ADRs made via website, got everything we wanted!

Tormania

DIS Veteran
Well I was up at 5am CDT this morning to secure our 180+10 ADRs for our trip in Dec. Made 7 ADRs, 4 of which we got the exact time we wanted, the other 3 we had to settle for times about 30 minutes to an hour off but still got the places we wanted. Not all of our ADRs were for the hardest to get places but still glad we got everything we wanted. Still took 45 minutes via the website to get them made and twice the website "lost" my login info and I had to login again in order to continue making reservations during the +10 day period. Lots of Click and wait, so good to have patience using the website as it is a slow slog for sure. But was all wrapped up by 5:45am and back to bed for 30 more minutes. LOL!!

My ADRs are

12/7 - Boma @ 8:25pm, wanted 8:00pm
12/8 - LTT @ 1:00pm
12/9 - Sci-Fi @ 6:45pm
12/10 - Crystal Palace @ 8:35am, wanted 8:00am
12/11 - Hollywood & Vine @ 8:00am
12/12 - Garden Grill @ 6:00pm, wanted 5pm
12/13 -Tusker House @ 8:00am

Worked out good for us, the DW and I agreed on 3 of the places, then we each picked 2 additional places to get to our total of 7 TS eateries. 4 character meals for DS3 which should be fun. Hard to choose where to eat sometimes as I'd like to try everyplace but can only do so much in a single trip. :thumbsup2

You are so lucky! Congratulations! I've never had any trouble getting the ADRs I wanted 180 days out, but this year my luck ran out for the 1st week of December. No CRT for lunch any day the week we are there. No Akershus either. We have been that week the last 3 years, and this is the first time that has ever happened. Usually I get everything I want, and pretty much at the times I want too. I am going to keep trying to pick up a cancellation, but if I don't we are probably going to cancel our trip and go another time. CRT is my DD's top request on any Disney trip and is her "most important" Disney thing, so if we don't get in I'd really rather take the trip another time. Congratulations on getting what you wanted!

I was up too, right along with you! I, too, got everything I wanted. I will see you at Tusker House on 12/13 - we too have an 8am ressie! :)

I had the same time Garden Grill on the 12th but changed it to Ohana for that night.

Have a great trip!
Melissa

Me too! I even got BOG, and had other times to pick from.

Us too - I was surprised at all of the BOG times that I saw were available! But, I had to pass on BOG. The kids' dinner choices would not fly with my kids! It's like pulling teeth at home to get them to eat grilled chicken or steak so I am not spending all that money for that! :sad2:

Melissa

I tried this morning, but it would only let me book through 12/7. :( My reservation is linked.

I booked this morning and got everything I wanted.

12/7 - Dinner at 50's PTC

12/8 - Dinner at Le Cellier

12/9 - Breakfast at Trail's End Buffet. Dinner at Tony's Town Square

12/10 - Dinner at Boma

12/11 - Breakfast at Chef Mickey's. Hopefully CP Dinner Package

12/12- Dinner at BOG. MVMCP night!!!

12/14 - Breakfast at Kona Cafe

Well I was up at 5am CDT this morning to secure our 180+10 ADRs ....... Still took 45 minutes via the website to get them made and twice the website "lost" my login info and I had to login again in order to continue making reservations during the +10 day period. Lots of Click and wait.................

Great!
So glad you got what you wanted. A few days back, I got up to be on-line at 3:00am here in CA and had exactly the same issue with having to login over and over. We had 13 reservations to make, and although I got them all (yeay!) it took about 1 1/2 hours. Was back to bed by 5:00am but too excited to sleep, but I didn't mind at all!

My conclusion is that the website has a long way to go, but still was working well enough for me not to get on the phone...and that was what I hoped for.

Hope you have a great time, Tormania! :goodvibes

We got everything we wanted on 6/9, and all the times we wanted as well, booking right through the My Disney Experience site. We got up at 5:30 am, and were ready to go at 6. We thought it would take a lot of time but we were all finished by 6:15! So excited! :cool1:

Glad you got what you wanted.....I think I learned something for my next trip though. We check in on Monday Dec 2 and check out Sat Dec 7th...as a result, I think we got slim pickings on reservations because someone checking in on Fri/Sat or Sun (Nov 29/30/Dec 1) and also staying through Sat Dec 7th gets a 1,2 or 3 day head start on us in booking ADR under the 180+10. Online at 6AM, I got most of what I "needed" , but not necessarily what I wanted (i.e. the times/days).

This was the first trip where ADR's were absolutely vital at the 180 mark because first time doing CRT with 3 yr old DD. wanted to hit BOG, but in hindsight I am not as concerned because the kids won't eat anything on the dinner menu and we will just make a point to hit it for lunch.

Something I never thought of before...the day of week you check in driving the ability to get your ideal ADR's

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter