• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ADR System Upgrade - History

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately you were always affected by the upgrade. Reservations were open through February 22. On November 21 they were opening from February 22 to May 20. So you'd have been right in the middle of that rush.

Now that it's supposed to open in late December, you'll be a month later and still in the middle of a bunch of people calling.

Hope it works out better for you than you're anticipating.

But if I remember right, CRT, Chef Mickeys and V&A are the exception, right? Meaning, our 180 days for CRT is Nov 4 (for a May 4 ressie)...I can still call for those anytime....correct?

As long as I have those two, I'll take my chances with everything else! :headache:

PS - Thanks so much DisneyDine...I think we are much better "in the loop" than some of those poor other souls out in cyberspace...

But if I remember right, CRT, Chef Mickeys and V&A are the exception, right? Meaning, our 180 days for CRT is Nov 4 (for a May 4 ressie)...I can still call for those anytime....correct?

As long as I have those two, I'll take my chances with everything else! :headache:

PS - Thanks so much DisneyDine...I think we are much better "in the loop" than some of those poor other souls out in cyberspace...

Yes, those remain the same. Sorry about not being clear in my previous post. I'll go back and check the FAQ that I didn't wipe that out.

When can I call to make my reservations?

You can make your reservations at any dining location that normally takes reservations at 180 days through February 22, 2009.

You can make reservations for Chef Mickey's, Cinderella's Royal Table and Victoria & Albert's at 180 days.

You cannot currently make reservations past February 22, 2009

Beginning on October 26, 2008, you will be able to make your reservations through March 22, 2009.

Towards the end of December 2008, the upgrades will be complete and they will open the ADR window from March 23 - Late June 2009. At that time it will be 'business as usual' and the window will be 180 days for everyone.

Please don't make it longer for us!!!:rolleyes1 :lmao: Just when it was getting close, they cut me off by a week!!!:sad2:

How wonderful that we can get the latest info "straight from the horse's mouth"...not saying you are a horse, but you know what I mean. ;)

Yippee...that means I get to reserve my first four days(3/18 thru 3/22)...then wait until December for the next 10!!:rotfl: :rotfl:

Thank you also Tricia1972 for keeping this thread current.

Back to work:surfweb: :surfweb:

Try to remain patient everyone! :upsidedow

So you can still make ADR for CRT at the 180 day mark, correct? If so, can you still do the 180 plus 10 days if you are staying at a WDW resort or is it just 180 days due to the upgrade?
TIA

Thank you so much for letting us know Disney Dine!

You're always ahead of the ball by a day or so, and everyone here really appreciates you taking your own personal time to give us the scoop.

I am going to merge this into the 'official ADR watch thread' so everyone subscribed there knows the skinny.

:worship: :worship:
:banana: :banana: :banana:
Thank you DisneyDine and Tricia for keeping us current on what's happening, I can't wait till the 26th where I can make all my ADR's and can get back to my planning (this holding out for 90 days has killed my OCD planning)
:scared1: :scared1: OMG I just realized I don't have anything finalized on where to start making my ARS's - well must get to work:laughing:

:worship: :worship:
:banana: :banana: :banana:
Thank you DisneyDine and Tricia for keeping us current on what's happening, I can't wait till the 26th where I can make all my ADR's and can get back to my planning (this holding out for 90 days has killed my OCD planning)
:scared1: :scared1: OMG I just realized I don't have anything finalized on where to start making my ARS's - well must get to work:laughing:

Exactly! Lets look on the bright side...this all gives us a chance to REEAAALLY plan and make sure everything is perfectly what they want when we call! :goodvibes

...and then when we call we can't get into anything. :scared1: :rolleyes:

I just made Chef Mickey's ADRs for April 16th, 2009 - WDWDINE is taking reservations for that location through May 29th, 2009 dates right now.

Anyone know the answer to this one? How come Chef Mickey's is booking along with CRT in advance? I know that CRT is so difficult to get and obviously thats why for them, but is Chef Mickey's that popular that they need to book so far in advance too?
I have never been so maybe I am missing the reason here. But I would think some of the real popular restaurants like Le Celier would have been the one to book early with CRT?
Just wondering. :confused3

NEW DINING RESERVATION SYSTEM IN THE WORKS

Disney will begin implementing a new reservation system that combines dining, recreation and tour bookings.

The conversion will start on July 21, 2008 and is expected to be functioning early December. While this is taking place, the latest dining reservation date which can be booked in advance is March 22, 2009**. Once the new system is operating, it will revert to the 180 day Advance Dining Reservation window.

The exceptions to the shortened ADR booking window are Cinderella's Royal Table, Chef Mickey's and Victoria & Albert's.

** - While the official source states that ADR's can now be booked thru March 22, 2009, we are getting conflicting reports from calls to Disney Dining. It appears this may not go into effect until October 26.

This is straight from the DIS site. I called to reserve for our March 14-21, 2009 vacation as soon as I saw this posting... but neglected to see that this doesn't go into effect until October 26th! The person I spoke to said that they are only taking reservations up until February 22nd at this point. You had better believe that I will be the first person to call on Sunday.

He also talked a bit about the new system in the works. Apparently, when you make your reservations, the Disney representative will be able to pull up a range of dates, not just make the ADRs one reservation at a time. They will also be able to offer the caller alternative restaurant choices if the restaurant they want to eat at is booked up. These suggestions will go along with the cuisine and atmosphere that the caller is looking for. Sounds good. The guy I talked to seemed really excited about it and said it would make his job much simpler!

Anyone know the answer to this one? How come Chef Mickey's is booking along with CRT in advance? I know that CRT is so difficult to get and obviously thats why for them, but is Chef Mickey's that popular that they need to book so far in advance too?
I have never been so maybe I am missing the reason here. But I would think some of the real popular restaurants like Le Celier would have been the one to book early with CRT?
Just wondering. :confused3

Chef Mickey's is almost as popular as CRT. Although you are right Le Cellier does get booked up quite quick as well, along with Ohana and the Coral Reef.

Thank you so much for letting us know Disney Dine!

You're always ahead of the ball by a day or so, and everyone here really appreciates you taking your own personal time to give us the scoop.

I am going to merge this into the 'official ADR watch thread' so everyone subscribed there knows the skinny.

You are welcome. Hey I was a DISer first (different user name) before a CM... I have to keep my buddies in the loop.

I just hung up with somebody from dining reservations and she knew nothing about a change from Nov 21st. She checked her messages and asked her supervisor and nobody knew anything different. I then spoked to somebody about a tour and he said that they may not be up on Nov.21. The moral of this is that nobody really knows what is going on with the new system. I would just keep on callling and checking the boards to see if anybody was able to make reservations past Feb 22nd.

There is an advisory message daily that any CM can read if they choose. They should all be reading it every day. I noticed today was the first day any supervisors were informing us of the change. Some are hearing it for the first time today. I know it's confusing when you call and get 100 different answers. Not every one keeps up with the current events unfortunately.

I just made Chef Mickey's ADRs for April 16th, 2009 - WDWDINE is taking reservations for that location through May 29th, 2009 dates right now.

How did that work? My first day at WDW isn't until May 4th...and my 180 days isn't until Nov. 4....I don't understand how they can be taking ressies through May 29th when that is out of the 180 days....:confused3

How did that work? My first day at WDW isn't until May 4th...and my 180 days isn't until Nov. 4....I don't understand how they can be taking ressies through May 29th when that is out of the 180 days....:confused3

I think the OP may have meant April 29th since that would be 10 days forward from 4/19 which is today's (10-21) 180 day out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter