total inconvenience! Now I always triple check that I have my glasses!

A good night of drinking in DTD sounds good to me! Someday, if DTD still exists, I'll have to have a night out there. Sadly, I've never been able to drink legally in the US...I got pregnant with DS right before I turned 21 and I've been nursing and/or pregnant ever since! (Not that you can't drink while you're nursing, I just haven't bothered, and I never leave the babies so I'd just be drinking at home, which isn't all that enticing...:rolleyes1)

We're in Amherst (Snyder area), so not too far. I used to babysit for the sweetest family who lived "at the end of the world at a left turn" in Tonawanda though...seriously, you drove all the way down sheridan until you could drive no further, and then turned left. I wish I was still in contact with them so I could tell them how to tell people to get to their house, that is too funny!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter