Adding a passenger later?

graygables

<font color=blue>Doesn't like to discuss the Y2K P
Is it possible to add a passenger after the original reservation? We are looking at adjoining cat 10s for 4-6 people, depending on DH and 18yo DDs schedules. What I'd like to do is go ahead and book the 2 rooms as soon as 1/06 opens b/c I know at least 4 of us will be going and I figured it would be easier to cancel one of the rooms instead of being out the deposit money (DH's hangup) until the decision is made.

Thanks!

Yes, it's possible to add a passenger later. But be aware that prices go up as the cruise gets closer, and you'll pay the rate that's in effect when you add that passenger.

Another thing to think about that I hadn't realized at all when I called last month. We called to see how much it would be to add my Mom to my room of 3. There are 11 of us total - we have 3 Cat. 5 rooms. The customer service rep said that if I did add a person that we would be moved to the later dinner! I was like "What?" She said that if we added another person to our reservation our dinner seating time would have to be changed. I couldn't believe it! It winds up my Mom can't join us :( but it would have STUNK BIG TIME to have our seating changed because we added one person to a party of 11!:mad:

Also during peak times, the ship can "sell out", even if there is still room in your cabin.

I would advise booking the extra passenger when you book, and then dropping them at a later date if needed.

Anne

Even if there is "space" in your cabin, you may in fact not be able to add a passenger later. Based upon not only dinner seatings, kids clubs allotted spots, and ship capacity, there is the issue of lifeboat assignments. So, if you think you might want to add someone do it now, at the current pricing, and drop them later if you must. I would much prefer to have that choice than to have someone disappointed later on. Good luck!

Tink, that might have been because early dinner was full, although you would think with 11, you'd have an empty seat anyway. :confused:
And yeah, that would've stunk!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter