Adding a day to a park hopper ticket?

JessLCH

DIS Veteran
My inlaws bought 7 day park hopper tix on Undercover Tourist. Three is a chance that they may need to add an 8th day to the ticket. How would they go about doing this and what would the cost difference be? Thanks.

They'll walk up to Guest Services and pay about $10 to add one day.

My inlaws bought 7 day park hopper tix on Undercover Tourist. Three is a chance that they may need to add an 8th day to the ticket. How would they go about doing this and what would the cost difference be? Thanks.

FIRST: They need to USE the ticket to go into a theme park at least one time BEFORE they do the upgrade.
Then:
They can go to any ticket booth or Guest Relations to upgrade.
Cost is $10.65 per added day, per ticket, including tax.

They can do the upgrade as late as close-of-business on the same day that they use the last "day" on the ticket.

Thanks and the price won't vary much from that $10ish range even though they purchased via Undercover Tourist?

The price will be LOCKED-IN to the current WDW ticket price if they will do exactly as I stated.
(USE the tickets at least one time BEFORE the upgrade.)
I noted that you said the tickets were from UT.
That is why I was so specific.

The price to add the day will be exactly $10.65, per ticket.

Also note that not all CMs know how to price upgrades to UT tickets correctly. If they get a CM who doesn't know what they're doing and quotes them more than $10.65, tell your parents to say "Thanks, but I changed my mind" and then go to another location to add the day at the correct price. It's not really worth arguing with the CM and they definitely shouldn't overpay.

We once had UT tickets that we wanted to add a day to. We were quoted $40 per ticket by a clueless CM in GS. We asked her to check with a manager, who also confirmed that it would be $40 per ticket. I said "No thanks" because I knew that was wrong, walked from GS inside Epcot to the ticket window outside Epcot, asked the CM there if he knew how to price bridge, he said yes, and added a day for $10.65 per ticket. These two experiences happened not more than 5 minutes apart in the same park.

I have done this, both at park ticket window, and at resort front desk. It is a two-step process: first step to bring the value of your discounted UT 7-day park hopper ticket up to the current gate price for a 7-day hopper, and a second step to then upgrade the new 7-day hopper to an 8-day hopper. Anyone trying to charge more than ~$10 is skipping the first bridge step and doesn't know what they are doing.

And I hate to disagree with Robo, but I was under the impression that you needed to perform the upgrade BEFORE you used the last day on the ticket.

From https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/faq/tickets/magic-your-way-ticket-upgrade/

Q. Can Magic Your Way tickets be upgraded after they are purchased?

A. Yes. If it is within 14 days of a Magic Your Way theme park ticket’s first use and the ticket has remaining admissions, you are able to upgrade the ticket. If it is more than 14 days after first use or if no admissions remain, then a ticket may not be modified or upgraded.

And I hate to disagree with Robo, but I was under the impression that you needed to perform the upgrade BEFORE you used the last day on the ticket.

When it is still that last day, it's fine. The last day isn't gone on that last day.

Just don't go the following day to do it. Then it's gone.

I will defer to your and Robo's expertise. I made sure to upgrade my tickets before entering the park on the last day because that's how I interpreted the phrase "if the ticket has remaining admissions", I figured once I entered the park on the last day I had no remaining admissions.

I will defer to your and Robo's expertise. I made sure to upgrade my tickets before entering the park on the last day because that's how I interpreted the phrase "if the ticket has remaining admissions", I figured once I entered the park on the last day I had no remaining admissions.

That would not technically be true since you can leave and reenter a park all day long. Remember, major theme park tickets are based on days and not admissions.

Okay, so it sounds like this could be a little more complicated with the bridge thing if there is a chance the CM may not do this properly. Also will they have to have the actual ticket in hand or just the magic bands?

Okay, so it sounds like this could be a little more complicated with the bridge thing if there is a chance the CM may not do this properly. Also will they have to have the actual ticket in hand or just the magic bands?

Doesn't matter. When I did mine, they just scanned our bands.

I brought both the Magicbands and the tickets (mine were from AAA) to the ticket booth, the CM first asked for the Magicbands but when she saw I had the actual tickets, that's what she wanted. I'm also guessing that if you go to a park ticket booth, they are more likely to do it correctly compared to Guest Relations inside the park or at a resort.

Final question: this is a party of 5. Do they all have to go to the ticket booth together or can just one go with all the bands and tickets?

-I'm also guessing that if you go to a park ticket booth, they are more likely to do it correctly:

1. compared to Guest Relations inside the park or

2. at a resort.

1. That is definitely not the case.
2. Maybe.

With the large diversity in the scheduling of individual CMs, even actual guest reports of "bad" or "good" ticket situations at any location is meaningless, as another guest on another day, at another time might encounter a completely different contingent of front-line CMs & managers.

Last edited:
I made sure to upgrade my tickets before entering the park on the last day because that's how I interpreted the phrase "if the ticket has remaining admissions", I figured once I entered the park on the last day I had no remaining admissions.

If you couldn't upgrade a ticket after the last park entry was used, a guest who stated with only a one-day ticket and was enjoying her day in the park would not be allowed to upgrade that ticket to extend her trip.

The object of not allowing tickets to be upgraded past the last day of their use is an effort to curtail the unscrupulous and unlawful practice of unauthorized ticket resellers procuring "empty" tickets from departing guests and (upgrading) adding "days" to them...
to pawn off on unsuspecting arriving guests, at a big profit.

All of that said, it may be becoming a moot point...
with so many guests now using MBs, and those MBs, being LINKED to specific guest info, the limitation of not being allowed to upgrade a fully-used-up ticket is likely not so much a factor.
BECAUSE: Guests staying at a WDW resort can now and always have been allowed to upgrade a fully-used-up ticket up to the full 14 days following that ticket's first use.

Last edited:
With the large diversity in the scheduling of individual CMs, even actual guest reports of "bad" or "good" ticket situations at any location is meaningless, as another guest on another day, at another time might encounter a completely different continent of front-line CMs & managers.

Yes, of course, wherever you go the CMs you encounter may or may not know what they are talking about. Maybe it wasn't clear, but I was just trying to say that your best bet for ticket upgrades (not a guarantee) would be to go to a ticket booth outside one of the parks. I don't think guest reports are "meaningless", that's one of the main reasons I come to the Disboards when I'm researching/planning a future trip: to hear other people's personal experiences so I can plan my trip better.

Yes, of course, wherever you go the CMs you encounter may or may not know what they are talking about. Maybe it wasn't clear, but

I was just trying to say that your best bet for ticket upgrades (not a guarantee) would be to go to a ticket booth outside one of the parks. I don't think guest reports are "meaningless", that's one of the main reasons I come to the Disboards when I'm researching/planning a future trip: to hear other people's personal experiences so I can plan my trip better.

No, that is not correct.

Guest Relations windows have more computer info available, and are better trained in guest needs.
CMs at GR locations inside the parks will likely have access to more management (with greater experience) than the GR
outside the gates.

I'm not discounting guest reports.
Good grief, anyone who spends even 10% as much time as I do on these boards is very attuned to guest reports.

BUT, what I am saying about ticket encounters is that a specific report about X on date Y at location Z will have little
bearing on a similar situation if you change X, Y, and/or Z in the equation.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter