Adding an "Other Parks" Forum to the DISboards?

harrycalder

Roller Coaster Guy
Hello,

Back in August, on the recommendation of those around here who know better than I, I sent a message to Webmasterpete requesting that a new forum be added to the DISboards. I received no response, so before I consider attempting to contact him again, I thought I would share my idea and see if there's any significant interest in it. This is being posted to several DISboards fora, as there seems to be no one good place to find all the people I'm attempting to reach (which, as you read this, is kinda my point).

My original proposal contained the following:

"Hello Moderators, Webmaster(s), etc.,

I was just wondering what the feasibility of adding a forum for roller coaster/thrill ride/general amusement park fanatics to the DIS Boards would be (perhaps in the "Just for Fun" section)? I'm a coaster junkie and it's clear to me there are other DISers with the same inclination. It would be nice to have a place of our own to discuss these topics rather than having to figure out where to post such a thread where it won't get in the way. And yes, Universal and Sea World aren't the only parks outside of Disney that many of us enjoy--discussions of Knoebels, Hersheypark, and Six Flags (for example) wouldn't fit in in the Universal fora."

I went on to note that while there are web boards and the like for coaster and amusement park fans, there is no such place for those who are also DISboard regulars. Such a forum would allow those of us here to find each other easily and to build a nice community of "DIS thrillseekers." For what it's worth, I was (and still am) willing to assist in moderating such a forum should it be created.

So what do you guys think? Would you visit and/or post to a forum on the DISboards that specializes in seasonal amusement parks, roller coasters, and thrill rides? For those who have posted about seasonal/regional parks in the past (i.e. Knoebels, Hersheypark, Six Flags, Busch Williamsburg, Dollywood, etc.), would you bring those discussions to this new group where it would be on topic or would you instead post it to a more familiar forum?

If enough people are interested and willing to support such a venture, perhaps the powers that be here at the DISboards will give the idea serious consideration. Conversely, if I'm alone in the proverbial wilderness, I guess I'll just have to shut up and go back into lurk mode (as without my proposed forum, most of those threads that I feel qualified to comment on are too widely scattered to find easily). All constructive opinions are welcome. Thanks for reading.

-Jason

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter