Adult Birthday Surprises=MouseHouse FUN! Update 6/23

We did the animation academy on our recent trip, and DW loved it. She now wants to spend more time at DHS so she can do that a few times - then I can ride ToT to my hearts content. I was more impressed with the characters outside that area. We saw over 20 characters in about 25 minutes there, including ones I've never seen greeting before, like the Evil Queen from Snow White. It was character mecca!

I am a huge fan of the Sci-Fi, love those old trailers...but our DD was a bit freaked out this past trip by some of the "monsters" in the trailers...so we might not go back for a little while. Though I gotta tell ya - you have to try the Oreo Milk Shake - YUM!

Hi there! ooo, now I want a milkshake! I was quite happy with my cherry coke though :goodvibes Good luck counting down til your 'surprise' trip!!

So awesome you got a table so fast!! And right in the middle of lunch :thumbsup2 Seems like you guys are having so much fun---I can not wait to take a couple's trip with my DH and do all of the fun adult rides. Can't wait to read your next update!

I was very surprised to get a table so fast. I think because we were only 2 in this case helped. Hopefully I'll get an update tomorrow.

Happy Father's Day!!!!!!!
Image0326.jpg

An oldie but a goodie!
061408_0029.jpg

Aww, super cute pictures! Happy Father's Day to your DH...he seems like a great dad!

Hi,
I am enjoying your report:thumbsup2. I am from Rochester and we say we wished there was a sonic near by as well. i read you DH bday was May 6th, so is my youngest! Glad you had fun:goodvibes

Great pics of your family (especially the one at Niawanda Park!).

Yes! We LOVE it there! Just rode bikes up that way last night and ate at Old Man River!

Aww, super cute pictures! Happy Father's Day to your DH...he seems like a great dad!

Thanks! Hope your family had a great day as well!

Hi,
I am enjoying your report:thumbsup2. I am from Rochester and we say we wished there was a sonic near by as well. i read you DH bday was May 6th, so is my youngest! Glad you had fun:goodvibes

Fun birthday, yes 5/6 is my DHs too!! Doesn't Sonic food always look sooo yummy in those commercials? It's crazy! :laughing: Thanks for reading.

Sorry for no updates since last week on my TR. We had a sad ending to our Father's Day on Sunday. Our almost 7yr old Pug, Seamus, passed away in the middle of the night. It was very shocking and we are missing him terribly. He was a handful at times but we loved him dearly!
seamus.jpg

dogs_santa.jpg

Goodbye Seamus (aka Mooser) :sad1:

Sorry to hear about your Pug - :grouphug: from all us DISers. We have not had to deal with the loss of any pets yet...both kitties are getting up there (about 10) but are doing fine. We've lost of few of DD fish, but she makes no big deal of it, so neither do we.

BTW, I liked your picture at Niawanda...we haven't been yet this summer, but usually are down there half a dozen times a summer since it's not 15 minutes from our house. We hook our bikes to the van and do a little ride down the bike bath...followed by a big soft custard in a waffle cone a Mississippi Mudd's (fresh-made waffle cone - yum!). The BEST frozen custard around! Now I'm thinking we might have to go one day soon....

Sorry about your dog, how heart breaking. We lost a dog when he was four once, it was sooo hard because he was younger. They really are part of the family.

Sorry to hear about your Pug - :grouphug: from all us DISers. We have not had to deal with the loss of any pets yet...both kitties are getting up there (about 10) but are doing fine. We've lost of few of DD fish, but she makes no big deal of it, so neither do we.

BTW, I liked your picture at Niawanda...we haven't been yet this summer, but usually are down there half a dozen times a summer since it's not 15 minutes from our house. We hook our bikes to the van and do a little ride down the bike bath...followed by a big soft custard in a waffle cone a Mississippi Mudd's (fresh-made waffle cone - yum!). The BEST frozen custard around! Now I'm thinking we might have to go one day soon....

Thanks for the nice thoughts.
We live close enough to ride our bikes down to Niawanda. It's great! I feel biking there more than makes up for all the ice-cream I eat! ;)

Sorry about your dog, how heart breaking. We lost a dog when he was four once, it was sooo hard because he was younger. They really are part of the family.

Thank you. We sure do miss him. It's weird only having the one dog now. I feel badly for her cuase she's missing her dog brother.

Nap time again! :thumbsup2

When we got back to SSR we threw on our bathing suits, grabbed some drinks, and headed to the quiet pool near our room. There were only a handful of people there. We swam for a bit and I tried laying out but it was too darn HOT! I don't love the heat and DH really doesn't love the heat so we headed back after about 1.5 hours.

It was probably around 4pm at this point and I sat down to watch some TV while DH played with his Ipod.
Guess what was on...
MayFL013.jpg

:goodvibes

I think I ended up putting Everybody Loves Raymond on and fell asleep soon after...
I woke up a few mins later...ok, it was 5:30! But I was well-rested!

We decided to head to the Poly for dinner at the Sushi Bar next to Kona Cafe. :banana:
It was May 5th so margaritas were in the plan!

MayFL043.jpg

DH picked up a sweet one, I can't remember what it was but he didn't enjoy it that much so we traded.

MayFL044.jpg

I, on the other hand, chose my favorite, Habenero infused tequila margarita! It's sooo good, just the perfect hint of heat after you drink! Aren't I a nice wife for trading? ;)

We split 2 different sushi plates and DH got a beer at some point. We finished with the chocolate fondue from Kona. THIS IS MY FAVORITE DESSERT! It's tasty chocolate fondue served with strawberries, macaroons, banana, pineapple and cookies. :worship: It's the best!
I like going to the sushi bar because you can order off the Kona menu too and there usually isn't a wait!
Our bill came to $60 including tip. :thumbsup2
Now it was time for TSM round 2!

We got to DHS at about 8:00. It was EMH night till 10pm I think. It wasn't too crowded and most people that were there were in line for Fantasmic. (2 shows that night)
We headed towards TOT and the wait was only 10 mins! Nice! We were quickly on and enjoyed our 'drop'. We went over to RnR, the stand-by line was 30 mins. We decided to do single rider again but I think it backfired on us this time. We probably waited almost 30 mins and we didn't get to ride together this time. I rode with a younger guy and it was his first time on. I told him to watch out cause I am a screamer! :laughing: He just laughed! It was another good ride but it's way more fun with DH!

It was now time to return to TSM for our rematch.
MayFL045.jpg

DH on the way in-Confident??

You know how they show you the scores of each round after you finish? I could tell I might be beating DH again by a bit so I laid off in the last screen. I knew DH would be upset (just bummed) if he lost again and I didn't want that, especially for his birthday the next day, so I didn't put my whole effort into it. Don't tell DH, he probably wouldn't believe it anyway! ;) And who knows, maybe he really was winning?

The result-
MayFL046.jpg

DH WON!!! (I still had better accuracy!)
MayFL048.jpg

"ok, you won, all is right in the world again!" :rotfl:

And so our day at DHS ended. BTW, at 9:30pm during EMH the standby line for TSM was 70mins.

Up next, spa day!!!

Aww, I'm so sorry to hear about your dog. I hope everyone is doing okay.

I just noticed that you posted an update...I can't read it now but I'll come back later and read it!

So sorry to hear about your dog. :hug: We had to put one of our cats to sleep on Christmas Eve last year. It was just awful! We really had no choice.

Your dinner sounds wonderful and you can't go wrong with a margerita on Cinco!

I love that you went without the baby, and you still napped! :lmao:

You are a good wife. Switching drinks AND letting him win? :flower3:

I love all these updates, it sounds like such a wonderful, relaxing time!

So sorry to hear about your dog. :hug: We had to put one of our cats to sleep on Christmas Eve last year. It was just awful! We really had no choice.

Your dinner sounds wonderful and you can't go wrong with a margerita on Cinco!

Sorry to hear of your kitty. It's a hard thing to do :hug:
Yes, margaritas are yummy!!
I love that you went without the baby, and you still napped! :lmao:

You are a good wife. Switching drinks AND letting him win? :flower3:

I love all these updates, it sounds like such a wonderful, relaxing time!
Oh my, I love a good nap! Especially when it's so hot out but you are in nice A/C! :cutie: We did have a lot of fun together but missed DS terribly!

Aaaa, I did it! I booked our airfare for October! Thurs evening-Thurs evening! 7 nights!! WooHoo!! :banana::cool1:

Congrats - that's always "the point of no return"! You flying SWA direct?!?

We'll be there waiting for you! :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter