ADR on line for DVC

I should clarify - our reservation is at BWV. I also called and was able to get what we wanted, but it was frustrating to be up so early and not able to log in. I saw many posts on the restaurants board that several people had issues - not just DVC reservations. :confused3

Hello Everyone,

I've been up since 4:30 am trying to get the Online Dining Reservations jump on the pack that will be calling WDW-DINE at 7 am.

At this point, I have tried every possible combination of reservation numbers (including every phone number I have had for the last 5 years), Last Names, resorts (including AKV, AKL, and AKV-Kidani), and check-in dates possible.

EVERY TIME, I get the following response at the top of the screen:
To make your reservation, please enter the requested information: E02020305001

I guess I shouldn't say "every time", because when I enter a phone number, I get (frustratingly) a more sensible message, which says:
To make your reservation, please enter the requested information: The resort reservation(s) you were trying to retrieve cannot be found. Please check that youve entered the correct confirmation number.

Like most of the rest of you reading this thread (I imagine), I am trying to make my reservations early a) because I really enjoy the planning and b) because getting the reservation before everyone else feeds my competitive and obsessive/compulsive traits.

So, naturally, as an obsessive compulsive person, I have tried to dry-run making the online reservations for a week, WITH THE EXACT SAME RESULTS that I am getting this morning. Like several of you on this thread, I too called WDW-DINE and tech support and the DVC member line. Each time, I was told "Don't worry, the system will pull your reservation just fine at 6 am 90 days from your check in date."

My check in date is 1/4/09. Today is 10/6/09. I have obsessively checked and double-checked my math so as not to mess these reservations up. Disneyworld.com will still not retreive my reservation, thus I cannot make dining reservations online for the 90+10 days.

To the people who made their dining reservations online successfully:
At which DVC resort were you staying?
Were you trying on the 90th day out?
At what time on the 90th day out were you able to make your reservations?
On that day, were you able to make reservations for the 90th day as well as the following 10 days? (assuming you were stayng for 10 days)
How many digits is your confirmation number? (mine is 12 digits, and came printed on the reservation notice I got in the mail from DVC.)

I've gotten far less sleep than I needed tonight, and this whole thing is aggravating me much more than it really should, but I have to agree with the other frustrated people in this forum: I recall very clearly how much I had to put down to purchase my DVC membership, and that amount FAR EXCEEDS the amount most people are spending to book a regular resort reservation. Maybe Disney assumes that they already have my money, so they don't have to try too hard to satisfy me as a customer.

In any case, I WILL get my reservations made. I've got my Plan B set up for 7 am on WDW-DINE, and my Plan C going with DVC Member Services if this thing REALLY blows up on me (Although I already know that WDW-DINE can pull my reservations - See "Dry Run" comments above.). I won't miss out just because the Disney System doesn't seem to recognize some DVC reservations.

To all my fellow obsessive-planners out there: I feel your frustration and pain, and I'll be racing you at 7 am for that Cinderella's Royal Table Reservation. Good luck to you!

Rhett

Hello Everyone,

I've been up since 4:30 am trying to get the Online Dining Reservations jump on the pack that will be calling WDW-DINE at 7 am.

At this point, I have tried every possible combination of reservation numbers (including every phone number I have had for the last 5 years), Last Names, resorts (including AKV, AKL, and AKV-Kidani), and check-in dates possible.

EVERY TIME, I get the following response at the top of the screen:
To make your reservation, please enter the requested information: E02020305001

I guess I shouldn't say "every time", because when I enter a phone number, I get (frustratingly) a more sensible message, which says:
To make your reservation, please enter the requested information: The resort reservation(s) you were trying to retrieve cannot be found. Please check that youve entered the correct confirmation number.

Like most of the rest of you reading this thread (I imagine), I am trying to make my reservations early a) because I really enjoy the planning and b) because getting the reservation before everyone else feeds my competitive and obsessive/compulsive traits.

So, naturally, as an obsessive compulsive person, I have tried to dry-run making the online reservations for a week, WITH THE EXACT SAME RESULTS that I am getting this morning. Like several of you on this thread, I too called WDW-DINE and tech support and the DVC member line. Each time, I was told "Don't worry, the system will pull your reservation just fine at 6 am 90 days from your check in date."

My check in date is 1/4/09. Today is 10/6/09. I have obsessively checked and double-checked my math so as not to mess these reservations up. Disneyworld.com will still not retreive my reservation, thus I cannot make dining reservations online for the 90+10 days.

To the people who made their dining reservations online successfully:
At which DVC resort were you staying?
Were you trying on the 90th day out?
At what time on the 90th day out were you able to make your reservations?
On that day, were you able to make reservations for the 90th day as well as the following 10 days? (assuming you were stayng for 10 days)
How many digits is your confirmation number? (mine is 12 digits, and came printed on the reservation notice I got in the mail from DVC.)

I've gotten far less sleep than I needed tonight, and this whole thing is aggravating me much more than it really should, but I have to agree with the other frustrated people in this forum: I recall very clearly how much I had to put down to purchase my DVC membership, and that amount FAR EXCEEDS the amount most people are spending to book a regular resort reservation. Maybe Disney assumes that they already have my money, so they don't have to try too hard to satisfy me as a customer.

In any case, I WILL get my reservations made. I've got my Plan B set up for 7 am on WDW-DINE, and my Plan C going with DVC Member Services if this thing REALLY blows up on me (Although I already know that WDW-DINE can pull my reservations - See "Dry Run" comments above.). I won't miss out just because the Disney System doesn't seem to recognize some DVC reservations.

To all my fellow obsessive-planners out there: I feel your frustration and pain, and I'll be racing you at 7 am for that Cinderella's Royal Table Reservation. Good luck to you!

Rhett

I really do feel your frustration! I was up at 3am to book my ADRs and couldn't. I wound up staying up until 7am to book them on the phone, and while I got everything I wanted, I was in a really crabby mood wrt the whole situation. My parents (who actually are the owners) are getting fed up with feeling like second-class citizens when they paid good money for DVC points.

Good luck, and I hope you get all of your reservations! :goodvibes

Glad to have found this thread. My ADR's fall into the 180+10 days out rule as our vacation isn't till May 1st. On November 1st I will be making the ressies. However just for grins I went out today to try and retrieve my ressie and I get similar errors others are getting (We are staying at AKV - Kidani) - "To make your reservation, please enter the requested information:
E02020305001"

If I put a bogus confirmation number in I get the following - "To make your reservation, please enter the requested information:
The resort reservation(s) you were trying to retrieve cannot be found. Please check that youve entered the correct confirmation number."

I thought that the error I was receiving may be because I am not at the 180 day window but it appears others who are within their current 90 day window are receiving errors as well. This definetly has me worried a bit come November 1st.

This is apparently a systemwide glitch. It's not limited to DVC reservations. It's pretty much most if not all new resort reservations in 2010. The restaurant board is full of people who get error messages and can't book restaurants on the +10 system. Right now the only way around it is to call and make your +10 reservations by phone.

The system recognizes my ressie # but since I'm about 5 hours from my window opening up, the calendar is useless. I'm a little worried that it won't show me my +10 window.

Also, I'm doing a split stay. Will it keep the +10 window open or close it on the day we switch resorts? Will I have to try back in 3 days when the 90+10 window for our new ressie opens?

So I'm up at 2 AM CST to book ADR's. I checked on my ressie before bed, system recognizes it, etc....etc......

Then when I go to enter it I get the dreaded To make your reservation, please enter the requested information: E02020305001

I am so ticked off at this system and will be telling them so when I call at 6 AM.

I was having the same problem as everyone else. I tried to pull my reservation for BLT up in every way imaginable, but no luck. This morning was my 90 day booking window, so I thought I'd give it another shot, and I was able to make all of my dining reservations on-line!

I don't know if it's important, but I specifically made sure that I was logged out of the Disney system and then, following the previous advice of others I went directly to the first restaurant that I wanted. I clicked on "Make a Reservation". There are two options above the calendar to update your profile or log-in. Under "Log-In or Register" it says,

"If you have a Resort reservation or would like to use your Disney Dining Plan for this meal, please retrieve your reservation"

Click on the retrieve your reservation link in the above sentence and enter the usual information (i.e., confirmation number, last name of primary guest, arrival date, and resort).

Despite all of the trouble I have been having, like a lot of other Disers, it recognized my reservation and opened up the 90 + 10 booking window!

I hope this helps others who are having the same problem. Good luck!

We have a reservation through DVC at BLT starting the end of April 2010. I went to the WDW site, book, dining reservations and found a restaurant. I then clicked retrieve reservation. I entered my res #, last name and date of arrival. It pulled up my reservation and said that my ADRs would be associated with the reservation. I am more than 90 days out, so I couldn't make any ADRs, but I was able to get in.

In this case it was not a BLT problem and not a "greater than 90 days" problem. Hope this info helps narrow it down.

Good Luck

I was really frustrated when I tried doing my ADRs on a DVC reservation. Does the system actually work correctly now?

I made all mine for June .... Even got La Cellier:thumbsup2, no prob! I just logged on to disneyworld.com and went to dining ressies, and picked. It didnt ask for any DVC res number or anything. I had to leave a credit card number for a few of our choices tho.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter