Adult beverages on the Fantasy...

Where do you get your BBC?

You can get this and most drinks at any of the bars.

My favorite DCL/CC drink is the Tropical Depression...rum, gin, vodka, blue curacao, grenadine, sprite and sweet & sour. Some bartenders put tequila and triple sec in it, but the original recipe from CC was the first version I noted (and the one I like...and make at home).

I don't think I ever have seen a watered down drink. They don't serve really cheap drinks but they don't skimp on the ingredients IMO.

We love the "coffee" in the Cove Cafe. My favourite is the mint mocha latte (espresso, creme de menthe, chocolate syrup). DH once ordered the Cafe Gates (IIRC - espresso, Galliano, Tia Maria and something else alcoholic) and asked for some milk in it. The server look at him appalled - "You can't put milk or cream in it. Here let me put some Bailey's in if you want it creamy". And proceeded to add it. Watered down it was not.

Yes, yes, yes. We were introduced to this a few years ago at the champagne tasting in Pink. I loved it so much we would go to Meridian at least once a day and the server started pouring as soon as she saw me walk in. She would serve it with a twist of lemon peel. I drank several bottles of it one glass at a time.

The only watered down drink I have experienced was at the sail-away party...no flavor, all ice. I just never got another during the sail away, but this round is adults only so I am up to the challenge and want to sample daily :-)

The Konk Kooler is my favorite (notice my ID and avatar) - though not a high-end cocktail. I had two on Castaway Cay (In the big bamboo drink holder). One at the Castaway Air Bar at Serenity Beach and the other at Conched Out Bar. The one at Conched out was blended with less ice and more rum.
Conched Out --good to know. I have never had a Konk Kooler.

I love the Moet Ice - so good and refreshing. A french martini is my go to MDR beverage. And if you like frozen drinks, I love the BBC. It's made with banana. Not the best for the waistline, but it's vacation!

Where do you get your BBC?

Was going to mention the BBC too. DH LOVES that drink. Pretty much an adult milk shake. It has Banana, Bailey’s, and Colada. It is not on their menus, but all the bartenders know how to make them. Any of the bars that have frozen drinks can make a BBC. But most order it around the pool.

Loved the Mango Mojito. Any bar.
At Cove Cafe, loved most of what was made for me. I'd ask the server to make stuff up :)
Anything that had Baileys or Kahula was great but I found it too hot to enjoy in Southern Caribbean. Perfect Alaska beverage though.
Also loved the Sangria that was sold in the atrium every evening before dinner.

We also love Skyline and Oo la la. Great drinks.
The drinks of the day aren’t as strong but they’re only 5$

Loved the Mango Mojito. Any bar.
At Cove Cafe, loved most of what was made for me. I'd ask the server to make stuff up :)
Anything that had Baileys or Kahula was great but I found it too hot to enjoy in Southern Caribbean. Perfect Alaska beverage though.
Also loved the Sangria that was sold in the atrium every evening before dinner.

Oh, the Mango mojito!! I loved that one! Been trying to replicate it at home and I just can't get it right!

The only watered down drink I have experienced was at the sail-away party...no flavor, all ice.

If you got it from the servers wandering around with already pre-filled cups it's probably overly filled with ice to keep them cold while they wander around. If you really want a drink of the day/sailaway drink, go to the bar and order one freshly made.

Oh, the Mango mojito!!

One cruise they had pineapple mojitos. Tasted like fizzy pineapple juice. Until you stood up. Way too easy to drink. I will add Mango Mojito to my list of must trys.

If you got it from the servers wandering around with already pre-filled cups it's probably overly filled with ice to keep them cold while they wander around. If you really want a drink of the day/sailaway drink, go to the bar and order one freshly made.

One cruise they had pineapple mojitos. Tasted like fizzy pineapple juice. Until you stood up. Way too easy to drink. I will add Mango Mojito to my list of must trys.

I agree - the drinks the waiters have on their trays are pre-made and the ice has melted a bit....
Actually any time I ordered the drink of the day, it was way better and stronger at any of the lounges than poolside. They have it pre made there.

The mango mojito though... yum
But you will never see it as drink of the day :(
At least I haven’t.

Would love to try the pineapple mojito!

Last edited:
The only watered down drink I have experienced was at the sail-away party...no flavor, all ice. I just never got another during the sail away, but this round is adults only so I am up to the challenge and want to sample daily :-)

Is there free drinks on the sail away ?

How much is a bottle of Moet Imperial Ice on the ship? Or a glass? We've never had it, but we definitely want to try it after reading about how much everyone loves it! We can't get it here in Alabama (don't get me started on our liquor stores/laws). We're headed to WDW in May and might get a bottle delivered to the resort or might just wait and get one on the Fantasy in December if it's not much more $$.

How much is a bottle of Moet Imperial Ice on the ship? Or a glass? We've never had it, but we definitely want to try it after reading about how much everyone loves it! We can't get it here in Alabama (don't get me started on our liquor stores/laws). We're headed to WDW in May and might get a bottle delivered to the resort or might just wait and get one on the Fantasy in December if it's not much more $$.
Here in Texas at the liquor stores and some grocery stores do carry it between $60-$70. So on the ship I would say a bottle would be $110-$120. A glass would be $13 to $16 easy.

Alright guys, what adult, or pay for beverages, are a must have on the Fantasy? Great cocktails worth the money?
For us its about the atmosphere. We love Meridian for the view out over the stern of the ship, especially on days that you are departing from a port. We also enjoy Skyline Lounge for a selection of really different drinks themed to different locals. Its fun to watch the skyline change every 15 minutes and try to guess where you are now.

Our other must do is to go to the Cove Bar (its an adult only area) on embarkation day. We hit there after we've gotten something to eat and just have a nice tropical beverage while waiting for the staterooms to be open.

I think it was $14 per glass on the ship, and $90ish per bottle. My total wine and more sells it for $60ish per bottle, but they also sell a knock off brand for $15... i plan to try the knock of at home this summer

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest