Adding on a 50 pt contract?

kedkin

Earning My Ears
This may be a stupid question, but why would someone add on a 50 pt or even a 100 pt contact at VGF? If you only had 50 pts it wouldn't get you a lot of nights, and you couldn't use your other points at 11 months out, so why add on?

If I was going to buy low, it would be for a long weekend stay every year. Say a teacher who knows they will always have MLK Day/Columbus Day/Veterans' Day off and can make a 3 day weekend. 50 Points doesn't work without borrowing a few but 60 sure would for any of those days in a standard studio, and I imagine booked 11 months out, you'd probably be able to get one of those weekends each year.

I know if the Poly ever happens, my wife and I would hopefully do exactly this (if I could talk her into it) as we are both in education and something like this would be perfect for an adult's getaway weekend.

Bank and borrow would get you a week in a studio every 3 years. Or for a few night in addition to your other points.

I guess I'm thinking of an annual vacation. But still, if you bought 50 points, 150 points every three years you're probably only looking at a studio for 4 or 5 days.

That is exactly what we want to do, we want 3 nights in a 1 bedroom every three years. I wouldn't want to stay there for long we would do the parks from our AKV contract then go there to relax with a bottle of wine on the balcony and do Signatures

I guess I'm thinking of an annual vacation. But still, if you bought 50 points, 150 points every three years you're probably only looking at a studio for 4 or 5 days.

I think the people you see buying the small contracts, myself included, don't plan to use them every year. More like every other year so you can use two years' worth of points.

Depends on what people want. We never go for a full week. Ever. We are local and we only go for 3 nights at a time. We usually have two studios booked at the same time, one for us, and one for my parents.

I added on 70 points which allows me to get 2 studios during the time we like to go, for 3 nights, every other year. Or, I could just squeak by with a 2 bedroom every other year for the 3 nights.

What's already been said.

A lot of DVC owners have multiple favorite resorts. But don't need 250 points at all resorts. We started with only 75 BLT points think it would be an every other year or every 3rd year stay. Then we stayed and loved it. So we've added on there.

When the Poly is built I could see wanting 50-75 points there for 2-3 nights here and there with BLT being our main stay.

Points are poitns at 7 months, so many just want the advanced booking window for a few nights at prime times periodically.

What's already been said.

A lot of DVC owners have multiple favorite resorts. But don't need 250 points at all resorts. We started with only 75 BLT points think it would be an every other year or every 3rd year stay. Then we stayed and loved it. So we've added on there.

When the Poly is built I could see wanting 50-75 points there for 2-3 nights here and there with BLT being our main stay.

Points are poitns at 7 months, so many just want the advanced booking window for a few nights at prime times periodically.

Do a lot of people do split stays. I've never done that before but have to for an upcoming trip because they were booked. Is it easy to transfer? Do they move your bags for you?

Do a lot of people do split stays. I've never done that before but have to for an upcoming trip because they were booked. Is it easy to transfer? Do they move your bags for you?

Our preference is to stay at one resort for the whole trip, we like to settle in. But if you want to do a split stay, Disney makes it quite easy. You can just take your bags to Bell Services and they will transfer them to the new resort. But you won't see your bags again until late afternoon, so be sure to pull out anything you might need that day.

We only ever do split stays I can't bring myself to one experience one resort in a holiday. Also it takes the pressure of if switching reservations at the 7 months because 4 nights is easier to get than 14. We only go once every 2-3 years though if we went more often we would probably think differently. We have a 15 night trip in August and we are staying at 4 resorts

We only ever do split stays I can't bring myself to one experience one resort in a holiday.

That's how we've been vacationing for the last 3 trips. We split stay between MK and Epcot resorts. For our next trip, I'm struggling over whether or not to add in AKV! But that would mean cutting back days at VGF :confused:

Our preference is to stay at one resort for the whole trip, we like to settle in. But if you want to do a split stay, Disney makes it quite easy. You can just take your bags to Bell Services and they will transfer them to the new resort. But you won't see your bags again until late afternoon, so be sure to pull out anything you might need that day.

Thanks for the info. I'm guessing we have to check out by 11 and can't check in until 4. We're bringing our 18 month old and that would be her nap time but what else could we do.

We go have a nicer lunch and then do mini golf before checking in again. She won't always be 18 months most people buying points are looking ahead.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter